...and what about transfers OUT ?

david in sweden

Seems RK may have missed some of those targets on his wish list, but what about those " spare bodies " on the books who are most unlikely to make it this season.?

Boruc seems to have declared his intentions to be a no.1 keeper and may well move on, but he won't want to drop a division (and lose his Polish spot) - so he may end up moving back to Poland.

Paulo Gazzaniga never established himself as a fans favourite, and did little to improve his image whenever he did get the chance to play. Surely a loan-out here, as he still has a contract, and tbf...even Cody Cropper looks to be a more likely prospect for the longer term.

Rumours surrounding Jos Hooiveld maybe only paper talk, but he too won't get many chances if he stays, with Gardos newly-signed and young Jack Stephens in the frame now.

Even after all the bally-hoo about Jack Cork's future, I'm betting he will stay (it'd be a poor decision to let him go - regardless of whatever fee).

The departure of Taider has surprised everyone,(though difficult to see where he would have fitted in), as there are several Academy graduates who stand a better chance of getting game time.

then we have... Emmanuel Mayuka; I'm sure he must have seemed a good prospect two years ago, but subsequently ignored by both Adkins and Pochettino, it's difficult to see what lies ahead for someone who hasn't even made the bench since pre-season. Another loan-out seems likely because of his long contract.

A number of Academy lads are on the brink; Isgrove was getting game time *****il his injury) but I'm assumimg that RK will have found a more suitable solution by the time Lloyd recovers fitness.

CB Jordan Turnbull has already been loaned-out to Swindon, (Jack Stephens impressed there last season), but a few others will need league experence if they contemplate a future career in the Prem.

Only a couple of days left before the window closes (what a terrible pun that is) ....but although we may see a couple more of RK's choices coming in, there are sure to be a few more going out.

Edited by david in sweden

We don't actually have that many players you'd really want to get rid of though, if you exclude as-yet-unproven academy players.

Jos, Mayuka and Gazza are the three I can think of and even those aren't the worst to have hanging around. Boruc is almost certainly gone, but you need a buyer before you can sell someone!

Academy players who aren't yet ready may benefit from a loan away, but even that's not desperate since they'll be around arguably better players and training facilities if they stay.