Lawro watch 2014/15 season

vince

This guy's a better person than me. My response would have been: a lot of my friends are QPR fans so I'd like to see them get thrashed so I can mock them for the next week.

Even so, why not predict QPR to win 2-1. His friends would be just as happy and he would be more likely to get the score right.

• 2 weeks later...

Saints v Liverhampton:

I am looking forward to this one, which should be a cracking game between two good sides.

Since Liverpool's 3-0 defeat by Manchester United in December, in a game where they had enough chances to win comfortably themselves, things have really come together for them and their attack has enough pace to cause anyone problems.

This is a real test for them, though, because I think Saints boss Ronald Koeman can use this game as a way of getting his side's focus back.

They have been a little inconsistent recently. Part of that has been down to the goals drying up for Graziano Pelle, but they remain a very dangerous side.

I fancy Saints to edge it, which would be a big boost to their hopes of making the top four and a big blow to Liverpool.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Saints v Liverhampton:

I am looking forward to this one, which should be a cracking game between two good sides.

Since Liverpool's 3-0 defeat by Manchester United in December, in a game where they had enough chances to win comfortably themselves, things have really come together for them and their attack has enough pace to cause anyone problems.

This is a real test for them, though, because I think Saints boss Ronald Koeman can use this game as a way of getting his side's focus back.

They have been a little inconsistent recently. Part of that has been down to the goals drying up for Graziano Pelle, but they remain a very dangerous side.

I fancy Saints to edge it, which would be a big boost to their hopes of making the top four and a big blow to Liverpool.

Sorry, I feinted after reading that Lawro predicted us to win a game! As he is always wrong, his tip for us to win is bad news to me.

Saints v Liverhampton:

FFS

• 3 weeks later...
I think he cares just about his league table at the bottom of his predictions and so needs to correct. All these win predictions are now making it look more accurate.

Doing it that way would make his running point total less accurate though so maybe not.

• 2 weeks later...
How can a game be drawn by a single goal?

Well, I could have meant a 1-1 draw, but clearly the "by a single goal" element of the sentence modified only the word "won".

Oh wait. This was a joking rhetorical question. Never mind.

Well, I could have meant a 1-1 draw, but clearly the "by a single goal" element of the sentence modified only the word "won".

Oh wait. This was a joking rhetorical question. Never mind.

I wasn't joking or being rhetorical; I was pointing out an error - which you have identified yourself in the part of your response that I have highlighted.

Precision in language is important!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32276357

Stoke v Southampton

Southampton are ticking along quite nicely, just one point behind Liverpool.

They will go above them with a draw or a win because the Reds have got their FA Cup semi-final this weekend.

Koeman's Southampton side are sixth, five points behind Manchester City

I've heard a lot about how Liverpool are the team hoping to nick fourth place if Manchester City's slump continues but Southampton should not be discounted in that race.

If Saints can find the sort of form to finish the season they showed at the start of it, then they have got a chance - and it is a massive carrot for them.

A win at the Britannia Stadium is never easy but Stoke have a few injury problems to deal with - Victor Moses is their latest player to be sidelined - and I am backing Southampton.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

:scared:

It's Swansea he seems to have beef with this season, he's only predicted them 23pts which would put them bottom. He is v.angar with swansea for some reason. It's like when we appointed Ponch and he predicted us 14 straight defeats. He can be v.mean if you upset him :thumbdown:

Stoke v Southampton

They will go above them with a draw or a win because the Reds have got their FA Cup semi-final this weekend.

I've heard a lot about how Liverpool are the team hoping to nick fourth place if Manchester City's slump continues but Southampton should not be discounted in that race.

If Saints can find the sort of form to finish the season they showed at the start of it, then they have got a chance - and it is a massive carrot for them.

A win at the Britannia Stadium is never easy but Stoke have a few injury problems to deal with - Victor Moses is their latest player to be sidelined - and I am backing Southampton.

Well that's that then.

Stoke v Southampton

You should thank me. If it were not for me you would have made the exact same prediction.

You should thank me. If it were not for me you would have made the exact same prediction.
I think Lawro is stalking me for correct scores. I predicted 2-0 for the Burnley and Hull matches, and the old bastard copied me in both cases then also. If he keeps this up I may have to contact a lawyer. Edited by Dark Munster

Tottenham had a good win at Newcastle on Sunday but the Magpies are everyone's favourite team to play at the moment so you cannot read too much into that.Southampton lost to Stoke last time out and it seems chances and goals are still hard to come by for them.

But Mauricio Pochettino is back at St Mary's for the first time since leaving Saints for Spurs last summer.

His new team are a point and a place above his old one and I think the return of their former manager will get the crowd going.

There should be a great atmosphere, and I fancy a home win.

Time to stick a monkey on a Spurs win then.... :)

1-1

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32523309

[insert Lawro abuse here]

He's been tipping us to win for the last three or four weeks so it's time for him to stop.

On a serious note I'll be raging even if we draw this one. I'm sure a few will react with the usual 'what a season we are having, points record' etc, but the fact is Sunderland are an awful side.

• 3 weeks later...