Francis Benali's Big Run

Norm

It was amazing today. Never seen the whole stadium come together like this, by which I mean police, stewards, ground staff, subs warming up, away fans and the directors box. Having lost a sister (season ticket holder) in her 40's to cancer, I was struggling to hold back the tears, such was my huge admiration for Franny and all those who have supported him. Inspirational

It was amazing today. Never seen the whole stadium come together like this, by which I mean police, stewards, ground staff, subs warming up, away fans and the directors box. Having lost a sister (season ticket holder) in her 40's to cancer, I was struggling to hold back the tears, such was my huge admiration for Franny and all those who have supported him. Inspirational

I shed one for mine.

Why were there no collection buckets around the ground though - was it because of a conflict with the Saints Foundation?

Bloody hell, did you have your eyes closed. There were people with collecting buckets every where. But, they had all disappeared before the end of the game when was going to offload my loose change. So just had to donate again when I got home.

Shame it's not higher, I know he's set an ambitious target but if everyone in St Mary's donated it would be far greater, as it stands 25,000 that went to the match today haven't donated single pound. His just giving page counts 5,000 odd donations.

https://www.justgiving.com/benalisbigrun/

my thoughts exactly, if the stadium at halftime only contained people who had actually donated it would have looked like a bournmeouth home game. shame all the people expressing thier admiration of his achievement actually put thier hand in thier pocket a decent it could have been so much more.

Franny is my all time Saints hero. I'm afraid though I won't give money to Cancer Research UK because they use (some of) the money for political campaigning, rather than actually researching cancer.

Wow. Good luck in avoiding needing any help in future. If you feel so strongly that they could do things better, go volunteer your time to help them

Franny so far has raised 116 000 for cancer research . He has slogged his guts out for a 1000 miles and gone to all 20 prem grounds, Surely the rich prem clubs could donate 50 000 each then franny would get the million he deserves for cancer research? Im going to email all 20 prem clubs asking then to donate 50 000 each and i urge other people to do the same thanks

Benali coming home was a SMS experience that I will never forget (like saying farewell to Pahars!), I felt immensely proud of Franny and also the reception he received from all in attendence.

It was pretty special. Never seen such a collective at HT before.

He did an amazing job, and he deserved the recognition. (shame he didn't get more nationally, to be honest, as it was an extraordinary feat)

Franny is my all time Saints hero. I'm afraid though I won't give money to Cancer Research UK because they use (some of) the money for political campaigning, rather than actually researching cancer.

Plenty of other cancer-related charities if you feel that way, though I believe your views are misguided due to a misunderstanding of why they campaign politically. Not like they hide the fact they do it and why.

Great welcome back for him and seeing most people forgo their half time pint for that special occasion.

Amazing job, true Saints hero.

Bit disgraceful MOTD couldn't spare a few secs to show it, no doubt if it was one of the big clubs they would have done.

My view from the Northam

Great welcome back for him and seeing most people forgo their half time pint for that special occasion.

Amazing job, true Saints hero.

Bit disgraceful MOTD couldn't spare a few secs to show it, no doubt if it was one of the big clubs they would have done.

My view from the Northam

Great video, but seriously, was that you singing?? Whoever it was is properly tone deaf.

Was anyone else around the Itchen Stand when Benali arrived at 2.55pm? He got a top reception, surrounded by the crowd, pity it hadn't been 5 or 10 mins earlier when even more fans were around.

He almost ran in to me. Felt quite emotional to be honest - brought a tear to the eye.