Florin Gardos - DONE DEAL

Saint-Armstrong

Doing some research for a traditional 'Lowdown' piece on Gardos.

Remember Raducanu? He scored Steaua's goal at St. Mary's in the UEFA cup in 2003, and then the winner in the away leg. Anyway...

...he now plays for FC Romania in the Essex Senior Premier League. Irrelevant but interesting.

[video=youtube;oKZY4RL-rV4]

I thought he was injured at the moment?

If he is able to play vs Liverpool, great. Even if he only meets his new team mates a couple of days before, surely still an upgrade on Yoshida.

:lol: The forum is famous and some of you even get quoted, go you lucky buggers you. :lol:

Does this make me ITK in Bucharest now ??

Genuinely looking forward to an announcement today saying we have signed him - I think he could be a decent acquisition for us.

Sky Sports saying he is undergoing a medical.....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9417614/transfer-news-southampton-medical-for-florin-gardos-of-steaua-bucharest

Looking pretty promising to me! That was from last night so hopefully have this wrapped up today.

In theory that puts us at least as strong as last season on paper. If you take into account and new GK and Midfielder.

Another striker and winger and I think we could be looking good!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9417614/transfer-news-southampton-medical-for-florin-gardos-of-steaua-bucharest

Looking pretty promising to me! That was from last night so hopefully have this wrapped up today.

In theory that puts us at least as strong as last season on paper. If you take into account and new GK and Midfielder.

Another striker and winger and I think we could be looking good!

Before posting please read the previous posts and more importantly check when the article appeared on SkySports. This appeared yesterday morning and was updated at 5.53 pm 11th August

Today is the 12th August. BOOM BOOM

Before posting please read the previous posts and more importantly check when the article appeared on SkySports. This appeared yesterday morning and was updated at 5.53 pm 11th August

So it was from last night then? Pretty sure that's what I said in my post? Also I couldn't see it posted previously

Sky Sports saying he is undergoing a medical.....

Yes, it's the longest medical in the history of medicals. Do you think they start at the head and work their way down?, I'm worried they're about to find an ingrowing toe-nail!

Edited by iansums
Sh*t spelling

His 4th or 5th?

My bad for not doing in depth research on the previous 8 pages of this thread....maybe this is why my post count is so low....castigation for a simple mistake puts the average poster off....

Good news though...

My bad for not doing in depth research on the previous 8 pages of this thread....maybe this is why my post count is so low....castigation for a simple mistake puts the average poster off....

Good news though...

FWIW I wasn't castigating you for posting. I was commenting on the overall fact that every media outlet seems to be reporting a medical at different times for over a week.

We've got a Romanian Steaua Bucharest fan in my office. Just asked him what he thinks of Gardos.

He reckons he's sh*te. too slow, crap in the air despite his size, makes too many mistakes.

In fairness he's the first person to have said that.

We've got a Romanian Steaua Bucharest fan in my office. Just asked him what he thinks of Gardos.

He reckons he's sh*te. too slow, crap in the air despite his size, makes too many mistakes.

The Lyon fans loved Lovren too.

I'll wait until i've seen him play before passing opinion.

Are the windows locked in your office? Everything has blunted edges? Does the water taste "different"?

With over 25,000 posts on the now famous in Romania Saints Web, your work colleague might think you have an influence within Southampton FC, and hopes that by maligning him you might be able prevent the departure of his favouritest Steua player!! ;)

Here's some more info but looking very good!

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/scott.saunders.2/1170115/southampton-set-to-sign-florin-gardos-as-dejan-lovren-replacement

Interesting that we have now switched attention away from Rojo as well!

I remember Lulic from the World Cup.

A Bosnian starter and all energy left sided player (in an advanced type role) who got himself into a few goal scoring positions without converting, but I see his record for Lazio is not too shabby on the goal scoring front.

Interesting...

:lol: Almost as long as this new bloke has taken to do his f*cking medical!

Since yesterday it's been reported that Florin has passed his medical. What will be taking the time will be the translation of his contract and other documents into Romanian. Finding a decent translator to start with will be hard enough.

Since yesterday it's been reported that Florin has passed his medical. What will be taking the time will be the translation of his contract and other documents into Romanian. Finding a decent translator to start with will be hard enough.

Not heard much about this guy, and neither had the Romanian hooker I saw at the weekend. I reserved judgement on her until I'd tried her out, so will extent the same courtesy to this guy - in an observational sense of course.

Was this gal any good at translating?

And I thought that the country was awash with Romanians. Surely there are some who speak good English?

It was 'reported' on here that his medical took place last week.

It has yet to be proved that it was Florin who took a medical last week. It seems people were putting 2 and 2 together to make 5, that it was another player.

Are we to believe the stories of him being injured and needed another medical or do we believe the Romanian media that he was coming to England on Monday..