Football Manager 2015

Matthew Le God

I would love it, if you had the option when starting a game to prevent adding other managers. Unfortunately nearly every time I play, my lack of social grace kicks in and I end up adding fake managers to other teams so I can buy the deadwood from my squad for vastly inflated prices, and quite often before a must win match I take over the opposing team and **** about with their formation, and select an all youth team to play me... An anti cheat option would be a fantastic option :)

I want mental owners to make a come back. The introduced it a few years ago where the owner might say you should buy 1 of a few players (usually overrated) or even spunk all of your budget on some Ramirez or Osvaldo. As this is the most realistic football management game in the world ™ you shouldn't expect to take over as manager of Leeds and just get away with it.

I want mental owners to make a come back. The introduced it a few years ago where the owner might say you should buy 1 of a few players (usually overrated) or even spunk all of your budget on some Ramirez or Osvaldo. As this is the most realistic football management game in the world ™ you shouldn't expect to take over as manager of Leeds and just get away with it.

I just got Leyton Orient promoted in season 1. 2 games left and promotion secured ( :smug: ) a crazy takes over, tells me they are looking for a new manager, cut my very successful affiliation and is now making the club pay back money used to buy the bloody club.

Not happy.

Where from MLG - Steam? What do you recommend for this year's edition?

I haven't needed to buy the game since 2006, so its not something I have looked at for a long time. Looks like some sites are selling it for close(ish) to £20 (good value for money when you divide it by the number of hours many put into it), but not all sites offer the beta access to pre-orders so you'll have to shop around if you want that.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I haven't needed to buy the game since 2006, so its not something I have looked at for a long time. Looks like some sites are selling it for close(ish) to £20 (good value for money when you divide it by the number of hours many put into it), but not all sites offer the beta access to pre-orders so you'll have to shop around if you want that.

You are useless at this MLG.

Won't tell us what the game contains. Where we can buy it. Is there any point to you at all?

I think he should buy the first 5 people to show an interest a free copy KRG or at least give us his sagabumboy code so we can have a go on the demo. Come on MLG, help a brother out.

I'm just going to get a hacked version to p*ss him off.

I do think they should do some sort of loyalty thing though. For every 'x' versions you buy you get copy 'y' free.

It is a bit of a job isn't it. The problem is, I got hooked on the cheap versions when MLG was selling champ manager Italia for £3 at the school gates and now there is no way out. I'm going to spend hours answering questions to fake Simon Peach in a fake press conference and there is no way out of it. Even though this Monkey Island version looks lame, I'll still be buying it. My name is Tokyo-Saint and I have a problem. #preyfortokes

It is a bit of a job isn't it. The problem is, I got hooked on the cheap versions when MLG was selling champ manager Italia for £3 at the school gates and now there is no way out. I'm going to spend hours answering questions to fake Simon Peach in a fake press conference and there is no way out of it. Even though this Monkey Island version looks lame, I'll still be buying it. My name is Tokyo-Saint and I have a problem. #preyfortokes

See you in FM Rehab tokes.

Pfft playing Football Manager is like a full-time job, MLG. If anything, you should be paying us.

See you in FM Rehab tokes.

Forget rehab, take it on a stand up tour...

Edited by Matthew Le God

Its always going to look largely similar from version to version as it is basically a football stadium, football pitch and some players at a distance.

Its not going to compete each year with FIFA's graphics as SI/SEGA don't have the manpower or budget that EA Sports have. It does more accurately recreate what happens in an actual match better than FIFA, even though it doesn't look as pretty in 3D.

What were you expecting to see out of a Football Manager's bedroom window? The pitch is over there between the land and the sky.

Have you played the beta yet Mr Tokyo-Saint?

Edited by Matthew Le God

• 2 weeks later...

So far it is a 5 out of 10 MLG.

The good

Interface is pretty user friendly.

Saints are the best they have ever been by the looks of things.

The detail of the pitch seems a lot better. You can really tell when the pitch is decent or a non league ground in January.

Some of the player animation is nice, players jumping to avoid two footed tackles etc.

Tactics seem to be the best ever. Have finally properly moved away from the old slider system and have gone to instructions. I know the last one didn't have sliders but it was really a work in progress. More instructions now but easier to use them. Doesn't seem a pain to set up opposition instructions and they seem to work.

You get different knowledge of players in other countries depending on the staff you hire and where they are from or have worked.

The bad

The keeper animation is terrible. Why so many standing one handed saves? You hardly ever see this in football yet the keepers always seem to do it.

Searching for players seems less user friendly than before.

The stadiums, comes up every year but why can't they get the licences for the stadiums?

