Goals

Saint Garrett

Although we were way better than I thought we would be, we're really struggling to score goals. We're missing easy chances, Mane offers bugger all, long is a decent player to have but isn't much of a goal threat and Pelle plays back to goal a lot of the time...they've certainly dried up.

Hopefully with Morgan back, and another brought in in January we should be ok, however not good enough at the moment.

I said at the start of the season that I hoped Pelle wouid prove me wrong but I didn't feel he'd get into double figures. He's done better than I thought he would but he's starting to cause me some concern, as are others. We really lack a proven finisher, a poacher.

I honestly don't think we'll finish top 10 this season.

We're a far cry from the team who put 8 past Sunderland!!!

I said at the start of the season that I hoped Pelle wouid prove me wrong but I didn't feel he'd get into double figures. He's done better than I thought he would but he's starting to cause me some concern, as are others. We really lack a proven finisher, a poacher.

I honestly don't think we'll finish top 10 this season.

We're a far cry from the team who put 8 past Sunderland!!!

He's a tad above mediocre, good enough for solid cover like Long, but certainly not anywhere near as good as Lambert or Rodriguez. Having him as essentially our only fit striker for half the season is a ridiculous situation to be in.

why is watching chelski like going to the opera?

1. the audience are always quiet till something dramatic happens

2. the players always moaning and making more noise than the audience

3. its always the same old show - Swan Lake down at the bridge

What do we do, sign another striker and another creative player? Bring back Gaston to give us another option?

Would Rickie be interested on returning, I doubt it...

Do we just pray that JRod is going to be back playing at the same level....I can't see it for a while...

We look completely blunt at the moment.

• 2 months later...
Created this thread back in August. Problem is still there.

Well yes perhaps, JRod still hasn't donned his boots in anger and we're in March, the problem is there really. We punted on him being back a couple of months ago I expect and it didn't happen. When everyone else was scoring then the problem was veiled a bit but as there have been no goals from midfield or defence of late the true situation rears it's head again. Pelle isn't good enough and Long doesn't play enough.

Well yes perhaps, JRod still hasn't donned his boots in anger and we're in March, the problem is there really. We punted on him being back a couple of months ago I expect and it didn't happen. When everyone else was scoring then the problem was veiled a bit but as there have been no goals from midfield or defence of late the true situation rears it's head again. Pelle isn't good enough and Long doesn't play enough.

A fair summary. Perhaps the board took the view that we were safe for this season and anything else would be a bonus.

• 5 months later...

We got lucky at the start of last season, pelle tadic hit the ground running and there was a buzz in the dressing room,

But things have been going down hill since feb.

I've said it before and I'll say it again the club don't know what they are doing.

If you keep letting your best players go it it will only go one way I'm afraid.