Taider Leaving Already

Saint Charlie

So what happens re Osvaldo. Wasn't Tadir part of the loan deal?[/QUOTE]

Deal ? What deal ?

The whole "Deal" stinks to high heaven IMHO

What's to be confused about? Osvaldo went there, Taider came here. Seems straightforward.

What's to be confused about? Osvaldo went there, Taider came here. Seems straightforward.

To be fair, quite a few people on here (myself included) had assumed that the two loans were part of a single deal arranged between the clubs involved. We clearly wanted shot of osvaldo, but his wages meant a sweetener was required. I'm prepared to accept that we'd have gone in for taider anyway, and they'd have wanted osvaldo anyway, but that scenario does seem a little dubious on the face of it, especially given the position taider plays is one we really didn't need to strengthen.

Guardian report: Taider set for the exit after

three weeks

Saphir Taider is set to leave Southampton three weeks after arriving on a season-long loan. The 22-year-old midfielder joined on 6 August from Internazionale, with a view to signing permanently. The deal saw Southampton’s record signing Dani Osvaldo go the other way, although Taider’s spell at St Mary’s has been even more farcical than the Italy international’s. It is understood the midfielder, an unused substitute in all three of Southampton’s matches, is to head back to Italy. Taider did not fit into the group of players or the manager Ronald Koeman’s worth ethic. The Algeria international is reportedly set to complete a move to the Serie A side Sassuolo, although his departure does not affect Osvaldo’s loan deal at San Siro.

PA

Sack the board! Le reed out!

Loanee who was "unused sub" at best now off the books. End of life! We are all going to die!

Or alternatively someone on the payroll is now off the payroll, was never liekyl to be an important element here, doesnt seem to have fitted in/wanted to fit in or whatever. Where exactly is the negative?

Sack the board! les reeed is a for FFS

To be fair, quite a few people on here (myself included) had assumed that the two loans were part of a single deal arranged between the clubs involved. We clearly wanted shot of osvaldo, but his wages meant a sweetener was required. I'm prepared to accept that we'd have gone in for taider anyway, and they'd have wanted osvaldo anyway, but that scenario does seem a little dubious on the face of it, especially given the position taider plays is one we really didn't need to strengthen.

I don't get why its thought the deal(s) could be "dubious" or that it "stinks" as someone else said. One player went in each direction. The one we got hasn't worked out. Nothing to see on any level IMO.

Loanee who was "unused sub" at best now off the books. End of life! We are all going to die!

Or alternatively someone on the payroll is now off the payroll, was never liekyl to be an important element here, doesnt seem to have fitted in/wanted to fit in or whatever. Where exactly is the negative?

You have missed the point a bit havent you ?

The club, Les Reed then, keep banging on about how thoroughly they look at players, they look to see if their temprement is right, if they will fit in, all the stuff that surrounds a player, not just what he can do on the pitch BEFORE they sign that player.

So we hear all that, we get someone in, wonderful group of lads speech blah blah blah and then 3 weeks later one of these top researched players is off because he doesnt fit in with the others ad he cant hack the training.

Now you tell me how this wonderful research the club supposedly do fits in with that situation then ?

And you can add Osvaldo and the disaster he was to that too cos its the same situation, didnt fit in, ended up headbutting a senior player, as you do !!

Edited by beatlesaint

Did find it Weird he hadn't played a minute for us in a league match,personally think he fell out with koeman behind the scenes and probably thought he didn't need to train as hard as the others, bit of a joke really though doesn't look good on the club even though its probably not their fault

I don't get why its thought the deal(s) could be "dubious" or that it "stinks" as someone else said. One player went in each direction. The one we got hasn't worked out. Nothing to see on any level IMO.

We shipped out a player on loan we desperately wanted rid of, and took in a player we simply didn't need. iirc, both deals announced at the same time. The logical assumption would be that the deals were connected. Midfield is the one area we already have a surplus in, unless/until corky and morgan get sold.

Posters like you always equate clapping mindlessly like a seal at every club decision as support.

And posters like you moan and look for negatives in everything the club...

Where did i say i support every decision?...

But wailing an whining like a toddler because a player has gone for reasons unknown is bit pathetic..

He could have turned out good but equally turned out bad and posters like you would have slagged off the club for

letting him stay..... but perhaps that`s where you get off

We shipped out a player on loan we desperately wanted rid of, and took in a player we simply didn't need. iirc, both deals announced at the same time. The logical assumption would be that the deals were connected. Midfield is the one area we already have a surplus in, unless/until corky and morgan get sold.

I'm aware of that but what's "dubious" about that and what "stinks"? Sounds like a well considered business decision.

And posters like you moan and look for negatives in everything the club...

Where did i say i support every decision?...

But wailing an whining like a toddler because a player has gone for reasons unknown is bit pathetic..

He could have turned out good but equally turned out bad and posters like you would have slagged off the club for

letting him stay..... but perhaps that`s where you get off

Nope. Praised the club for signing forster and tadic. Also our performance against Liverpool if you fancy going back to check. Problem is these things are never commented on so you assume I am always looking for a negative which is simply not the case.

