Food at St. Mary's

Guided Missile

There are some fantastic new food items to sample, including our locally-sourced premium hot dog, the top-quality Hampshire hog roast, traditional jacket potatoes and nachos with a range of toppings. Alternatively we'll also have mobile sellers making their way around the stadium bowl offering hot and cold drinks, confectionery, hot dogs and ice cream so you needn't even leave your block when you need refreshment.

Oink, oink....

There are some fantastic new food items to sample, including our locally-sourced premium hot dog, the top-quality Hampshire hog roast, traditional jacket potatoes and nachos with a range of toppings. Alternatively we'll also have mobile sellers making their way around the stadium bowl offering hot and cold drinks, confectionery, hot dogs and ice cream so you needn't even leave your block when you need refreshment.

Oink, oink....

Excellent.....do the mobile sellers make it up to row JJ?

Nachos and hog roast are a plus, I might partake from now on.

Hopefully there's some better drinks on offer.

Excellent.....do the mobile sellers make it up to row JJ?

They've covered that base, they said you don't have to leave yourblock, ​you just have to make it to the front.

Oink, oink....

"The Stadium Bowl" made me cringe a bit. Hog roast will be decent in the very unlikely event it's done well.

When it comes to the subject of food at football, I've had a gutful

I knew when I saw the OP earlier that this would grate your ish. Fair play to you for keeping your stance on this issue. My only thought is an evening game for me when I could afford it, it use to mean that I had gone straight from work and needed my tea/dinner/supper what ever you call the meal you have after running around like a tit all day. I grab whatever is available and hope to swallow as much as I can before my hunger is sated and I consider the substance, nutrition or taste of this sustenance.

I will say this isn't a problem for me any more due to my new plastic lifestyle.

The mark up on fast selling, half decent grub provided at a rate to match demand is reasonable.

"The Stadium Bowl" made me cringe a bit. Hog roast will be decent in the very unlikely event it's done well.

There's no non-crappy shorthand term for "the area within the Stadium in which you can actually see the match but specifically excluding the areas you can't see the match" though, is there? They can't say "pitchside area" or "in the seats" because they'll be in both of those. Stuff like "viewing arena" and "stadium bowl" is all there is, unless someone can think of a better one?

So how was it? Who enjoyed the locally produced hot dogs, jacket potatoes or nachos? Did anyone take advantage of the mobile sellers so not that not only could they stuff their faces they didn't even need to burn a few of the calories off by walking down to get it. What with the new, larger programmes is it fair to say the matchday experience has never been better?

At least they've stopped selling Carling this season. Granted Carlsberg isn't that much better but an improvement none the less.

No Carlsberg is the worst. Or maybe that is just the Wetherspoons end of life stuff.

How come our official bookie William Hill wasnt in place. Still Sporting Bet who go ome at half-time. Would have thought being official partner meant at very least you got the betting custom.

So how was it? Who enjoyed the locally produced hot dogs, jacket potatoes or nachos? Did anyone take advantage of the mobile sellers so not that not only could they stuff their faces they didn't even need to burn a few of the calories off by walking down to get it. What with the new, larger programmes is it fair to say the matchday experience has never been better?

Queue at the stall was too long so while I fully intended to buy a programme as I usually do when I have the nipper with me (as he likes collecting them), I couldn't be bothered to queue for 5 minutes. Seems somewhat of a retrograde step as last season the sellers were more numerous.

Queue at the stall was too long so while I fully intended to buy a programme as I usually do when I have the nipper with me (as he likes collecting them), I couldn't be bothered to queue for 5 minutes. Seems somewhat of a retrograde step as last season the sellers were more numerous.

Out of ten, how would you score your match day experience?

Same as last season, save for the ice cream I got. The nipper wanted a slash so I trundled down from the top of the stand, saw the ice cream seller (with no queue - I'm not a great queuer) so carried on while the nipper went his way. As the ice cream might possibly have been the best part of the day, I would have to score it 10 out of 10, but maybe take it down to 9 as £2.50 for a Magnum Classic is a bit pricey. My local shop, which isn't exactly cheap, knocks them out for £1.85. Oh and let's knock it down to 8 for having a ridiculous queue. As I had lunch at home, I didn't feel the need to go for sausages or hog roasts (and who eats those at that time of the day? But come an evening kick off I might well get one)

But seriously, I go to SMS to watch the football, and I have an uninterrupted view from a decent, if a few rows too high, of the whole pitch. So my match day experience is exactly what I want it to be (ie to watch football and food & drink doesn't come into it) so can't complain.

Is there a Ben and jerrys stall selling their finest yet?

Nope - only Cornetto, Magnum and something that he showed me for the best part of ¼ second, so couldn't see what it was. But sod the B&J, should have New Forest ice cream.

Let's get our priorities sorted.

:)

Same as last season, save for the ice cream I got. The nipper wanted a slash so I trundled down from the top of the stand, saw the ice cream seller (with no queue - I'm not a great queuer) so carried on while the nipper went his way. As the ice cream might possibly have been the best part of the day, I would have to score it 10 out of 10, but maybe take it down to 9 as £2.50 for a Magnum Classic is a bit pricey. My local shop, which isn't exactly cheap, knocks them out for £1.85. Oh and let's knock it down to 8 for having a ridiculous queue. As I had lunch at home, I didn't feel the need to go for sausages or hog roasts (and who eats those at that time of the day? But come an evening kick off I might well get one)

But seriously, I go to SMS to watch the football, and I have an uninterrupted view from a decent, if a few rows too high, of the whole pitch. So my match day experience is exactly what I want it to be (ie to watch football and food & drink doesn't come into it) so can't complain.

Its great to hear there is a full range of foodstuffs to satisfy every palate. You enjoy them pal. You seem like a good guy, you deserve it.

Edited by Turkish