Breaking news on sky

Viking Warrior

While we need a keeper, I can't help but think that's not the priority at the moment. It's pretty much the only position we're assured to have the same personnel as last season!

Still, Ings, Forster and Rojo are my guesses.

Nabil Hassan ‏@NabilHassan79 3m

Shaping up to be another interesting afternoon. #saintsfc

Let's hope it's interesting for the right reasons today.

Morgan and J-Rod sold - then RK trying to bluster his way through his interview

Still, Ings, Forster and Rojo are my guesses.

last week I genuinely believed we would be able to attract Rojo but after recent developments, I'm afraid we might have to dial down our expectations. that kolo guy would be more realistic..

last week I genuinely believed we would be able to attract Rojo but after recent developments, I'm afraid we might have to dial down our expectations. that kolo guy would be more realistic..

Rojo was in the BBC gossip page today so must be close to a deal based on what happens when SFC players appear there, right?

have you actually seen TK play, he isn't that good. I doubt that Koeman would even want him, probably better for less in Holland.

Don't know if TK played in the 5-1 humilition of Nice by Norwich yesterday but they are in desperate trouble, just about avoided relegation last season as well.

MLT mentioned Holtby and Dawson yesterday

I'd take Holtby, less so Dawson. Slow, error-prone, only gets any sort of reputation because he's "brave" and "puts his body on the line" (usually because he's let his man have three yards of space first).

I'd take Holtby, less so Dawson. Slow, error-prone, only gets any sort of reputation because he's "brave" and "puts his body on the line" (usually because he's let his man have three yards of space first).

True, but id take Dawson over Jos.

Following recent events my expectations are lower than 4-5 weeks ago.

Personally id like Van Dijk

That flies a little in the face of this...

Amy Lewis @SkySportsAmy

Sources: Southampton hoping to bring in a keeper, defender and a forward by the end of this week with a focus on young English talent

Holtby looked a prime contender to start for Spurs with the way he was pressing in their preseason friendly I watched on the weekend. He'd have been a great signing last season, not sure he'd be available now.

I don't think what she meant by 'with a focus on young english talent' necessarily means that they will all be young and english. I'd like to think it would be Forster, Van Dijk and Ings, but any half decent signings would please me at the minute!

I don't think what she meant by 'with a focus on young english talent' necessarily means that they will all be young and english. I'd like to think it would be Forster, Van Dijk and Ings, but any half decent signings would please me at the minute!

No chance of us getting at least 1 signing with proven PL experience then. They could at least make a little effort and get us Bertrand or something.

Yes I would tend to agree. I don't think she meant exclusively. Mind you judging by the premium that English players are transferring for today then maybe this is our strategy going forwards. Buy young and (relatively) inexpensive English players and sell them after a couple of good seasons. An Academy+

So why didn't we sign Caulker then?

Because he's crap and overpriced (transfer fee and wages) - even without the question of whether the owner is spending less than you'd hope on players that would have been a bad bit of business.

No chance of us getting at least 1 signing with proven PL experience then. They could at least make a little effort and get us Bertrand or something.

Bertrand is also crap and overpriced. I'd rather we focused on "cheap but good" than "young and English", we've got plenty of those already.