For 00's Indie Fans

KelvinsRightGlove

A friend stuck this up on Facebook. Brought back some fun memories as a teenager.

http://www.nme.com/photos/46-quality-indie-bands-of-the-2000s-you-completely-forgot-about/345815/1/1?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=00sbands#1

Personal faves out of this lot were The Rakes, Pull Tiger Tail, Little Man Tate & Larrikin Love.

Very nostalgic but not sure how quality all of those bands were. Typical of the 'indie landfill' that NME would trumpet and then knock them back down again 12 months later. That said, I still absolutely love the Clor album, shame those guys split up. Enjoyed 'Hang them all' by Tapes n' Tapes and 'Adventurers' by Be Your Own Pet as well. Expected both bands to do a lot more than they ever did. My ex-girlfriend once went on a date with that Miles guy from the Little Flames/Last Shadow Puppets. A nice guy by all accounts, but never really dug their sound. The Stills had about 4 decent songs on Logic will break your heart. Bandages by Hot Hot Heat always a staple at indie clubs when I was a UG in Liverpool as well.