Morgan tweet - wow

whelk

I think the board rules are that we can't keep unhappy players, there's no point. But if we sell them it's disgusting and the club is a shambles.

Rule 2 is we want statements from the club as to what is going on. But when we get statements no one believes what is said and the board can't be trusted.

We need to say 'no' but when we say 'no' If the player creates in any way then we are run by a bunch of idiots who have only said no so they don't look bad when the player Is sold.

And the final rule is non of this would have happened of cortese was here, but if it did it's be great business and part of some incredible strategy.

looks and sounds about right. :lol:

Come on guys, wake up and tune into Reality FM.

Krueger is not mug. Hes a lying manipulative tw*t. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing with that statement, so when Morgan pulls a paddy, refuses to play in order to get his move, we blame him and not the board. The board still get what they want at the end of the day, and avoid the abuse.

Look how you all said "good riddance" to Lovren..

Are you all going to fall for the latest Ralphie bullsh*t ??

First class post.

But we know why. We've been told they were sold a dream of Champions League football and once Cortese and Pochettino left that dream was over. Couple that with a doubling or tripling of wages and that is a big reason. The board could not promise that, so they're having to sell unhappy players. All this non-communication is an excuse dreamt up by the players to try and push the responsibility back onto the board. The players and agents have been ruthless.

Oh trust me, I think NC is as much to blame as anyone - he fed them all lies as much as anyone else...HOWEVER...I cannot fail to see how this could have been handled by the board any worse than it has been. There seems to be a lack of understanding with regards to the situation and it simply spiralled out of control. We have no one of any experience to stop that, not even Koeman as the momentum is so strong.

Not even Krusty and his statements do anything, 1 sale too late for me.

Blimey there's no pleasing people is there! Board cave in and they get stick, board try and be strong and they get stick!

I feel rather sorry for Morgan and I think he'll probably regret that tweet tomorrow morning once some of his anger and frustration has subsided. Morgan, like Rickie doesn't owe us anything more, he's been outstanding for us and if a CL club came in for him with the right money he'd deserve his transfer.However if its Spurs they can f***off and he can stay. I'm amazed he'd want to go there, there is no chance they'll break into the top 4 and he should want to play CL football.

Morgan is our best player and I will be devastated when he goes but if its Arsenal I won't be angry, if its Spurs I'll be very angry!!

Of course in an ideal world he'll apologise in the morning and have a storming season with us.

Agree with everything said here. The only reason I believe he is now considering Tottenham is because Poch is in charge, and everyone got on with him.

Obviously huge issue is that Krueger has stepped out and said he's not moving. We are a laughing stock already but if he is sold, the boards position WILL become untenable. Especially if no one comes in before he leaves.

Should have spoke to him before giving those interviews

However I feel Morgan has given his all for us and for him to be treated this way is sickening. If he was, as rumoured, promised a transfer out and is refused of course he will be annoyed.

I think the board rules are that we can't keep unhappy players, there's no point. But if we sell them it's disgusting and the club is a shambles.

Rule 2 is we want statements from the club as to what is going on. But when we get statements no one believes what is said and the board can't be trusted.

We need to say 'no' but when we say 'no' If the player creates in any way then we are run by a bunch of idiots who have only said no so they don't look bad when the player Is sold.

And the final rule is non of this would have happened of cortese was here, but if it did it's be great business and part of some incredible strategy.

Ha ha, spot on, that's the forum.

Agree with everything said here. The only reason I believe he is now considering Tottenham is because Poch is in charge, and everyone got on with him.

Obviously huge issue is that Krueger has stepped out and said he's not moving. We are a laughing stock already but if he is sold, the boards position WILL become untenable. Especially if no one comes in before he leaves.

However I feel Morgan has given his all for us and for him to be treated this way is sickening. If he was, as rumoured, promised a transfer out and is refused of course he will be annoyed.

What is "sickening" about telling a player he won't be sold to another club and will have to honour his contract? It's obviously badly managed, but get a grip.

It can't possibly be Spurs. Our players are only leaving for CL teams or Man Utd.

saves us a bonus or two

It used to be that the player was entitled to a percentage (10%?) of his transfer fee if he hasn't asked for the transfer. If he hands in a formal request then he forgoes that. There are various lumps of money involved, golden goodbyes, golden hellos, payments to agents, former clubs... and so on. I'm not so sure about modern football.

