Fap time

Aziz Yebda

It's a video I'm afraid. Hilarious though.

"It'll be funny!"

Yes. Yes it will.

Agree with Mrs Jonnyboy, if you take the picture you take the risk of it getting out there. Given the harassment of celebs by the paparazzi and other media now i'm surprised that a lot of them were still stupid enough to have naked pictures on their phones. I just hope nobody gets hold of my nudes :scared: #beefybotham

My Mrs said you've got to be a bit stupid in this day and age to take those sort of pics on any phone even if private and even more so if you are a celebrity. So not much sympathy for feminist icon J Law from the female at this end.

So presumably it's also stupid to have your bank details, personal info and photos of your kids on secure online servers too?

Or then perhaps we could recognise these women are the victims of a crime rather than blaming them.

So presumably it's also stupid to have your bank details, personal info and photos of your kids on secure online servers too?

Or then perhaps we could recognise these women are the victims of a crime rather than blaming them.

If somebody gets hold of your sort code and account number it doesn't change your public perception. Naked photos do. Obviously they're victims, but with more thought they needn't have been.

If somebody gets hold of your sort code and account number it doesn't change your public perception. Naked photos do. Obviously they're victims, but with more thought they needn't have been.

Sorry, disagree with this entirely.

It's the internet equivalent of - "well she shouldn't have worn such a short skirt".

Who they are is besides the point. It's still f*cking wrong! especially given id be willing to place a large sum on the fact that the people commit these crimes (it is absolutely a crime) were most likely amongst those that were the most offended about NSA snooping.

But hey, they are celebrity attention whores - if they didn't want me to see it they shouldn't have taken these pictures. They basically owe us it.

Yes, as is probably obvious from my posting history - I think men are vile. #sorrynotsorry

Don't kid yourself, nothing online is secure. The only reason I bank online is because the banks have to legally cover any losses if you get hacked. And I resigned myself long ago that Google and Zuckerberg have access to all my family photos.

I lol that J Law has been held up as this feminist icon but in her spare time it turns out she shaves herself bald and poses like barbie.

Don't kid yourself, nothing online is secure. The only reason I bank online is because the banks have to legally cover any losses if you get hacked. And I resigned myself long ago that Google and Zuckerberg have access to all my family photos.

I lol that J Law has been held up as this feminist icon but in her spare time it turns out she shaves herself bald and poses like barbie.

Why should she not, if she chooses, be able to take photos of herself privately, or groom herself as she wishes without it being a public thing?

It's the internet equivalent of - "well she shouldn't have worn such a short skirt".

Who they are is besides the point. It's still f*cking wrong! especially given id be willing to place a large sum on the fact that the people commit these crimes (it is absolutely a crime) were most likely amongst those that were the most offended about NSA snooping.

But hey, they are celebrity attention whores - if they didn't want me to see it they shouldn't have taken these pictures. They basically owe us it.

Yes, as is probably obvious from my posting history - I think men are vile. #sorrynotsorry

I'm not saying that at all, obviously it's wrong and it's a crime. However there's so little privacy nowadays especially if you're in the public eye that you can't take any risks - especially with technology involved (clouds and all that). With all the NSA/phone hacking scandals recently you would've thought they'd err on the side of caution and not do this kind of thing without being willing to run the risk of a leak. I understand they're humans too but with the way they're hounded on a daily basis by the paps, you would think they'd avoid that kind of behaviour. I probably would if it was me in that situation.

Of course I feel sorry for those involved, it really must be a horrible thing to happen, but imo they are still partially to blame for this. No pictures, no leak. Just my two cents. Not trying to justify the actions of those who committed the crime by hacking, but yeah.

I'm not saying that at all, obviously it's wrong and it's a crime. However there's so little privacy nowadays especially if you're in the public eye that you can't take any risks - especially with technology involved (clouds and all that). With all the NSA/phone hacking scandals recently you would've thought they'd err on the side of caution and not do this kind of thing without being willing to run the risk of a leak. I understand they're humans too but with the way they're hounded on a daily basis by the paps, you would think they'd avoid that kind of behaviour. I probably would if it was me in that situation.

Of course I feel sorry for those involved, it really must be a horrible thing to happen, but imo they are still partially to blame for this. No pictures, no leak. Just my two cents. Not trying to justify the actions of those who committed the crime by hacking, but yeah.

I'm sorry mikey, you know I like you, but I still have a fundamental problem with blaming the victims (women) for actions of men committing offences against.

Again, I admit I am something of a feminist/SJW etc and I know that isn't too well received round these parts. But I honestly believe it is a dangerous precedent. In my opinion it is like the analogy above, or blaming a rape victim for being too drunk etc. I don't know if you saw ceelo greens recent (abhorrent) comments - "it's not rape if she's unconscious". This idea that women are to blame for acts committed against them is shocking, and yeah I'm unashamed in thinking it has to stop.

I'm sorry mikey, you know I like you, but I still have a fundamental problem with blaming the victims (women) for actions of men committing offences against.

