Defectors Watch

adrian lord

I feel for the lad - he's getting absolutely mullered by everybody from the manager to the fans at united. He needs to get away, get games and get his career back on track. Let's face it, he was very good for us, and it's a shame that his step up has not worked.

He appears to be 'fair game' for anybody right now, hardly gorging on the buffet - more, we caught him eating - but lets whip the lad again.

Very sad really - but perhaps one who can be held up to some of our current youngsters - as what can happen once you leap out of the little pond into the big one.

I feel for the lad - he's getting absolutely mullered by everybody from the manager to the fans at united. He needs to get away, get games and get his career back on track. Let's face it, he was very good for us, and it's a shame that his step up has not worked.

He appears to be 'fair game' for anybody right now, hardly gorging on the buffet - more, we caught him eating - but lets whip the lad again.

Very sad really - but perhaps one who can be held up to some of our current youngsters - as what can happen once you leap out of the little pond into the big one.

Good post

I'd take him back!

----------------------------New GK----------------------------

---------Caceres----------Van Dijk-----------Bertrand-------

Cedric-----------------------------------------------------Shaw

--------------------Romeu------New DM----------------------

---------------------------Boufal/Tadic------------------------

------------------Gabbiadini---- Redmond/Long--------------

He looked pretty decent last season before his broken leg. Now he's just fallen foul of Mourinho as have so many other decent players before him and as you say just needs to get a move and get playing again. That's a José problem, if he doesn't think you fit in you might as well get your agent to start negociations for a move. It seems to be a completely random thing with him as well.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Barca loosing their manager at the end of the season... time to start cranking out those Koeman rumours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why would RK want to go to Barcalona? They werent the first club to have dug outs

Harry Redknapp slams Liverpool star Sadio Mane for subdued display in Leicester City defeat

Mane was on the end of a bad tackle in the first five minutes and that was him done for the night. You could almost see him say, “I don’t fancy this today”. He disappeared for the rest of the game.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/02/harry-redknapp-slams-liverpool-star-sadio-mane-for-subdued-display-in-leicester-city-defeat-6483571/#ixzz4aAgvM6g1

Harry Redknapp slams Liverpool star Sadio Mane for subdued display in Leicester City defeat

Mane was on the end of a bad tackle in the first five minutes and that was him done for the night. You could almost see him say, “I don’t fancy this today”. He disappeared for the rest of the game.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/02/harry-redknapp-slams-liverpool-star-sadio-mane-for-subdued-display-in-leicester-city-defeat-6483571/#ixzz4aAgvM6g1

So every single team is now going to hit him hard early on. If they don't get a yellow card first time, they'll likely carry on until they do. A price worth paying to take him out of the game.

Artur Boruc has just given a man of the match performance, saved a penalty and made a string of brilliant saves to get 10-man Bournemouth a draw at Old Trafford. If the referee hadn't helped Man Utd so much, Bournemouth would have won.

Did Artur have a party afterwards?

Artur Boruc has just given a man of the match performance, saved a penalty and made a string of brilliant saves to get 10-man Bournemouth a draw at Old Trafford. If the referee hadn't helped Man Utd so much, Bournemouth would have won.

Yes, he had a good game yesterday. He has also made a few mistakes in his previous games.

Forum favourite Morgan really average at White Hart Lane, nowhere near OR's level this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schneiderlin was very overrated by many Saints fans. His glaring weakness was always that he often lost concentration and was too easily dispossessed,as he was again today. Ironically, today he was up against a player who was very underrated by many Saints fans, Wanyama. Now, he really is a top class defensive midfielder: one of the very best in the game.

Schneiderlin was very overrated by many Saints fans. His glaring weakness was always that he often lost concentration and was too easily dispossessed,as he was again today. Ironically, today he was up against a player who was very underrated by many Saints fans, Wanyama. Now, he really is a top class defensive midfielder: one of the very best in the game.

Well he wasn't overrated. Under poch he was statistically one of the best midfielders in the world.

I love the.... I arrived in the Premier League late at 29 years old - you still have to live 50 years after football. You do your best for yourself and your family. You've got to fight for what you believe. I respected the club, but they weren't willing to find an agreement and reach a compromise.. Is he not able to get another job after he retires from football?? This attitude of the modern player really annoys me. Anyway, this not willing to find an agreement and reach a compromise - why should the club do so? He only signed a new contract 7 months earlier FFS. It was good enough then.