So it might save Saints a couple of hundred £ks, but doesn't really change anything else.

They still don't have to sell him, the club aren't under any pressure to sell even if he submits a transfer request. The issue is that we then have a bad apple in the club, but if I was the club here I'd take the chance. I don't think they can even consider selling him now, as they will have then lost the plot and 99% of support.

Bed wetters stand at ease ..... just seen a tweet explaining the reason for Morgan's outburst about the 6 year journey being destroyed in an hour ..........

It seems whilst he was at a very fruitful and positive meeting with The Board at SMS, his missus had logged onto his FIFA14 account and played a few games on his behalf :lol:

There's a difference between 'promised' and 'led to believe' and 'misunderstanding'.

Morgan was told he was not being sold before he tweeted that, and this is exactly the outcome you get with most players who have been tapped up, offered huge pay rises etc and then told they are being held to the contract they WILLINGLY signed.

Not 100% happy with how things have been handled and we are currently in a sticky position, but this is simply the modern game with the bigger clubs snapping up talent and the players being complicit in playing their part in gaining moves by getting all stroppy.

Also I think I remember one person once might have mentioned Suarez at Liverpool and Everton holding on to their young players as examples that any club with an ounce of sense can fend off bids and interest from other clubs. I mean it's prety easy to do this and just goes to show how useless our board is.

Oh, and when we take an interest in a player at another club we should be strolling in and just taking them and getting it done. I mean it's pretty easy to do this and shows how useless our board is.

Around midday today Morgans agents were at St Mary's expecting to find out and discuss which bid had been accepted by the club for him. you can imagine his surprise at the statements made by our chairman a few hours later. He has been lied to by the club and promises that were made to him and have now been broken. IMO i still think he we go (has a club ever kept a player who didnt wish to stay?), and the worst possible thing Krueger could have said. Are we now gonna have a player go on strike? i personally think its best we let any who don't want to be here go. The club are scared after the fans reaction to the Chambers sale and are now trying to placate the fans by blocking Morgans promised transfer.

Thanks for the info. Appreciated."which bid" suggests more than one bid, which is interesting.

Feel a bit sorry for Morgan in a way (but only a little!). Of all the players he is probably the one who most deserves to get a transfer up the table, given both his long service to the club and his professionalism while some of his teammates were being anything but professional. He spoke to the board early on, agreed to meet with Koeman, and generally conducted himself well throughout all of this (as fas as we know anyway). But he's been left behind, assuming the board mean what they say about him not being sold. The ones who threw their toys out of the pram (i.e. Lallana and Lovren) or turned their back on the club that developed them (i.e. Shaw and Chambers) got their big money moves. What message does that send out? Morgan now knows that he needs to act like a petulant kid to get what he wants, and that's probably what this Tweet is about. He might have gotten some advice from his agent to do this and force his move. BUT, if he believes he is CL quality, he should expect to be sold for a CL-quality price, not the reported £13m that Spurs are supposed to have bid. He can't reasonably expect the club to sell a CL-quality asset for such a small amount.

Sound logic.

Some of you are throwing very potent arrows at Ralph Kreuger. Do you think for one single moment he gave that interview of his own volition without the agreement of the owner,manager and other Board Members?if you do then you've never worked in a PLC. We may have reservations about the timing but as far as I'm concerned it's perfect. Schneiderlin is an EMPLOYEE of Southampton FC and he willingly signed a contract of services.That contract is extant and until such a time it is dissolved he continues to receive a salary. We'll done the Board.

What is a 'CL-quality price'? SSN were reporting a combined fee of £35m for Morgan and JRod. Considering that includes the unknown performance that JRod will return to I would say that is a fair price. Toni Kroos, arguably one of the best midfielders around, and a World Cup winner, has just moved to Real for c£20m.

Considering the amounts all our other players have moved for, I think £20m for the man at the heart of our midfield is the minimum we should demand. Most tackles and most interceptions, as well as one of the highest pass completion rates, in the whole league. Morgan would walk into any side.

