Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Sorry to tell you but we still would of lost with Clyne on Sunday.

Clyne didn't seem to do much for Liverpool, who lost 3-0 at home to West Ham on Aug29 despite ex-Saints, Clyne and Lovren in their back 4. Many Saints' fans will have enjoyed the second W.Ham goal set up by an amazing schoolboy error by Lovren but you have to wonder what has happened to him since he separated head from body because at SFC he was seen as a thoroughly reliable CB, better maybe than Fonte.

BTW MikeSFC, you can't 'of' anything. You can 'have' a defeat but you can't 'of' one.

Clyne didn't seem to do much for Liverpool, who lost 3-0 at home to West Ham on Aug29 despite ex-Saints, Clyne and Lovren in their back 4. Many Saints' fans will have enjoyed the second W.Ham goal set up by an amazing schoolboy error by Lovren but you have to wonder what has happened to him since he separated head from body because at SFC he was seen as a thoroughly reliable CB, better maybe than Fonte.

BTW MikeSFC, you can't 'of' anything. You can 'have' a defeat but you can't 'of' one.

Think Toby answered your question in his comments about playing behind Vic and Morgan last season, you have one bloke its going to take half a day to get round and another who is going to nick the ball off you more often than not and subtly rough you up in the process, so as a defender you are primed positioned and ready much earlier to do your job making you look good.

Last season Lovren was behind Henderson and good old Stevie G on his farewell tour of the prem, Gerrard as a midfielder was shocking his head said bomb forwards but his body and legs said sod that Charlie so he was betwixt and between leaving Lovren far more exposed than he was with us. So ill discipline aside, he returned to looking like the just Ok defender he was at Lyon we took a punt on, sprinkle a bit of Defender turned Managers nous on him stick him behind a solid structure bingo! Pigs Ear into Silk Purse.

I thought Clyne' wasn't particularly good for any of their goals. Looking back on them - and it seems the copyright boys have cleared most of the net, save for this which is always good for a laugh https://www.facebook.com/ynfathehub/videos/894219370614959/ - seems to stand off making a tackle in all of them and gets left looking a bit lost in no man's land.

It will be interesting to see how Toby gets on at Spurs. The 2nd goal vs Stoke seems to have gotten their supporters a little anxious (and hence prompted the "it was easier at Saints with Vic and Morgan in front of me"). It will also be interesting to see how Poch gets on. There are a few Spuds fans who think that ENIC are only interested in getting land around the stadium on the cheap, so that they can make an absolute fortune from selling off flats, shopping centres etc. Given the nature of ENIC's business, owning a football club probably isn't high on the list of good investments. But land in central-ish London, well, that's a different matter.

Mikail Antonio is not a 'defector' as the management -Adkins- got rid of him, but anyomne notice he is back in the Premiership with WHU and cost them £7million. I wish him well he scored at Wembey when we won the JPT and was sorry when he got the push

Mikail Antonio is not a 'defector' as the management -Adkins- got rid of him, but anyomne notice he is back in the Premiership with WHU and cost them £7million. I wish him well he scored at Wembey when we won the JPT and was sorry when he got the push

I already posted my surprise that we didnt come in for him again; after all Reading playing silly buggers was the only thing that stopped us signing him permanently in the first place.

back to square one ?........

if Bournemouth are struggling around New Year..... maybe he'll go back there on loan .....can't think he'd be welcomed with open arms at SMS....

Don't talk wet, clearly doors are no longer wide enough down south for his ego. Definitely won't be back here or at Bournemouth any time soon whilst he has plenty of years on his 100k a week contract at pool

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3233066/Steven-Gerrard-recounts-role-trying-convince-likes-Willian-Toni-Kroos-sign-Liverpool.html

Hmm Gerrard's autobiography certainly suggests that he tapped our players up to me...

Carragher also said how after our home game against Liverpool- he told Clyne to join Liverpool.

Scouse *****

But like fonte telling cedric to join saints over Stoke?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3233066/Steven-Gerrard-recounts-role-trying-convince-likes-Willian-Toni-Kroos-sign-Liverpool.html

Hmm Gerrard's autobiography certainly suggests that he tapped our players up to me...

Carragher also said how after our home game against Liverpool- he told Clyne to join Liverpool.

Scouse *****

Is LFC some great big secret that Clyne and his agent had never heard of? So what if players say to each other that they should come and join? It's between the board rooms, agent and his charge.

Scouse *****

No different to Channon "tapping up" Keegan. I am sure it happens all the time but do you really think that players are so simple minded that they need other players to

convince them that a massive pay rise and playing for a bigger club aren't attractive options? I expect it goes on all of the time all over the place.

Steven Gerard in his book is providing proof that he abused his position as England Captain to tap up players, including ours. High time the club and other clubs hit back and took legal action on what he was up to. What her states living proof of why he should never have been England captain. He abused his position to blatantly tap up players on Liverpool's behalf. He has no integrity whatsoever and a truly despicable individual.

In many cases yes...

You are kidding, right? I know most footballers are not rocket scientists (apart from Ian Dowie of course) but you don't have to be the brightest knife in the draw to realise that it would be a step up career wise to play for Liverpool or Manchester United over a team of our size.

Scouse *****

Having read Gerrard's attempt at pitching, it is just as well he didn't sell double glazing for a living!

Luke Shaw's just had his leg snapped in half 15 minutes into the PSV game, going off on a stretcher with an oxygen mask. Don't expect we'll see him again this season.

Didn't see it but BBC said it was horrific. Obvious bad break?

Poor lad, shame for him, he's looked great this year.