JWP and articles in the daily rags

washsaint

What a truly impressive young man JWP comes across as in a number of articles in Saturday's press. He seems very level headed and he is very bullish about our prospects this season and the fact he wants to stay with Saints.

Future captain material for sure - hopefully he will get a new long term deal that he deserves.

Class act - more so than some of our recently departed mercenaries.

Really looking forward to seeing him play a big, big role this season.

He is a class act - that is obvious from the way he speaks. Intelligent, articulate and thoughtful.

Whether he stays here for years or not, he comes across as a decent, level headed lad. Lallana did not, nor did Shaw (both came across as quite dim).

He is a class act - that is obvious from the way he speaks. Intelligent, articulate and thoughtful.

Whether he stays here for years or not, he comes across as a decent, level headed lad. Lallana did not, nor did Shaw (both came across as quite dim).

Schneiderlin always seemed intelligent and articulate for a Frenchman to me. Going by his twitter outburst, the reality seems rather different.

Schneiderlin always seemed intelligent and articulate for a Frenchman to me. Going by his twitter outburst, the reality seems rather different.

"for a Frenchman"? What an idiot. In all of your 6 million posts you've always come across as an unintelligent, inarticulate, dim witted f*ckstorm.

And that's the issue for me. Lallana and Lovren behave in an unprofessional manner and the end result is they get what they want.

Morgan, the guy who has (to that Twitter post) acted in the most decent and honourable manner and does not get the move.

What does that tell any future players wanting a move?

"for a Frenchman"? What an idiot. In all of your 6 million posts you've always come across as an unintelligent, inarticulate, dim witted f*ckstorm.

Perhaps he means that Schneiderlin simply does a good job of expressing himself well in his second language? I can sound vaguely intelligent in Chinese, but that's intelligent 'for an Englishman'.

And that's the issue for me. Lallana and Lovren behave in an unprofessional manner and the end result is they get what they want.

Morgan, the guy who has (to that Twitter post) acted in the most decent and honourable manner and does not get the move.

Really?? What about all the "board know my intentions"? That to me is NOT how you do things and comes across as incredibly arrogant. Not surprised as most contracted players seem to have forgotten their place and behave as they want and expecting to get what they want. Life, and I know football is its own microcosm or so they think, doesn't work like that.

I think that's exactly what it's like these days unfortunately. I respect that you operate in a more honourable manner. If I want more money at my job, I walk in and tell the boss why I'm worthy of it. if it's declined I make the call to leave or not. I'm not sure how many people would honour the contract they signed when they started working if they were offered what they considered a better one

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sure we would, but we would be bound by our contracts unless a mutual decision can be reached. Same here. The ultimate power is in the contract.

Yep and in just about every other contract you can either a)resign with a period of notice b)breach the contract and accept the consequences (includes under performance or going on strike) c) negotiate termination of contract

Effectively a) is not available, the threat of under performance or going on strike forces the club into c).

It's just not a great system!

Really?? What about all the "board know my intentions"? That to me is NOT how you do things and comes across as incredibly arrogant. Not surprised as most contracted players seem to have forgotten their place and behave as they want and expecting to get what they want. Life, and I know football is its own microcosm or so they think, doesn't work like that.

I think that quote from MS was acceptable, it wasn't the old line 'I want to play CL football, hopefully it is with Southampton'. It demonstrated a desire to keep dealings behind closed doors which is the right way to act. So when asked by the press it was the acceptable answer. Footballers know when they sign a new contract it's as much about the club retaining value in the asset, with the understanding that when the time is right for the player to move they will talk about it sensibly.

We didnt mind Walcott and Shaw signing new deals whilst they knew they wanted to go, because it maximised their worth. We have got to accept that there is no loyalty in football either way and just get on with it. Fans cast aside player at the drop of a hat, clubs sell players they no longer want and players want to go when they want. If it happens before a contract is up the injured party gets compensation.

Yep and in just about every other contract you can either a)resign with a period of notice b)breach the contract and accept the consequences (includes under performance or going on strike) c) negotiate termination of contract

Effectively a) is not available, the threat of under performance or going on strike forces the club into c).

