London gatherings

All,

After further investigation investigations it turns out I am going to see Jimmy Carr on the 14th April.

We have a choice, I pass the responsibility of organising to someone else, or I re-arrange for the 21st April.

Up to you guys.

Sorry not replied to your PM. Couldn't figure out how to reply to all, and got frustrated! Maybe easier keeping the organising on here as might encourage others to join us anyway.

I definitely can't do the 21 or 23. Maybe able to do other days that week, but better to organise without me in mind, in case I bail last minute as its a bit of a full on week for me. Sorry for being rubbish - I hate people like this! Definitely keen to come and meet everyone though, if possible.

Sorry not replied to your PM. Couldn't figure out how to reply to all, and got frustrated! Maybe easier keeping the organising on here as might encourage others to join us anyway.

I definitely can't do the 21 or 23. Maybe able to do other days that week, but better to organise without me in mind, in case I bail last minute as its a bit of a full on week for me. Sorry for being rubbish - I hate people like this! Definitely keen to come and meet everyone though, if possible.

Is there a midweek date in the near future that you can make, or is that only certain for Arsenal fixtures? ;)

You have to enjoy the difficulties of adults in London trying to arrange anything. Nothing ever gets done with a spreadsheet.

I bloody hate being one of those people who have things in diaries weeks ahead. I like spontaneous stuff! Not annoying 'how about w/c 3 Nov' conversations. This is what bloomin London does to you.

Perhaps, I may be away but should know by the end of next week.

Shall we go for two then, 7th April and 19th May? Who'd be up for that?

Two?! They were options! :)

My only request is we pick a nice pub, rather than a ****ty chain pub, with crap loud music, and crap beer. Filled with commuters in suits. I can't do sh*t pubs, they make me depressed!

Can you guarantee:

No tourists

No business men in suits ;)

No loud music

No elevator music

If so, I'll consider it. ;)

No tourists - No, because it's Easter holidays :)

No business men in suits - Not on my last after work visit, was pretty chilled out

No loud music - Yes

No elevator music - Yes

It is a good pub - but a better one is the Sheaf round the corner on Southwark Street

http://www.redcarpubs.com/The-Wheatsheaf.

Run by the guy who used to run the Wheatsheaf on Stoney St (previous post). When that was closed to extend the rail line into London Bridge he moved into the basement of the old hop cellars round the corner. Then the original Wheatsheaf opened again meaning there were two pubs of the same name within a minutes of each other - confusing! The Sheaf is a bit less expensive than the WS, good pub food, sport on TV and excellent beers. Market Porter also excellent next to the WS. I work near there so know every pub in a mile radius. Great area.

Actually ignore me - I can't make the meet up in a couple of weeks!