E Cigarettes

revolution saint

I'm thinking of making the switch to e-cigarettes and wondered if anyone has any recommendations or experience of using them. I'm not really interested because I want to give up smoking but because they're supposed to be cheaper, don't have the smell and it's better health wise.

So, what are some good deals around? Did a quick google last night and sky cig (now blu?) and green smoke seem to be quite popular?

Anyway, any info would be useful. Thanks

Electronic cigarettes, marketed as safer than regular cigarettes, deliver a cocktail of toxic chemicals including carcinogens into the lungs,

new studies show. Using e-cigarettes may even make bacterial infections resistant to antibiotics, according to one study.

Engineers developed e-cigarettes several years ago to provide tobacco users a smoke-free source of nicotine. The devices heat up

a liquid that a user inhales, or “vapes.” Because e-cigarettes burn nothing, they release no smoke.

“There’s no question that a puff on an e-cigarette is less toxic than a puff on a regular cigarette,” says Stanton Glantz, director of

the Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education at the University of California, San Francisco. But few studies have looked

at the toxicity of their vapors. As a result, scientists have been circumspect about describing e-cigarettes as safe.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/health-risks-e-cigarettes-emerge

https://www.google.com/search?q=dangers+of+e-cigarettes&gws_rd=ssl

Not perhaps such a good idea after all ?

The nicotine bubblys are outlawed here in Australia, but my mate gets them from Singapore for a much cheaper price than cigarettes (currently ca. AU$17 for a 26 pack). I've had a few tokes and the 'experience' is much closer to a normal smoke than any other allegedly better smoke replacement. If and when I convert to them, I will post the details.

Don't bother with branded versions, the ones made to look like ciggies, generally they deliver an expensive and frustrating experience.

Buy a good Ego type battery (2 so you can use one while t'other charges) and a couple of CE4 type clearomisers. These screw onto the top of the battery and contain the e-liquid.

Google these terms for UK mail order suppliers.

E-liquid comes in many flavours and strengths, if you smoke 20 or more cigs a day you will need to start on at least 24Mg E-liquid. If you are able to entirely swap your ciggies for e-cig use you will find you can reduce the liquid Mg strength over time.

There is NO eliquid tobacco flavour that actualy tastes like a ciggie does. After a fairly short time this will reveal itself as a good thing :) Go to a shop that has samples you can try, you will find something that you like.

I started vapeing in May 2012 from a 45 year laterly 30 a day smoking habit. Never bought another pack of cigs since its arrival, gradually weaned myself off the nicotine content using it.

Running costs can be as low as £20 a year for the hardware and £5 to £10 a week for the e-liquid. Less if you shop wisely :)

It worked for me, your mileage may vary.

Better for you than smoking, but I don't see why you'd use one if you wanted to quit when you could use gum/lozenges etc.? They work out cheaper, more discreet, much less crap in them and are actually proven to work to help people quit, whereas a lot of people make the switch to e-cigs and don't actually cut down their nicotine intake.

If you do go for e-cigs, make sure you go with a big brand which may be slightly more expensive, as e-cigs and their paraphernalia aren't licensed as medicines in the UK *****il 2016) and so legally companies can chuck whatever they like into their liquid without having to prove it's not hazardous to health; nor do they actually have to put in the amount of nicotine they claim to have in them.

Don't bother with branded versions, the ones made to look like ciggies, generally they deliver an expensive and frustrating experience.

Buy a good Ego type battery (2 so you can use one while t'other charges) and a couple of CE4 type clearomisers. These screw onto the top of the battery and contain the e-liquid.

Google these terms for UK mail order suppliers.

E-liquid comes in many flavours and strengths, if you smoke 20 or more cigs a day you will need to start on at least 24Mg E-liquid. If you are able to entirely swap your ciggies for e-cig use you will find you can reduce the liquid Mg strength over time.

There is NO eliquid tobacco flavour that actualy tastes like a ciggie does. After a fairly short time this will reveal itself as a good thing :) Go to a shop that has samples you can try, you will find something that you like.

I started vapeing in May 2012 from a 45 year laterly 30 a day smoking habit. Never bought another pack of cigs since its arrival, gradually weaned myself off the nicotine content using it.

