Pelle in line for Italy call up

Bewildered

Total Dutch Football ‏@TotalDutchFB 3m

#SaintsFC striker Graziano Pelle is set to be named in the 30-man provisional #Italy squad to face #Oranje on 4th September (via @CorSport)

Good news if it happens, hopefully it will give him a confidence boost.

Feyenoord fans must be furious that he never got a sniff of an international call up when he played for them but goes to a premier league club and he's straight in the Italy squad.

Probs how we will feel when Chambers eventually makes the England team...

Feyenoord fans must be furious that he never got a sniff of an international call up when he played for them but goes to a premier league club and he's straight in the Italy squad.

Can't speak for all the Feyenoord fans but I don't think so. We're not that interested in national teams, it's all about Feyenoord... :) We know that the Eredivisie is much lower rated than the PL but I don't believe that this is the reason that Pelle wasn't invited thus far. I guess it's because Italy doesn't have much central attackers beside that clown Balotelli as we could see in the WC in Brazil so why not try Pelle just to see if he really got better after some bad years in Italy?

Can't speak for all the Feyenoord fans but I don't think so. We're not that interested in national teams, it's all about Feyenoord... :) We know that the Eredivisie is much lower rated than the PL but I don't believe that this is the reason that Pelle wasn't invited thus far. I guess it's because Italy doesn't have much central attackers beside that clown Balotelli as we could see in the WC in Brazil so why not try Pelle just to see if he really got better after some bad years in Italy?

Ah fair play then mate. You're a better lot than many of of our whinging saps who would be sulking and crying and going on about how the whole world hates us if our former 29 year old striker had not had a sniff of international football until one game after he left.

Worth noting they have a new manager at the helm so probably, I would hope, more to do with it than his solitary appearance in the premier league.

Ah fair play then mate. You're a better lot than many of of our whinging saps who would be sulking and crying and going on about how the whole world hates us if our former 29 year old striker had not had a sniff of international football until one game after he left.

..... another positive..:spaz:

ive spent the morning working on a list of all the things Pirlo and Gerrard have in common:

1) footballers

Ahhh, you missed what was right in front of you.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51470-Liverpool-post-match-chat-amp-MotM&p=2031412#post2031412

"Playing JWP in the hole allowed him to monitor Gerrard and his pîss poor pirlo parody."

He is a Pirlo imitator! Not a very good one, mind you...

Interesting article just sprang up for those quick to dismiss his potential in this league.

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/player-to-watch-this-weekend-southamptons-graziano-pelle/

Actually, he had a v.decent chance in the first half -ball played in on the floor to the near post. Couldn't keep it down - perhaps should have done better with it.

Edited by shurlock