Trying to be positive.......

angelman

....and before I go a drown my sorrows, if we can keep what's left (presuming Morgan and JRod are off), then I am sure that assimilating new players is not impossible. That is a big IF, as who the **** know who is going or staying. So if we can keep the following for continuity purposes

Boruc, Fonte and possibly Yoshida, Clyne, JWP, Cork, Wanyama & Davis coupled with Pelle and Tadic, who should have enough time to have settled in, then while it is beyond obvious that the upheavals will be difficult to overcome, I don't think it impossible. Of course if you throw 11 new players in it will be disastrous, but keep a core of players who have played together, then who know what might happen.

Targett seems that he might well be able to step up easily enough. I hope McQueen & Reed do as well. Sam G -hmmmm.

And to end on a really bright note, we've still got Billy Sharp. Of all the players at the club, and how he has been treated, he still seems to display more loyalty and integrity than most.

And to end on a really bright note, we've still got Billy Sharp. Of all the players at the club, and how he has been treated, he still seems to display more loyalty and integrity than most.

Because no one wants him. Not even rated by the fans of the club he was on loan to last season.

....and before I go a drown my sorrows, if we can keep what's left (presuming Morgan and JRod are off), then I am sure that assimilating new players is not impossible. That is a big IF, as who the **** know who is going or staying. So if we can keep the following for continuity purposes

Boruc, Fonte and possibly Yoshida, Clyne, JWP, Cork, Wanyama & Davis coupled with Pelle and Tadic, who should have enough time to have settled in, then while it is beyond obvious that the upheavals will be difficult to overcome, I don't think it impossible. Of course if you throw 11 new players in it will be disastrous, but keep a core of players who have played together, then who know what might happen.

Targett seems that he might well be able to step up easily enough. I hope McQueen & Reed do as well. Sam G -hmmmm.

I admire your optimism that you're including Wanyama, but once he's back he'll think oh **** I'm out'a here as well.

Ending a positive thread on the note of Billy Sharp still being here and being given a chance has made me even more fed up.

sooner or later, people will start to talk up Isgrove and how he can do a job...we are on the edge of being very much relegated IMO

sooner or later, people will start to talk up Isgrove and how he can do a job...we are on the edge of being very much relegated IMO

If we don't bring in signings of the level of De Vrij, Rojo, Forster, Classie - then we're gone.

But NC treated him like **** and he is still here.

Anyway, that was a light bit of banter but serious in that he is not seemingly wanting to bunk off (yes I know he's not as highly rated as others). But would you agree that if we can keep the core, then the additions might be bedded in without too much trouble? Is that overly wishful on my part?

I couldn't get to sleep last night because of this. It's strange how a football club can get to you. My life won't change if we get relegated. Saints is entertainment. But damn, it gets to me and I can't put my finger on why. I guess once you've followed it for nigh on 40 years that's what happens. I quite like the way it is affecting me like I am a little kid again.

All these players going to top 4 clubs makes you realise that with the right manager and a bit more investment maybe European football wasn't that far off,and if we could sustain that level Fat Kat and her merry men would make so much more money than they have of stripping the club.

The realistic side of this is we will have a "cup" team left who will get tonked most weeks and the dark days from 6-7 years ago will be back

I am firmly in the bedwetter camp now until I see something from the club,and I mean something proper not announcing Virgil van Fuc#ing Dijk

As far as being positive, well, I think we can stay up.

Still really rate our midfield without Morgan, reed and JWP will do well and cork wanyama and Davis are very reliable.

clearly need defence and attack signings though.

Ive said all summer our biggest problem will be the atmosphere amongst fans. It's hard to come back from this and have everyone firmly behind the new team.

Davis in central midfield? No thanks. Perhaps as part of a three, but then you're forcing Gaston (assuming he's here come match day) out wide. A Cork/Wanyama midfield is fine, certainly very solid, but offers nothing (relatively speaking) in the opposition half.

The French papers article was interesting. Sell all the players because a new owner would like a blank canvas - it's the ego of the rich. So if that is the case, is there a new owner (all bar paperwork) who is sanctioning the purchases? If not, then the sales and restocking of expensivish players seems strange.

I am confused. Time for more drink.