Can find the bit where you set up who does what at the club - e.g. get assistant to speak to all the fake Simon Peaches. This might be my fault but on the other hand, it should be obvious.

The Ugly

Jay Rodriguez has right winger as his preferred position. It has been a while since he played but I only really remember him playing as an inside forward on the left or as a striker. Any time on the right was just if he swapped position for a bit. He is not a right winger ala Aaron Ramsey and I doubt he would say it was his favored position.

The graphics on the crowd! So bad it is funny. I haven't seen a crowd going so mental do the same 3 arm movements since Pit Fighter on the megadrive. They should really be embarrassed about this.

Overall not but but pretty much more of the same. The changes are small and a mixed bag really, not worth £30 if you are short of money and shop at Iceland like bear and Peter Andre. Fine for me and I am happy to buy it to review for the team.

So far it is a 5 out of 10 MLG.

The good

Interface is pretty user friendly.

Saints are the best they have ever been by the looks of things.

The detail of the pitch seems a lot better. You can really tell when the pitch is decent or a non league ground in January.

Some of the player animation is nice, players jumping to avoid two footed tackles etc.

Tactics seem to be the best ever. Have finally properly moved away from the old slider system and have gone to instructions. I know the last one didn't have sliders but it was really a work in progress. More instructions now but easier to use them. Doesn't seem a pain to set up opposition instructions and they seem to work.

You get different knowledge of players in other countries depending on the staff you hire and where they are from or have worked.

The bad

The keeper animation is terrible. Why so many standing one handed saves? You hardly ever see this in football yet the keepers always seem to do it.

Searching for players seems less user friendly than before.

The stadiums, comes up every year but why can't they get the licences for the stadiums?

Can find the bit where you set up who does what at the club - e.g. get assistant to speak to all the fake Simon Peaches. This might be my fault but on the other hand, it should be obvious.

The Ugly

Jay Rodriguez has right winger as his preferred position. It has been a while since he played but I only really remember him playing as an inside forward on the left or as a striker. Any time on the right was just if he swapped position for a bit. He is not a right winger ala Aaron Ramsey and I doubt he would say it was his favored position.

The graphics on the crowd! So bad it is funny. I haven't seen a crowd going so mental do the same 3 arm movements since Pit Fighter on the megadrive. They should really be embarrassed about this.

Overall not but but pretty much more of the same. The changes are small and a mixed bag really, not worth £30 if you are short of money and shop at Iceland like bear and Peter Andre. Fine for me and I am happy to buy it to review for the team.

Not a fan of it at all.

Disagree on the interface, things are hidden away and most things are much harder to find than usual. Took me ages just to work out how to do player searches.

Got a nightmare start (Had 3 of the "Top 4" away in my first 5 games) + tonnes of injuries. Was bottom with 0 wins after 9 games. Slowly turning it around, Pelle & Long are useless. Tadic is a monster.

Yeah agree the interface is a bit hit and miss. It is easier to do stuff like training as you don't have to go through squad and then training (as one example), boardroom is also just one click away instead of a menu scroll, however like you say, some things are hidden. Out of interest, do they still have that area where you allocate who does what? I still haven't found it.

I think the player abilities depend more on how you are playing. I play more direct on the counter away from home and Long is decent.

Yeah agree the interface is a bit hit and miss. It is easier to do stuff like training as you don't have to go through squad and then training (as one example), boardroom is also just one click away instead of a menu scroll, however like you say, some things are hidden. Out of interest, do they still have that area where you allocate who does what? I still haven't found it.

I think the player abilities depend more on how you are playing. I play more direct on the counter away from home and Long is decent.

I had a bit more success going direct on the counter. Now Kat's got the hump with me for not playing possession football (again). Seriously, that chick has got it in for me.

Not sure on staff responsibilities. Where's MLG when you need him?

Busy tweeting about songs for Toby. That said, I did just get a reply from him. #winning

He's a CM?

Yeah, but he's much better as a CAM, I've got him playing Shadow Striker role in my second season and he's scoring for fun. (Side note, in my first season Saints came 3rd with Shane Long being Golden Boot with 26 from Right Wing and Pelle scoring 25. Getting dominated in my CL group though...)

Edited by JxgrSaint
Typo

What tactic/style do you play JLSSaint?

4-2-3-1. Control and Fluid. Drill Crosses, More Expressive, play out from the back, look for overlap (with inverted full backs and Mané and Long on the wings), higher tempo, shorter passing, exploit the flanks, pass into space.

That's off the top of my head though as I'm at work and can't remember exactly. I'll check tonight