Running costs can be as low as £20 a year for the hardware and £5 to £10 a week for the e-liquid. Less if you shop wisely :)

It worked for me, your mileage may vary.

Thanks for the reply - I'm not too keen on the non-cigarette type inhalers although realise why people use them. I've ordered a starter pack from Green Smoke so will give that a go but more than likely will end up with your suggestion if it doesn't work out. Thanks for the advice though and some useful info there.

Better for you than smoking, but I don't see why you'd use one if you wanted to quit when you could use gum/lozenges etc.? They work out cheaper, more discreet, much less crap in them and are actually proven to work to help people quit, whereas a lot of people make the switch to e-cigs and don't actually cut down their nicotine intake.

If you do go for e-cigs, make sure you go with a big brand which may be slightly more expensive, as e-cigs and their paraphernalia aren't licensed as medicines in the UK *****il 2016) and so legally companies can chuck whatever they like into their liquid without having to prove it's not hazardous to health; nor do they actually have to put in the amount of nicotine they claim to have in them.

Thing is I don't want to quit - all I want is a "cleaner" and hopefully cheaper alternative. E-cigarettes are also a bit more socially acceptable so thought I'd give them a try but at the moment I've no interest at all in lowering my nicotine intake.

Oh and as an aside NRT doesn't really work whereas E-cigs have a much, much higher success rate. This is a really good article: http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9197731/vape-alarm/ (read the comments as well).

Looks as if Big Pharma and Big Tobacco are getting a bit worried about the success of e-cigs and consequently their loss of revenue.

Let me know how your getting on with the Green brand as I am thinking about going down the same route.

Will do, Saint Billy. I should be getting the starter kit either today or tomorrow.

I did use Ecigs for around 8 months and was happy with it, until i broke it, and then went back to cigs.

This was before branded one's were in the shops, and u could only get them on the internet. I have since got another one, but just haven't made the switch, it won't be too long, as my lungs are starting to give out, as the cold weather is starting come in, and being forced to go outside at home and work...

I did have a lava tube, high resistance CE4's with an adapter using RY4 eliquid, although i would now recommend cherry flavour as my choice.

CE4' are good, but they don't last very long, you may only get 3-4 days out of one before replacement.

HTH

I have been using an EROS vaporiser for over 4 months, after 45 years a smoker. I fully endorse matyg1950's comments. In the past I have tried the patches, gum inhalers, will power etc but like you I enjoy the habit as much as the addiction. It is working well for me I truly feel that I have given up tobacco.

Appreciate it's well meaning but really not sure how many times I have to say I don't want to give up - I like smoking. I'm just looking for a cleaner, cheaper alternative.

Just chatting to a guy in our office doing the same. He has a "disposbale" one form Boots that looks like a normal cig. Looks OK. £8. You cna then of course see if you like it and get the full USB one.

[quote name=

Will do, Saint Billy. I should be getting the starter kit either today or tomorrow.[/quote]

Cheers for that.

Have tried Elites but were not quite strong enough. I have read that off the shelf ecigs are much the same and that you have to pay a bit more for quality.

I use a couple of these guys devices:

http://www.innokin.com/index.php/about-us

(A couple cos I upgraded my kit! - its a bit geeky and techy like that. Advanced Personal Vaporisers FFS)

I know you said you weren't sure about the 'non-cig' looking ones, but they really are the best in my experience.

As well as not smoking tobacco since day one of getting my first device (after a 25yr pack of GV a day), I have also reduced my nicotine requirement. I started by drawing hard on 20mg liquid, then smoking the thing a bit better - the cool flavours help with this. Then I dropped to 18mg liquid and now 11mg liquid.

I still really enjoy 'smoking' and never took this up to quit, just thought I'd try it out. One of the best decisions I have made in a long time. I have improved my kit and now mix my liquids to get other flavours. I only use FDA approves liquids (for what its worth). I actually prefer it to smoking. Which I used to really enjoy.

I am hoping from one of these for my birthday:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0466/3585/products/IMAG2366_1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1407352947

Oh yea. Yea I am.