Another Myth Busted

lickierambert

The last few years the club, media and, to an extent this forum have peddled the view that the dressing room was harmonious and full of good natured, mature and decent people as well as good players.

I (naively), was proud of the fact that Saints players were such, and thought that the likes of Adebayor, Odemwigie and Nasri were problems other clubs had, and I even believed that Saints were too clever and above the money-grabbing, careerist characters found elsewhere.

If there is a saddening, long term consequence of this episode it will be that I and I'm sure many others will forever be extremely skeptical of any statements of loyalty upon signing, bade kissing etc. I don't think I will ever see footballers for anything more than corruptable commodities. I will enjoy their football skills still, but I don't think will ever warm towards them personally again.

(I think I may still love Kelvin though!)

They were together as a team and enjoyed playing for each other, this was born out of the success of rising through the divisions. Eventually it was going to come to an end, its natural that no one wants to be the one left behind. It must be like watching all your mates go on a fancy holiday together and you can't afford or aren't allowed time off work to go.