No one has whined like a toddler, it's just another weakening of the squad and yet another bad news story this summer. Losing someone who no doubt would have been a useful squad addition as the season progressed is hardly reason to cheer is it? Your last sentence is nonsensical rubbish to be perfectly honest. No one would have slagged the club off had he stayed.

Nope. Praised the club for signing forster and tadic. Also our performance against Liverpool if you fancy going back to check. Problem is these things are never commented on so you assume I am always looking for a negative which is simply not the case.

No one has whined like a toddler, it's just another weakening of the squad and yet another bad news story this summer. Losing someone who no doubt would have been a useful squad addition as the season progressed is hardly reason to cheer is it? Your last sentence is nonsensical rubbish to be perfectly honest. No one would have slagged the club off had he stayed.

You must of had an orgasm when this was announced, another stick to beat the club with!, with fans like you, who'd need enemies!

Is it weakening ? Aslong as we keep morgan and cork Im not entirely sure its particularly weakening imo. I imagine he was brought in as the club hedged their bets on a CM leaving.

Shame as he looked a good player, but ultimately somethings gone wrong and he doesnt want to be here any more, plus RK isnt enthused about him. I dont think this is one to beat the club with tbh. Theyve done enough wrong over the summer but ultimately this isnt a position I was ever worried about

Is it weakening ? Aslong as we keep morgan and cork Im not entirely sure its particularly weakening imo. I imagine he was brought in as the club hedged their bets on a CM leaving.

Shame as he looked a good player, but ultimately somethings gone wrong and he doesnt want to be here any more, plus RK isnt enthused about him. I dont think this is one to beat the club with tbh. Theyve done enough wrong over the summer but ultimately this isnt a position I was ever worried about

Yeah have to say i'm not that bothered by departure. Seemed more in the way of the likes of Reed in the pecking order and given how highly i rate Cork i'm glad he hasn't turned out to be his replacement.

Still think its a bit of a mess up by the club and doesn't make them look good. Another Forren.

Ever heard of the straw that broke the camels back? On its own this is a nothing incident but after all else that's happened in the last six months this possibly can be called the last straw!

Yet another sign of a board that really is out of its depth in todays football business!

Ever heard of the straw that broke the camels back? On its own this is a nothing incident but after all else that's happened in the last six months this possibly can be called the last straw!

Yet another sign of a board that really is out of its depth in todays football business!

The deluded few find that concept difficult to grasp.

Ever heard of the straw that broke the camels back?

I thought that was cortese?

Oh no wait it was MoPo.

Actually no it was Lovren.

Then again was it Lallana?

No, definitely Chambers.

Or Schniderlin/Cork/Boruc

Or Ralph. Or Kat. Or Les. Or Long. Or Pellé. Or the Apple lady. Or the Stripes, or not.

Taïder is of no consequence at all.

Hard to tell these days but I guess this is meant to be sarcastic??

Out of depth in signings this summer???

Forster? - papers now saying challenging for England No1.

Bertrand? From nowhere, playing well, talked about as returning to England squad.

Tadic? - Danny Murphy's nomination as best performing new signing in early games.

Koeman x 2?

Sammy Lee / Dave Watson?

Reckon Pelle / long will be decent signings.

If any board could have kept Lallana / lovren here and performing happily then yes they are at fault, although think got excellent money for them.

I would rather Shaw had stayed but not too upset with Bertrand / Targett plus £20m!

You and others would have slagged him off if he was poor...and you know it

I'm aware of that but what's "dubious" about that and what "stinks"? Sounds like a well considered business decision.

You seemed to have been dismissing any possibility that the two loan deals could have been connected. It seems impossible to me that they weren't. Its a step too far for me to believe that of all the players in all the clubs in this whole wide world, we wanted to sign taider to reinforce the only part of our squad that didn't need reinforcing, and that particular club just happened to want a player we were desperate to get shot of. And both deals just happened to coincide, practically to the minute and got announced at the same time.

You seemed to have been dismissing any possibility that the two loan deals could have been connected. It seems impossible to me that they weren't. Its a step too far for me to believe that of all the players in all the clubs in this whole wide world, we wanted to sign taider to reinforce the only part of our squad that didn't need reinforcing, and that particular club just happened to want a player we were desperate to get shot of. And both deals just happened to coincide, practically to the minute and got announced at the same time.

So, is Osvaldo on the plane back to Eastleigh, then?

So, is Osvaldo on the plane back to Eastleigh, then?

Hopefully not.

Do you think the two deals were completely unconnected then? That we'd have signed taider regardless, and they'd have signed Osvaldo at the same time? Simple coincidence?

Do you think the two deals were completely unconnected then? That we'd have signed taider regardless, and they'd have signed Osvaldo at the same time? Simple coincidence?

The two players were basically swapped, so of course the deals were connected.

What's the point you're making?

The two players were basically swapped, so of course the deals were connected.

What's the point you're making?

Surprised anyone can disagree with this. SFC have been able to pass the loan on to Sassuolo so there is no adverse effect on InterMilan. If the loan had simply been cancelled, then we might well have seen Osvaldo on his way back. In reality of course, it couldn't be cancelled without the agreement of all parties.

Don't be such a drama queen.