And Souness, **** me what questions to ask!!

Well he wasn't overrated. Under poch he was statistically one of the best midfielders in the world.

Generally, under Poch, most of our squad over performed. He has a nack of getting the best out of players (lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Shaw, Jay Rod, Kane) Klopp is similar imo.

I tend to agree that Morgan is overrated. I don't really see him as more than an average PL CM. Would have Wanyama over him any day of the week.

Bloody hell its going to take Souness a week to find his way out of Fonte's arse...

Still that interview confirms what everyone suspected Fonte wanted to cash in on winning the euros with last big pay day so he he can spend the next 50 years doing nothing....fair enough.

Edited by doddisalegend

I also enjoyed that he referenced resolving "the Payet situation" and the positive impact that has had on morale at West Ham, without seemingly recognizing the similarities in his own situation.

FWIW, I still have huge respect for what he achieved here and think most fans probably do too. Just can't get my head round why he keeps feeling the need to do these type of interviews. First TalkSport now this - we're over it mate, so should you be.

Looks like Souness has been to The Sun reporter academy at the Murdoch Journalism University, what horrible people Southampton FC are.

Obviously something wasn't right in that he didn't get a shout in the Europa league. But then seeing him left for dead very cheaply early on in the Hammers game the other day v Watford did make me wonder if with all the player analysis that goes on these day, if the club had identified that things were waning with his performance that maybe it was time to let things come to an end and not stump up any more.

"Is it harsh if the crowd gives you a bad reception?".

WTF are you on about, he's already come back and got applause when he came down to the Northam end Souness you sh*t stirring f*ck.

He keeps saying he didn't put in a transfer request like that makes him look better - it actually doesn't. One of the reasons all of us were a bit more respectful towards him were because we thought he'd done things "the right way" by putting in an official request rather than trying to hold onto his loyalty bonus whilst asking to leave.

Edited by Saint_clark

GS: You had a great European Championships and came back to Southampton - what happened next?

JF: I spoke to the club and said there could be possibilities [to move] and I would like the club to consider it.

GS: Seven years with the club shows you were a good servant. Did the club not get that? If someone is coming to you offering a better deal, then Southampton had to understand that you was in demand.

=================

So I guess that Souness doesn't think a contract is worth the paper it is written on, and the club should just bend over, drop its draws and beg for a good ramming on the whims of the players. Just covering old ground (because it irks me a little), but I wonder how this sits with Fonte

“I’m obviously very pleased and very happy. I want to thank the manager, Les Reed, Ralph [Krueger], Katharina [Liebherr] – all of the staff and all of the board – for showing their trust and belief in me. I am extremely happy that they are giving me this opportunity to keep being in this great club, and I hope I can give back with good performances and by helping the club move forward. This is where I feel happy and where I’ve been very successful, so this is where I want to be and where I want to win.”

SFC's position didn't change, although we supposedly offered to up his wages but would not extend it past 18 months that was remaining.

=================

Anyway, to JBS's point, to me, and I am but a supporter who sits in the stands, I felt that this was probably his last season. I presume the club thought a little differently as they were prepared to up his wages for 18 months, so guess that means that they thought he could do a job next season as well. Winning EC16 rather deflected the fact that time was catching up with him. So while I think he could still have done a job for us this season, the fact that he left in January, a few months early, isn't really a problem albeit the obvious problem it caused with VVD being off games. I look at what it is costing WHU and it is about £120k a week, or over £15.5m for the length of contract!! It will be interesting to see how he does against Hazard tonight.

Toby A being asked about his commitment to Spurs. Sounded very non-committal. Just concentrating on doing it on the pitch.

He's learning then. Last time he said he intended staying anywhere he was whisked off completely against his will apparently.

Not that it bothers me in the slightest (as I am secure in my support of Saints, accept where they are and am not going to change who I support), just musing with wry amusement, but I was listening to the talkSport this morning (I have no idea why I carry on with it!) and I just love the way that they introduce retired players and which clubs that they have played for. Today it was Razor Ruddock, ex Liverpool, Tottenham and West Ham. That's fine, but he played 115 times for Liverpool, 50 times for Spuds and 42 times for WHU.....and 107 times for us. Happens all the time really.