Attendance for WBA

wessex saint

Had a look at the build up thread and had a quick butchers online but still no idea how many tickets have gone. Although it looks like WBA have sent back a block in the Northam so plenty available on the day Anyone any idea what it will be tomorrow ? Disappointing if we can't break 30k.

Under 11s are free but I doubt we will top 27000, too many disillusioned people and WBA not an attractive team and too early in the season to have much hanging on it, hope I'm wrong. It would encourage everyone to have 30000 but the spirit isn't there at the moment

I think you'll find he never said any of that stuff on that thread.

Just had a quick skim through the thread, it is comedy gold what with all the Steve Jobs ignored the market, seats at a football stadium are like hotel rooms on a late booking site, discount airlines, dragons den and We doubled our attendances when we moved from the Dell therefore we could do it again being given as reasons we need to expand the the stadium now, now, now.

Not getting into the 'we need a bigger stadium' nonsense but Hull apparently (read it a few days back and can't find the source ... where is MLG when you need him?) did some of that dynamic ticket pricing and filled the seats by selling those not taken for £16.

Understand it could be considered 'unfair' on those who have paid at a higher price but some kind of reduction on the normal rate may encourage more walk up.

Anywhere a packed house would be great but as it is in football a significant portion of the fan base are priced out.

Simply this. Sooner or later it will all come crashing down. Incidentally BT and Sky announced they are putting up their domestic prices to enable the footballers to get even richer I guess.....

Playing Devil's Advocate, is £34 that excessive for Premier League football in 2014? Are most other clubs having problems with ticket sales?

Playing Devil's Advocate, is £34 that excessive for Premier League football in 2014? Are most other clubs having problems with ticket sales?

I suppose it depends how we are measuring it. We could simply suggest that ticket sales equate to ticket price levels - if they are not selling they are too expensive (simplistic but one way to look at it).

If you look at it from a different perspective (the classic German example) if the ticket price is too much for 'normal' fans then that is an issue.

Being realistic for most £34 is the base price. Add in travel costs and a programme/one drink the cost can run well north of £50.

I suppose it depends how we are measuring it. We could simply suggest that ticket sales equate to ticket price levels - if they are not selling they are too expensive (simplistic but one way to look at it).

If you look at it from a different perspective (the classic German example) if the ticket price is too much for 'normal' fans then that is an issue.

Being realistic for most £34 is the base price. Add in travel costs and a programme/one drink the cost can run well north of £50.

Not really. You're working off the assumption that the tickets aren't selling due to price, not any other reason. Will we sell out for the Cat A games that are much more expensive? Probably. Did we come close to selling out for the Leverkusen game despite the ridiculously cheap price?

Not really. You're working off the assumption that the tickets aren't selling due to price, not any other reason. Will we sell out for the Cat A games that are much more expensive? Probably. Did we come close to selling out for the Leverkusen game despite the ridiculously cheap price?

I conceded it is a simplistic assumption. There are, of course, other factors but pricing is a major one. Personally I would go to more games if the tickets were cheaper and sure other saints fans would say the same.

Cat A games include day trippers as well as 'regular' fans who would quite happily watch us play WBA if the price was right.

Leverkusen was a friendly and therefore not the best example as it is not exactly a direct parallel. And I don't think it was 'ridiculously cheap' though yes it was cheap. Obviously it is speculative but I imagine a competitive fixture at the same price would sell-out very quickly!

All aside I don't realistically expect us to come out with tickets under £30 any time soon :)