Forster

niemi14

So how did Fraser get on in his first game? Only seen the highlights and he didn't seem to have much to do.

Couldn't do anything about either goal I would say. Boruc possibly would have closed Stirling and spread his body quicker for their first goal, this being one of his key strengths as a goalkeeper

What are other people's thoughts?

This is in no way a negative thread about Forster who I am keen to see do well, however I am a huge Boruc fan who I think will leave to get first team football.

So how did Fraser get on in his first game? Only seen the highlights and he didn't seem to have much to do.

Couldn't do anything about either goal I would say. Boruc possibly would have closed Stirling and spread his body quicker for their first goal, this being one of his key strengths as a goalkeeper

What are other people's thoughts?

This is in no way a negative thread about Forster who I am keen to see do well, however I am a huge Boruc fan who I think will leave to get first team football.

Made a great stop from the shot that veered like anything just before half time, bit disappointed he didn't get near Sterling's goal but it was a good finish, wasn't going to get close to the winner no matter what he did. Absolutely no problems with his "moving ball" or dead ball kicking or decision-making on either foot whatsoever, good judgement on the shot which went narrowly wide where he pulled his hands away, and so far looks like a very good signing.

More interested in finding out where Boruc was, Cropper was warming up with Davis and Forster.

Made a great stop from the shot that veered like anything just before half time, bit disappointed he didn't get near Sterling's goal but it was a good finish, wasn't going to get close to the winner no matter what he did. Absolutely no problems with his "moving ball" or dead ball kicking or decision-making on either foot whatsoever, good judgement on the shot which went narrowly wide where he pulled his hands away, and so far looks like a very good signing.

More interested in finding out where Boruc was, Cropper was warming up with Davis and Forster.

Someone at the pub said he should have got to the first goal and that he didn't make an effort to get to it.

It was clear he was trying to stand up to Sterling. If he goes down too early then Sterling will just dink it over him. Which he was clearly considering when he stuttered slightly.

Otherwise he didn't have much to do. His kicking wasn't fantastic, but we knew that. Good to see he's happy to kick with both feet though.

Someone at the pub said he should have got to the first goal and that he didn't make an effort to get to it.

It was clear he was trying to stand up to Sterling. If he goes down too early then Sterling will just dink it over him. Which he was clearly considering when he stuttered slightly.

Otherwise he didn't have much to do. His kicking wasn't fantastic, but we knew that. Good to see he's happy to kick with both feet though.

Might not have had a lot to do but my own views on him are very positive

1. he is a very big guy - very commanding in the box

2. seemed to be happy clearing/passing with both feet (not at the same time!)

3. didn't seem to panic under pressure from dodgy back passes from yosh!!!

4. also thought his handling was pretty good too (although in the first half couldn't see much of the other end from row 11)

5. my daughter thought his bright yellow outfit was pretty good too

Might not have had a lot to do but my own views on him are very positive

1. he is a very big guy - very commanding in the box

2. seemed to be happy clearing/passing with both feet (not at the same time!)

3. didn't seem to panic under pressure from dodgy back passes from yosh!!!

4. also thought his handling was pretty good too (although in the first half couldn't see much of the other end from row 11)

5. my daughter thought his bright yellow outfit was pretty good too

Hah, just what my missus said plus she didn't think much of Mignolet's purple (oo-err)

MOTD on Saturday. Leicester v Everton, my 9 year old asks why those 2 men are wearing pink!!!!

I like Forster and think he'll be worth points this season. Difficult to say based on Sunday though. Thought we had 3 or 4 man of the match candidates and Mignolet was their best player by miles.

Hah, just what my missus said plus she didn't think much of Mignolet's purple (oo-err)

MOTD on Saturday. Leicester v Everton, my 9 year old asks why those 2 men are wearing pink!!!!

I like Forster and think he'll be worth points this season. Difficult to say based on Sunday though. Thought we had 3 or 4 man of the match candidates and Mignolet was their best player by miles.

I thought he was OK and hopeful he will get better. However, I disagree that the one save he did have to make was a "great stop". I agree with the MOTD taters and analysts that he could have done better with it. While it veered a little he nearly dropped it and if he had done so he would have looked a complete buffoon. Nevertheless, Boruc made far worse handling errors for us in his early games in a Saints shirt, so I am happy to just that down as 'one of those things'.

As for Boruc, despite early misgivings when he first played for us two years ago, I have grown to appreciate him as a keeper and will be disappointed if he leaves. If he does leave it will be a concern as to who will cover for him. Nevertheless, hopefully Forster will not have as many absences from the team as Boruc has done. In the longer term I hope that Cropper will benefit from the training he receives from our new goalkeeping coach and that in a year or so he can replace Kelvin (and/or Boruc) as understudy to Forster.

I thought he was OK and hopeful he will get better. However, I disagree that the one save he did have to make was a "great stop". I agree with the MOTD taters and analysts that he could have done better with it. While it veered a little he nearly dropped it and if he had done so he would have looked a complete buffoon. Nevertheless, Boruc made far worse handling errors for us in his early games in a Saints shirt, so I am happy to just that down as 'one of those things'.

As for Boruc, despite early misgivings when he first played for us two years ago, I have grown to appreciate him as a keeper and will be disappointed if he leaves. If he does leave it will be a concern as to who will cover for him. Nevertheless, hopefully Forster will not have as many absences from the team as Boruc has done. In the longer term I hope that Cropper will benefit from the training he receives from our new goalkeeping coach and that in a year or so he can replace Kelvin (and/or Boruc) as understudy to Forster.

He seems a tad slow to get down to low balls, especially to his left. I guess that is inevitable given his height, but I thought he could have done more for their first goal.

Yes, that would be my comment too. He goes down slowly whereas 'Irene' always got down and spread himself wide. He should also have come off his line earlier to pressure Sterling rather than watch and see.

We are going to miss Irene and her husband.

He seems a tad slow to get down to low balls, especially to his left. I guess that is inevitable given his height, but I thought he could have done more for their first goal.

Yes, that would be my comment too. He goes down slowly whereas 'Irene' always got down and spread himself wide. He should also have come off his line earlier to pressure Sterling rather than watch and see.

We are going to miss Irene and her husband.