The board are getting more stick than before Ralph's statement. Of course it might be lies but until Schneiderlin leaves then I'll believe him. Several posters are saying the exodus should have stopped at Lovren. Has it not occurred to anyone that the board might have been rather willing to sell an as yet unproven player in Chambers for the fee he went for? The deal went through a lot quicker than the others. Even Wenger admitted it was a gamble, I get the impression Les and co. happily accepted that one. I believe Schneiderlin is worth more than all the others who have gone, so there is no point entertaining anything below £27 million. Maybe Morgan should blame Liverpool and United for not getting his move as they're the ones who have paid up the silly amounts for Lallana, Shaw, Lovren etc

Around midday today Morgans agents were at St Mary's expecting to find out and discuss which bid had been accepted by the club for him. you can imagine his surprise at the statements made by our chairman a few hours later. He has been lied to by the club and promises that were made to him and have now been broken. IMO i still think he we go (has a club ever kept a player who didnt wish to stay?), and the worst possible thing Krueger could have said. Are we now gonna have a player go on strike? i personally think its best we let any who don't want to be here go. The club are scared after the fans reaction to the Chambers sale and are now trying to placate the fans by blocking Morgans promised transfer.

what did they expect the reaction was going to be to chambers sale? I want to support the board but they come across so incompetent at times. and to release such a strong statement of not selling jay and morgs when one has rejected a new contract while the other is adamant to move... this statement should have been issued earlier in the window, not after half the team has been sold! now you get those who didn't make the jump displaying their discontent, and even if we keep them this window it's a matter of formality that they'll be gone in jan. how good of a core is that! this window was salvageable right until the point when chambers was sold...

However I feel Morgan has given his all for us and for him to be treated this way is sickening

Get a grip. Kids being bombed while sheltering in a school in Gaza is sickenng. He's a highly paid footballer who, having signed a fat, juicy contract, should get on and do what his employers tell him.

They still don't have to sell him, the club aren't under any pressure to sell even if he submits a transfer request. The issue is that we then have a bad apple in the club, but if I was the club here I'd take the chance. I don't think they can even consider selling him now, as they will have then lost the plot and 99% of support.

This!

And perhaps realising this, Morgen will knuckle down for one more season, give his excellent best and get his move next summer, at a price and timing more suitable for us.

The board are getting more stick than before Ralph's statement. Of course it might be lies but until Schneiderlin leaves then I'll believe him. Several posters are saying the exodus should have stopped at Lovren. Has it not occurred to anyone that the board might have been rather willing to sell an as yet unproven player in Chambers for the fee he went for? The deal went through a lot quicker than the others. Even Wenger admitted it was a gamble, I get the impression Les and co. happily accepted that one. I believe Schneiderlin is worth more than all the others who have gone, so there is no point entertaining anything below £27 million. Maybe Morgan should blame Liverpool and United for not getting his move as they're the ones who have paid up the silly amounts for Lallana, Shaw, Lovren etc

Think they are getting less stick overall. I certainly have been mollified by the show of strength. As with you i'll keep my outrage powder dry in case they break their word and sell Morgan but i'm not going to abuse them on this premise beforehand. Think Chambers one is the catalyst for this stand, which makes selling a future star cheap and early slightly less galling if they actually hold their ground.

Get a grip. Kids being bombed while sheltering in a school in Gaza is sickenng. He's a highly paid footballer who, having signed a fat, juicy contract, should get on and do what his employers tell him.

Absolutely right...nothing to see here, just a spoilt brat whose chance of a nice big paycheck has been delayed for a season.

Considering the amounts all our other players have moved for, I think £20m for the man at the heart of our midfield is the minimum we should demand. Most tackles and most interceptions, as well as one of the highest pass completion rates, in the whole league. Morgan would walk into any side.

Morgans pass completion rate was not that great actuall, however he is an excellent player and should be £25m plus. He also wouldn't get into Arsenal, Chelsea or City's first team.

Oh trust me, I think NC is as much to blame as anyone - he fed them all lies as much as anyone else...HOWEVER...I cannot fail to see how this could have been handled by the board any worse than it has been. There seems to be a lack of understanding with regards to the situation and it simply spiralled out of control. We have no one of any experience to stop that, not even Koeman as the momentum is so strong.

