Defectors Watch

adrian lord

McCann and Kenton both left after relegation (Kenton only on loan though).

I think the sale of Crouchie was to ensure we could pay for the stadium, given that we only spent £90k on transfers that season.

I seem to remeber him saying he was staying and then Liverpool came in and obviously he had to go, it was certainly a move he would have been mad to turn down. Seriously good player for us and I'm sure would have been a legend had we stayed up.

Those were seriously dark days season 1 was our best chance to bounce back and our summer business was ridiculous 90k and some bang average freebies and loans.

I really hope we have some sort of sell on % in that deal. He's not going to stay there for long if he keeps improving.

i agree, he will end up with one of the really big clubs either here or more likely Spain.

He won't hang around a club still living in the late 70's - early 90's

Said to my brother before Mane left that he'll be top 6/7 players in the world within 3 years, phenomenal player, never seen a player stop dead and beat a player so easily.

It's a shame he could only be bothered to try for some of our games rather than all of them, we might have got a bit more cash for him (we probably ought to have done anyway).

I had reservations about whether he'd be consistent enough but is showing that he's capable of pulling it out every week for Liverpool. Much to my chagrin!

It's a shame he could only be bothered to try for some of our games rather than all of them, we might have got a bit more cash for him (we probably ought to have done anyway).

I had reservations about whether he'd be consistent enough but is showing that he's capable of pulling it out every week for Liverpool. Much to my chagrin!

I must say I can't agree. His form was hit and miss last season but I could never fault his workrate, which is one of the attributes that I think separates him from other good players. Hazard for example is fantastic, but doesn't bring exceptional workrate, as many extremely talented players don't. Mane, even when not at his best last season, was normally one of the hardest workers on the pitch in my opinion.

I must say I can't agree. His form was hit and miss last season but I could never fault his workrate, which is one of the attributes that I think separates him from other good players. Hazard for example is fantastic, but doesn't bring exceptional workrate, as many extremely talented players don't. Mane, even when not at his best last season, was normally one of the hardest workers on the pitch in my opinion.

Agree. He also always wanted the ball even when he wasn't in the best form. Superb player and could go on to be one of the best in the world. He is already one of the top 5 PL attackers.

MP is obsessed with playing a high line at the back, and to play that way away at Anfield up against Mane is just mental. Got what he deserved

Given that everyone who has had success against pool the last few weeks has done so by dropping deep, defending in numbers to deny Liverpool any space and than countering on them yeah playing a high line is pretty mental. Mane had the freedom of Anfield in that game but Poch only has one way of playing I guess you have to give him credit for sticking to his guns in regards to his football philosophy.

Given that everyone who has had success against pool the last few weeks has done so by dropping deep, defending in numbers to deny Liverpool any space and than countering on them yeah playing a high line is pretty mental. Mane had the freedom of Anfield in that game but Poch only has one way of playing I guess you have to give him credit for sticking to his guns in regards to his football philosophy.

I don't give him credit for it. It's a major weakness in him

• 2 weeks later...
He cant think of a better club to commit to....!

At the end of the day, he can look at his bank balance every week and know he did the correct thing. He may not have many medals but Im sure he will be able to go to a London auction and buy some of them when real footballers sell theirs

What's La Rat won? Worst by far of all the defectors for me, another 3 years there simply means a better chance of finishing his career cash rich but medal free. That'll suit him as he's clearly an empty shell of a human with zero integrity so trophies/ glory an alien concept to him. Also helps us to get points off them when he inevitably melts playing us.

"You know me Jamie, I'm a Bournemouth lad through and through" FFS.

Ripped jeans wearing ****.

**** sake, some of you are coming over like love lost teenagers. Get over it. It's pathetic Southampton fans laughing at a player being "medal free" , we've been "medal free" for nearly 50 ****ing years. He left to play for a bigger club, to play in the champions league, to earn more money & to win things. Even if we win Saturday, I'm pretty sure he'll match that by the end of his Liverpool career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** sake, some of you are coming over like love lost teenagers. Get over it. It's pathetic Southampton fans laughing at a player being "medal free" , we've been "medal free" for nearly 50 ****ing years. He left to play for a bigger club, to play in the champions league, to earn more money & to win things. Even if we win Saturday, I'm pretty sure he'll match that by the end of his Liverpool career.

It's a bit pathetic getting riled up over other people's opinions as well tbh.

He left for a bigger club, that's fine but it depends how you do it. If he had a shot on him he would be a great player rather than a good one.

He was always going to earn big money by moving, and Iam very surprised he is at that wage level, it is something that turns me off modern football, ask these people to pass the ball 100 times 10 yards and they'd miss a lot of the time, as for missing the first defender with a cross