It's just not a great system!

true but I my boss didn't pay 100s of thousands (or even millions) of pounds to buy me. Imagine football were players could just resign when ever they wanted? :?

Sure we would, but we would be bound by our contracts unless a mutual decision can be reached. Same here. The ultimate power is in the contract.

It's not quite as simple as that when a player has a monetary value to the club (which doesn't apply in normal jobs) though !

The club always has to evaluate the best approach to maintaining the selling price or risk losing a fortune !

JWP is a class act seen him a number of times at away games top class with the kids and autograpgh hunters I have met him a few times and he really is a very nice lad

He works so hard on his game and there is no doubt he will be an outstanding player I hope he stays with us for the long term he is captain material

We have players of several nationalities with us. I think that should any of them express an opinion to the media, it would be instructive to have some prior notice from Hypo as to whether he thinks that they measure up to the stereotypical notion that he has as to whether their thoughts are quite intelligent when measured against their fellow nationals.

Where do we English stand when our intelligence is measured against the Japanese for example? The Italians? Polish?

What is ironic though, is that Hypo believes himself to be qualified to make a judgement on other peoples' intelligence.

Back onto the original post.

After all that has gone on this post-season I really cannot believe it takes a few flowery words and a positive spin and everyone thinks our remaining players are great.

It is clear that they just say what they think people want to here and when the chances comes any player will say and think the opposite if it means he can be a sub on £100k a week and in a group game versus the Estonia League runners-up on a Wednesday night.

I don't mean to come across all 'Alpine-like' (as I hate his miserable rhetoric) but really it's like having your hand bitten off by a dog and then going back the next day to pat him on th head because you've go another and he 'probably won't do that again'.

What a truly impressive young man JWP comes across as in a number of articles in Saturday's press. He seems very level headed and he is very bullish about our prospects this season and the fact he wants to stay with Saints.

Future captain material for sure

Yes I fully agree - and he takes a mean free kick and good corners and has a lot of potential for further development. He is also highly articulate. Thank goodness he is staying with us.

Back onto the original post.

After all that has gone on this post-season I really cannot believe it takes a few flowery words and a positive spin and everyone thinks our remaining players are great.

It is clear that they just say what they think people want to here and when the chances comes any player will say and think the opposite if it means he can be a sub on £100k a week and in a group game versus the Estonia League runners-up on a Wednesday night.

I don't mean to come across all 'Alpine-like' (as I hate his miserable rhetoric) but really it's like having your hand bitten off by a dog and then going back the next day to pat him on th head because you've go another and he 'probably won't do that again'.

Yeah this basically. I think the actions of a few players this summer has disillusioned a number of fans and that is a big shame. Let's hope that JWP can stay with us for a while and maybe gain some of that trust back.

Yeah this basically. I think the actions of a few players this summer has disillusioned a number of fans and that is a big shame. Let's hope that JWP can stay with us for a while and maybe gain some of that trust back.

Hell's teeth, I'm in complete agreement with hypo...

have not seen the pre-season friendlies but JWP did nothing to suggest he was worth a starting place last season.

So, what has changed to suddenly make him become a class act... or is it just that he speaks nicely.

I have only been to the Brighton game, but his short passing was good, his long passing and cross field balls were excellent, his set pieces were dangerous, he scored a superb goal showing great technique and he plays with his head up. That is good enough for me to mark him as a class act at his age in his position. I will stick my neck out and say he is better than Wiltshire was at the same age.

He's obviously going to be class, I think this season will be massive for him. I would put money on him being a full international by this time next year.

It's hard to get excited though, we all know what will happen if he does come good. It all seems rather pointless at the moment, maybe we should be hoping he becomes very average.

But they all act in a decent and honourable manner until they want to engineer a move. Lovren and Lallana were both respected before they showed their true colours, - same applies to Schneiderlin. Just a bunch of arrogant, spoilt c*nts.

But they all act in a decent and honourable manner until they want to engineer a move. Lovren and Lallana were both respected before they showed their true colours, - same applies to Schneiderlin. Just a bunch of arrogant, spoilt c*nts.

Welcome to modern football. It stopped being a sport many years ago.