Jos Hooiveld to Burnley?

Saint-Armstrong

At no point did I say he didn't play a significant number of games, what I said is that he was out of his depth in the Premier League. I think we stayed up in 2012/13 despite him playing, rather than because he did. He was the weaklink whenever he played in the Premier League and was someone opponents would look to exploit, even in games we won and/or kept clean sheets.

At Championship level his defienciencies can be glossed over and he showed himself to be effective in our promotion campaign. The Premier League is a different matter and he is a signicant weakling that makes extra work for his team-mates to cover his lack of pace, positional awareness and distribution errors.

bart-simpson-generator.php?line=i+will+not+try+so+hard+to+correct+others

Burnley have signed a core of players with decent Premiership experience, who are good characters and will not upset the strong team ethic that got them promotion.

It's extremely sensible management. Bit surprised that Matthew Le God is critical of this.

Burnley have probably the tightest budget in the PL....I hope they manage to stay up tbh

Burnley have signed a core of players with decent Premiership experience, who are good characters and will not upset the strong team ethic that got them promotion.

It's extremely sensible management. Bit surprised that Matthew Le God is critical of this.

Except they have done no such thing.

They've signed a gaggle of freebies and cheapos with barely a top flight appearance between them.

Oh **** it. Turkish is off ignore for the first time in 15 months. I've read his last post.

Those two posts he quoted of mine do NOT contradict each other.

I think we stayed up in 2012/13 despite Hooiveld playing, rather than because he did. He was the weaklink whenever he played in the Premier League and was someone opponents would look to exploit, even in games we won and/or kept clean sheets.

If he was the target for other teams to exploit us and we stayed up comfortably, does this not suggest Hoolveld played very well in those games, particularly the games where we won and/or kept clean sheets?

If Jos goes, good luck to him, he's been a big part of the promotion years. Lallana and others went for their benefit and gave us the two fingers and who cares what happens to them next, I don't, but Jos I wish the best (as long as he doesn't keep Burnley up at our expense)

Oh **** it. Turkish is off ignore for the first time in 15 months. I've read his last post.

Those two posts he quoted of mine do NOT contradict each other.

I think we stayed up in 2012/13 despite Hooiveld playing, rather than because he did. He was the weaklink whenever he played in the Premier League and was someone opponents would look to exploit, even in games we won and/or kept clean sheets.

One might say that we might not have got promotion... if Hooiveld hadn't been with us in the promotion season.

You can analyse it any way you like, but Jos scored two vitally important goals (both against West Ham. A 1-0 home , and 1-1 draw away. At the end of that season, we got automatic promotion, and WHam went into the play-offs. Without those particular 4 points, it might well have been the other way around.

However, I do agree that Jos was less than convincing in the first season, but he shouldn't be faulted too much...as Fonte had a very indifferent season, and too much has been written about Fox already.

The OG's were (for the most part) down to bad luck, rather than him being totally blameworthy. Several of them were unfortunate deflections ... and it's not as if he did a Gareth Barry every time.

If he does go I'll wish him well, I think he has a season or two left in him, and it'd be shame if he was on our bench for 30-odd games.