Ebola victim flown home

OldNick

Is it right that we are flying this man back at enormous cost and an unknown health risk? This man took it on himself and without any second thought recklessly put himself at risk. Yes it was a very human gesture, but surely he should have gone through an official agency.

The financial cost to our nation as well as putting others health at risk is irresponsible IMO. Where will it end? any other. British national who gets the virus will expect the same I assume

I raised my eyebrows when I heard they were flying infected medical staff back, it seems they've done their homework and have all risks covered.

The DoH said the decision to return the patient to the UK was taken following "clinical advice".

Prof John Watson, DoH deputy chief medical officer, said they would be taken in a specially-adapted ambulance to a high level isolation unit - the only unit of its kind in the UK......the UK has "robust, well-developed and well-tested NHS systems for managing unusual infectious diseases".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28919831