Pubs on the I.O.W that show Saints games?

Macey_J2

I'm on the island this Saturday, which means missing the first match of the season unfortunately, but would like to watch it at a pub if possible,

Any tips for good pubs over there that show saints matches regularly?

Thanks

My condolences

Nope. Airing football matches publicly is actually outlawed on the island thanks to a bylaw passed in the 1990s - so pubs are a no go, I'm afraid. As such people with Sky Sports hold open houses but charge guests (usually around a fiver) to watch the game. This is illegal too, but - oddly enough - fetish sex parties are not illegal on the island, so guests who want to watch a game are required to wear S&M clothes so as not to arouse the suspicions of the local constabulary.

Since police have been trying to infiltrate these open houses, it is important to stay in character as an S&M practitioner when asking around. As such, it is normal practice to try one's luck for watching the football by dressing in full S&M regalia, knocking on doors and saying "I'm here to service your wife" - the islanders will know what you mean so will either invite you in to watch the football or just advise you politely of a neighbour who is showing the game.

Good luck - I hope you get to watch the game! COYR!

I'm on the island this Saturday, which means missing the first match of the season unfortunately, but would like to watch it at a pub if possible,

Any tips for good pubs over there that show saints matches regularly?

Thanks

Phone' the Falcon' in Shanklin landlord is a saints fan and used to show games