Danny Welbeck - Told he can leave.. Only for mid table club

SaintLondon

I'm hearing we are linked with a player called Danielle wellbeccio. He's a versatile striker/attacking midfielder from udinese. International player with 8 goals in 26 games for Uraguay. He's quick and strong, can play as a centre forward, winger or attacking midfielder. Watched his youtube best bits and he's scored some great goals including a brilliant and clever back heel winner v Columbia in the 2012 copa America a brilliant chip for udinese v Verona. He would be a brilliant signing, id never heard of him until today but a real statement of intent and fits just into the sort of pacy, versatile player we need.

Is that a made up name Turks? ;-)

I'm hearing we are linked with a player called Danielle wellbeccio. He's a versatile striker/attacking midfielder from udinese. International player with 8 goals in 26 games for Uraguay. He's quick and strong, can play as a centre forward, winger or attacking midfielder. Watched his youtube best bits and he's scored some great goals including a brilliant and clever back heel winner v Columbia in the 2012 copa America a brilliant chip for udinese v Verona. He would be a brilliant signing, id never heard of him until today but a real statement of intent and fits just into the sort of pacy, versatile player we need.

Hmmm sounds a bit like Ramirez. No thanks

Hmm maybe. But if wellbeck had a fancy name and was exactly the same player but playing in a foreign country people would be wetting themselves about what an amazing signing it was.

we all got really excited over gaston ramirez when he first came.

Welbeck had a better season last season at united (depsite their worst in 30 years) than ramirez has had in his entire career

we all got really excited over gaston ramirez when he first came.

Welbeck had a better season last season at united (depsite their worst in 30 years) than ramirez has had in his entire career

Yep and if we signed the *insert foreign nationality* Wellbeck from *insert name of big club from Italy/Spain/Germany/France* people would be raving about how amazing it is to sign an international with that many caps from a club like that. He's amazing he is, just look at his YouTube video and FM stats and anyone who says other wise is a c*nt who hates the club and wants us to fail.

Not sure you can stipulate to a mid table club only can you? It surely must be verging on restriction of trade. If Spurs take him, then they prob won't want JRod.

You seem very defeatist about our future, what makes you think Rodrigues will want to leave anyway and why do you suppose we are here just to do spuds bidding. Man Up guy, we are Southampton and we are marching in still.

During the 2012/13 season he played 27 Premier League games, up front for the best team in the country and scored 1 goal.

1 less than Jose Fonte.

If he's sh*t why did Alex ferguson pick him for all man Uniteds biggest games that season and not always up front?

Edited by Turkish

If he's sh*t why did Alex ferguson pick him for all man Uniteds biggest games and not always up front?

Probably because he liked to bring through young players. He's f*cking garbage, why do you think they are trying to offload him to a mid-table side? Because no one else wants him.

Probably because he liked to bring through young players. He's f*cking garbage, why do you think they are trying to offload him to a mid-table side? Because no one else wants him.

So he picked him to play away at real madrid in a champions league knock out game, where Wellbeck played very well and scored by the way, simply because he likes to play young players. You're living up to your reputation pal :lol:

So he picked him to play away at real madrid in a champions league knock out game, where Wellbeck played very well and scored by the way, simply because he likes to play young players. You're living up to your reputation pal :lol:

You think he's great just because he played for Man Utd. Ah bless!

You think he's great just because he played for Man Utd. Ah bless!

Yeah that'll be it dopey.

Like I said, you're living up to your reputation, I've given reasons why I think he's decent, not great, but decent yet all you've done is put your fingers in your ears and scream 'he's sh*t, he's sh*t, he's sh*t' which is no more than we've come to expect from you to be honest.

Yeah that'll be it dopey.

Like I said, you're living up to your reputation, I've given reasons why I think he's decent, not great, but decent yet all you've done is put your fingers in your ears and scream 'he's sh*t, he's sh*t, he's sh*t' which is no more than we've come to expect from you to be honest.

LOL, I've backed up my opinion with stats. All you've said is he's played for Man Utd!

Classic mong board, you are like a little star-stuck 12-year-old.

LOL, I've backed up my opinion with stats. All you've said is he's played for Man Utd!

Classic mong board, you are like a little star-stuck 12-year-old.

Stats. Spoken like a true FM addict. If only football was played on spreadsheets, hey dopey :lol:

He's not sh!t at all. He's a decent player. Never understood anyone who calls him sh!t.

He's got pace power, half decent in the air, still pretty raw, but still a talented player, would be a coup if we got him, and Turkish is right, if we were linked with him and he was foreign we'd all be getting excited. Only difference is, he's proven in the league we're playing in.