Not even Krusty and his statements do anything, 1 sale too late for me.

This is the thing that really gets me going. I've no reason to doubt K Billy's Supersound's post that the current stance towards Morgan and J-Rod has been prompted by the fans dismay at the selling of Chambers. Considering this, it begs the question what did the board think we were going to make of it? Crack open bottles of champagne and dance merrily down the street? To then think that Morgan and J-Rod could then be sold just days after that and we still wouldn't mind is beyond belief. To be honest we'd be better off with the Marx brothers in charge. Never was the phrase 'Couldn't organise a ****-up in brewery' more apt than when being used to describe our board.

Jamie, Ralph said every penny will be reinvested, he's has the green light to do so. He said if you want fairy tales then you're at the wrong club.

I suggest that the fairy tales started when him and Reed did their early interviews for the media, some lapped it up others pointed out it was the Wilde bunch markII

Too true it is only football ,spoilt immature young men and a whole group of people who live in a bubble .

yep, pull your socks up Morgan and get on with it. It's business and slinging the sentimental line when your trying to leave has been done to death. Fans need to start treating players like players treat their clubs. Unemotionally and something to use until it is no longer for for purpose, cut all the flowery emotional bull****.

Also I think I remember one person once might have mentioned Suarez at Liverpool and Everton holding on to their young players as examples that any club with an ounce of sense can fend off bids and interest from other clubs. I mean it's prety easy to do this and just goes to show how useless our board is.

Oh, and when we take an interest in a player at another club we should be strolling in and just taking them and getting it done. I mean it's pretty easy to do this and shows how useless our board is.

Well Barkley has just said hes staying at Everton and signed a four year contract, when are their CL games?

yep, pull your socks up Morgan and get on with it. It's business and slinging the sentimental line when your trying to leave has been done to death. Fans need to start treating players like players treat their clubs. Unemotionally and something to use until it is no longer for for purpose, cut all the flowery emotional bull****.

If you are told you can leave the club and see all your buddies get their move as well, and then turn up to a meeting to discuss what teams you can talk to only to find that the idiots running the club discovered that fans aren't happy with all the best players being sold and so turn around and say you can't leave, how are you supposed to react? Just accept it? I'm surprised he's been this restrained. I don't blame him, I blame the absolute clowns running this football club right now.

Of course a club doesn't have to sell a contracted player just because the player wants to leave. If that was the case, transfer fees would be much lower as the selling club would have no negotiating position. But Kruguer and Reed decided to sell anyone who asked to go as long as they could get an acceptable fee. Saying No now, after having said, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, is simply unsustainable. The assumption many who heard Kruguer on Sky must have made, was that the club had held discussions with Morgan and Jay to have their agreement to what would be said about them, but once again Kruguer shows utter incompetence.

As Fitzhugh Fella said, the time to take a stand was when this started. That stand should have been accompanied by signing players, which fans were told they would. That would have shown everyone, including the squad, that the club were serious about going forward. All Kruguer is trying to do so now is to bolt the door after most of the horses have gone and its too late. The only sensible way forward now is to let any players go who want to go provided proper prices are still attainable, and every penny should be spent very quickly on assembling a new team. If Kruguer and Reed have a shred of decency, they will resign immediately after the transfer window closes.

How do we intend to get to Europe the hard way, if they've been given the green light to reinvest £91m by the way? That would suggest we're going to buy our way into Europe, which would be the easy way.

Excuse me whilst I invalidate his waffle.

Well Barkley has just said hes staying at Everton and signed a four year contract, when are their CL games?

Funny that, didn't Morgan sign a similar contract quite recently?

How much do you want to bet that Barkley stays at Everton for the whole of that contract?

Will be interesting to see if he is still there this time next year ;-)
yep, but we were told the players are off at a drop of a hat and the clubs can do nothing.

If the club had said no when Lovren played up we would all be able to focus on football. We have some crucial games early in the season that may be important come the end. Not good preparation

Koeman needs to get Morgan in, sit him down, tell him how it is and get on with life

He has done that, twice. He has even been offered the captaincy. But the club misjudged the situation for what is the 100000th time this summer, and instigated transfer talks anyway. And then pulled it.