Defectors Watch

adrian lord

Moreno is such a liability,I wish Mane well as he is a good player, he won't be at Liverpool long if he can become consistent
In a general football board I also follow, Liverpool supporters are already saying he is their best player. Also, saying that if he had played in the Burnley game, the result would have been different.

his consistency (or lack of) will be interesting to follow this season. Plus, a lot of them seem oblivious to the fact that he will be gone for nearly two months this winter in Africa.

Saw a video today of Ian Wright saying Calum Chambers should leave Arsenal. He's really ****ed his career up the wall hasn't he? Hasn't done a damn thing there and while he didn't behave appallingly like Lovren and Lallana, Chambers defect still left a sour taste in the mouth. So ****** to him.

Saw a video today of Ian Wright saying Calum Chambers should leave Arsenal. He's really ****ed his career up the wall hasn't he? Hasn't done a damn thing there and while he didn't behave appallingly like Lovren and Lallana, Chambers defect still left a sour taste in the mouth. So ****** to him.

That's a bit harsh. I'm not privy to what happened when he moved, but unlike the others that season he didn't appear to have been angling for it.

Looked like Mane grabbed himself 3 assists tonight.

(Might have got more, but only saw 3)

He really is a magical player, and represents the star quality we are now so obviously missing. With hindsight, the Club could/should have insisted on him staying another year, getting the benefit of another successful season, and selling for 15-20 million next summer. I would rather have had that with Fonte being sold off for the 12 million, than the position the Club is now in, staring down the barrel of a mediocre season.

Looked like Mane grabbed himself 3 assists tonight.

(Might have got more, but only saw 3)

He already looks head and shoulders above the rest of the Liverpool team and is going to be sensational for them. It's frustrating but I don't bear him any grudge unlike the previous 2 generation of defections

He already looks head and shoulders above the rest of the Liverpool team and is going to be sensational for them. It's frustrating but I don't bear him any grudge unlike the previous 2 generation of defections

Agree with the majority of that, though it cheeses me off that he can put performances like that in when he's got a point to prove at a new club, yet for about 6 months of last season he t*ssed it off for us.

Agree with the majority of that, though it cheeses me off that he can put performances like that in when he's got a point to prove at a new club, yet for about 6 months of last season he t*ssed it off for us.

Yet people still wanted to keep him here for another year thinking that he would do well while being reluctant. It's that age old problem of having reluctant players and trying to keep them.

Plus of course ACN17 - looking back he didn't miss any in 2015 I think because of injury, but generally I think it is 5 league games that get missed and a couple of FA Cup ones. There are pre tournament friendlies as the group gets together.

This.

When we see what he can do when he really wants to it makes you question some of his abject appearances last season.

He is going to need to be, with Liverpool's defence, if they want to achieve anything. Slightly odd Liverpool haven't done more about their defence considering how flaky it was last season instead Klopp seems more interested in having a ton of AMs.

As clear from Wanyama article , players have a career mapped out in their head , assisted by agents ,so the have zero allegiance to Southampton (or any mid table club) they all have Man u/city Barca /Real in mind as their final destination . Leicester showed you can do it for a season (like Blackburn Ipswich etc but you have to be a BIG club with 33 players on loan a la Chelsea to compete long term . In the mean time we should treat matchdays as a good day out !!!!

Netherlands 1-2 Greece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3770540/Holland-deep-doldrums-discontent-coach-Danny-Blind-grows-fans-clamour-return-Louis-van-Gaal-ahead-tough-World-Cup-qualifying-campaign.html

Could they?? Would he?? Not van Gaal but Koeman!! Not sure whether Ron is happy with EFC's "ambition" or not, but would be hellish funny if he quit to take the national job.

Netherlands 1-2 Greece

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3770540/Holland-deep-doldrums-discontent-coach-Danny-Blind-grows-fans-clamour-return-Louis-van-Gaal-ahead-tough-World-Cup-qualifying-campaign.html

Could they?? Would he?? Not van Gaal but Koeman!! Not sure whether Ron is happy with EFC's "ambition" or not, but would be hellish funny if he quit to take the national job.

That would be funny but he's gone to Everton for the money and he won't leave yet and forfeit it all.

Who was Manager when Antonio left us - was it Nigel? Almost as big a gaff as Ferguson letting Pogba go and Mourhino releasing Lukaku.

Who was Manager when Antonio left us - was it Nigel? Almost as big a gaff as Ferguson letting Pogba go and Mourhino releasing Lukaku.

I seem to remember that Reading were happy to let him come to us because "League 1 is about his level."

Pards was at that point. I think we wanted him, but Reading quoted us something like £1.5m and we did a runner at that point. And then he subsequently scored against us in the pre-season friendly against reading that year too.

Pards was at that point. I think we wanted him, but Reading quoted us something like £1.5m and we did a runner at that point. And then he subsequently scored against us in the pre-season friendly against reading that year too.

I seem to remember there was talk of £1m which was still too much. He's had a lot of player development in the lower leagues since then, several years in fact.

Pards was at that point. I think we wanted him, but Reading quoted us something like £1.5m and we did a runner at that point.

And then he subsequently scored against us in the pre-season friendly against reading that year too.

With Nicola Cortese holding the purse strings, it can be clearly seen that he preferred to go to " his friends in Italy" and loan the likes of Papa Waigo and Guly who (admittedly) DAJFU in L1, but whose subsequent careers cannot be compared to the progress that Antonio has made in his.

Those loan fees (and subsequent purchase) of Guly must have far outweighed the amount that Antonio would have cost us, and I'm fairly sure that his advancement with SFC would have been swifter than it was with the other clubs who has been with since.

I acknowledge that his financial expertise in setting the club to rights is to be admired, but as an admitted " football amateur ", he really should have looked to

someone with more nous, in the Englsh footballing world before going ahead with the (later) disasterous purchases of Gaston and Osvaldo.

With Nicola Cortese holding the purse strings, it can be clearly seen that he preferred to go to " his friends in Italy" and loan the likes of Papa Waigo and Guly who (admittedly) DAJFU in L1, but whose subsequent careers cannot be compared to the progress that Antonio has made in his.

Those loan fees (and subsequent purchase) of Guly must have far outweighed the amount that Antonio would have cost us, and I'm fairly sure that his advancement with SFC would have been swifter than it was with the other clubs who has been with since.

I acknowledge that his financial expertise in setting the club to rights is to be admired, but as an admitted " football amateur ", he really should have looked to

someone with more nous, in the Englsh footballing world before going ahead with the (later) disasterous purchases of Gaston and Osvaldo.

Crikey your anti Cortese agenda and re writing of history -quoting facts that Just can't be supported with any evidence is amazing!

As soon as he saw he wasn't being picked, Lucille Shaw suddenly was crying that his leg wasn't right. Feel sorry for his and how he still hasn't manned up as a player. In fact his moods are so developed he ought to wear a bra.

As soon as he saw he wasn't being picked, Lucille Shaw suddenly was crying that his leg wasn't right. Feel sorry for his and how he still hasn't manned up as a player. In fact his moods are so developed he ought to wear a bra.

You don't half spout some ****.

I thought Lallana was sh1t apart from the goal. So did the rest of the people in the pub. I'm in Plymouth as well so there's no bias what so ever!

Pretty much. Even his goal should have been saved really. I was looking forward to a new England Manager but that was pretty much "meet the new boss same as the old boss". Really English players are just horribly overhyped and no where near as good as they, or the press, like to think.

Since when have Journos been experts on football? If the keeper hadn't have let his shot ough his legs Lallana would have got slated in the press for his many misses.