Only difference is, he's proven in the league we're playing in.

:lol: I've heard it all now. I suppose he's proven at being able to pull on a Man Utd shirt.

You could plant a tree in the Sretford End goal mouth and it would have a better goals per game ratio than Welbeck.

:lol: I've heard it all now. I suppose he's proven at being able to pull on a Man Utd shirt.

You could plant a tree in the Sretford End goal mouth and it would have a better goals per game ratio than Welbeck.

So if you think he's sh..t, who exactly do you propose we should be trying to sign?

A divisive thread! I suppose not the first on here, but I think it's quite telling. Could this be the test to decide who knows football and who is that guy who shouts 'get stuck in there lad' and applauds the player who runs about like a headless chicken...?

Welbeck is a good player, if SAF plays him, he's a good player, you don't need to say any more really.

Sure his first touch can be suspect, but Beatts suffered from that, yet he was still a great player for us.

Is Danny welbeck a good player?

do you know anything about football?

A divisive thread! I suppose not the first on here, but I think it's quite telling. Could this be the test to decide who knows football and who is that guy who shouts 'get stuck in there lad' and applauds the player who runs about like a headless chicken...?

Welbeck is a good player, if SAF plays him, he's a good player, you don't need to say any more really.

Sure his first touch can be suspect, but Beatts suffered from that, yet he was still a great player for us.

Is Danny welbeck a good player?

do you know anything about football?[/

He's not as good as he should be given his experience and talent, neither of which are seriously in doubt. One could argue that Chambers at his young age is making more of his abilities than Welbeck is. I don't see any real sign of Welbeck getting better (from the games watched on TV of course). That's not to say he is shyte.

You seem very defeatist about our future, what makes you think Rodrigues will want to leave anyway and why do you suppose we are here just to do spuds bidding. Man Up guy, we are Southampton and we are marching in still.

Aren't you the guy that was leaving to be an Arsenal fan when times were tough?

Have Man U really said he can only go to a mid table side? Clearly they don't rate him enough to have him in the squad but rate him enough they don't want him playing for their perceived rivals.........weird

As for him coming here, I can't see it, but really some of our fans need to get a grip are people really so deluded they think a player like Wellbeck isn't good enough for our squad...who the **** do they think we should be signing?

Would've been a much better buy than Long but as other have said, it's too late now. The other thing to consider is whether he'd be willing come to us? I'm sure there's plenty of other clubs that he'd rather go to and that will be prepared to pay silly wages. Being realistic, Long is about as good as we can hope for. It's just a shame that we spent so much on someone who runs around a lot but doesn't seem to be too good at putting the ball on the net.

I watched him play a few times on the telly and thought that if Alex Ferguson had picked him for Man Uniteds most important games the last time they won the league he must be good. I noticed that he can play in a number of positions, from centre forward to winger, attacking wide midfielder. That he tracks back and puts a reasonable shift in defensively offering cover to the full back, he has a good engine and pace and that in saintsweb tradition is also young, hungry and therefore guarenteed to improve. Then i remember that talksport and a few other places had said he was crap so i looked at his stats that he had only scored 20 goals in 90 games for Man united so he must be terrible so NOT one for me i'm afraid. He is sh*t.

:lol:

It's all about Chelsea this year, they're my new team. Sod the men in black.

If I was Danny I would push for a move to Saints. The chance to improve and become the focus of scouts from CL clubs. In fact I'd be so keen to go to the club I know could turn me into a top player, I would have already been on strike and be here on reduced wages.

An interesting one. Excellent in 2011-12. Signs lucrative contract in 2012-13 after which consistent form never recovers. If it's a case of resting on his laurels, I'd take him. That's easily fixable if he has any self-respect, and the fella does have some spectacular goals in him.

Would've been a much better buy than Long but as other have said, it's too late now. The other thing to consider is whether he'd be willing come to us? I'm sure there's plenty of other clubs that he'd rather go to and that will be prepared to pay silly wages. Being realistic, Long is about as good as we can hope for. It's just a shame that we spent so much on someone who runs around a lot but doesn't seem to be too good at putting the ball on the net.

I love the subtlety of the irony in this

During the 2012/13 season he played 27 Premier League games, up front for the best team in the country and scored 1 goal.

1 less than Jose Fonte.

So you're saying he played in most of the league games the season they won the title. Ever thought that he may actually contribute more to the team than just goals? Not every forwards job is to score but for some reason some people only ever judge on a goals per game.