Again, I admit I am something of a feminist/SJW etc and I know that isn't too well received round these parts. But I honestly believe it is a dangerous precedent. In my opinion it is like the analogy above, or blaming a rape victim for being too drunk etc. I don't know if you saw ceelo greens recent (abhorrent) comments - "it's not rape if she's unconscious". This idea that women are to blame for acts committed against them is shocking, and yeah I'm unashamed in thinking it has to stop.

Likewise, and I understand your feelings towards this. However, they were all complicit in taking the photographs. Nobody forced them to do it. I'm not blaming them wholly for what happened, but you have to admit that without taking the pictures this wouldn't have happened in the first place. Obviously those who invaded their privacy and took those pictures are the ones who have committed the offence, but it's a risk you run if you indulge in that kind of behaviour. I would say exactly the same thing were it a male celebrity this had happened to (and it has, several times recently without attention like this). I'm also not going to pretend like I am completely pious and expect people to remain abstinent and not do anything like this, but my stance is if you consent to doing something that could potentially have this kind of knock-on effect you have to take that into consideration beforehand.

Maybe i'm biased, but I don't think you can equate my particular viewpoint on this to comments like the ones you mentioned about drunk rape victims etc. I find statements like those absolutely abhorrent, and I think there is definitely a problem in society still with objectification and a "blame culture". There have been several articles i've read recently about comments like those coming from politicians, judges, solicitors and all sorts of highly powerful members of society and it is shocking to see that people genuinely think like that and it's not some kind of dark joke. This situation has arisen from some slightly irresponsible behaviour (for 'irresponsible' read 'human') and not enough respect for personal boundaries and privacy. Unfortunately, that just seems to be the way things are right now - and we can only do what we can to change that.

you put a good post and then you finished it with yor last comment. If a man had put that up about about women you would want them banned. Not all men are vile, and you have issues that you should address if you believe your sad comment.

Have you uploaded your bank details to cloud based storage? If so you are an imbecile.

There are two separate things here. The bloke who hacked the account is wrong and an idiot for doing so. The celebs who uploaded embarrassing naked photos and videos of themselves into the cloud are also idiots who have to take their share of the blame.

Oh how nature abhors a vacuum.

[clears throat...eherm]

In case anyone has misplaced their navigational device, this is People's Republic of The Muppet Show.

Just like ISIS, ISL or IS, but remove body parts below the waist, we fought hard for this territory to be run according the rules of anarchy.

We see TMS as being like TORing round the dark web, and Barry Sanchez (or Dune) started this thread so that the seedy pictures and videos could be 'enjoyed'.

I think his idea was that this would be some sort of penile dysfunction treatment...

Men would come here and view these images, and whilst attempting to become 'aroused' their mind would wander to all the other Muppets that were at that same time delicately touching themselves waiting for the blood to arrive.

Then, like some spooky demonstration of a strange male sixth sense that connects men telepathically, the thought that other men around the south coast of England and further afield would also be touching themselves allowed each of them to simultaneously and mutually achieve erection.

So take your morals to the infidels in The Lounge and let the masturbators masturbate. Or there will be consequences.

Please.

The PRoTMS!

You are very much correct Bletch. May I please extend sincere apologies to all muppets, wherever they may be.

This is a hot button subject at the minute in my industry and some female friends and colleagues have been on the receiving end of some really vile harassment and abuse. I used the muppet show to vent my spleen, and that was wrong, I am sorry.

I shall endeavour to behave better in future, and not let everyday problems spill over into this once safe haven of muppetry.

Sincerely,

KRG

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

But while I'm here, I suppose it would be churlish not to comment

There are two separate things here. The bloke who hacked the account is wrong and an idiot for doing so. The celebs who uploaded embarrassing naked photos and videos of themselves into the cloud are also idiots who have to take their share of the blame.

I think you'll find that many of the celebs, not being the most technically aware, had not actively uploaded things to The Cloud, but had instead not turned off the auto-backup facility.

I believe that others also claim to have deleted the files from their phones and are speculating that the files were recovered in some way.

Your point is valid though, taking those sort of pictures means you run a risk of them being seen by a third-party. Forget The Cloud, what if you were to simply leave your unlocked phone on the train?

Have you uploaded your bank details to cloud based storage? If so you are an imbecile.

Well, yes and no.

Assuming these things are encrypted - mine are, then if your average hacker were to try to break very strong encryption using a desktop machine, on average it would take millions of years. We shouldn't feel smug and complacent about this, but it shows the efforts people would have to go to to crack just one piece of encrypted information.

Organised criminal gangs could theoretically create a grid of cooperating computers and bring more power to the job, but again you're looking at a lot of processing power and a lot of time.

[pap to TMS please...] Now, if your government were to put a concerted effort into accessing your information, then they could certainly bring the sort of resources required to significantly shorten the time required to crack encryption. Not that they'd ever do that. Ever.

Over time computing power will increase and this will make it viable to crack older encryption methods in near real-time. But something like a 2048 bit encryption would, on average, still take quadrillions of years to decrypt using standard computing power. That's 10 raised to the power 15 or a thousand, million, million years.

BTW, did you know that exporting very strong strong encryption software is managed by the same laws in the US that pertain to exporting nuclear elements. Why would that be?

BTW2, did you know that reputable sites never actually store your passwords. Even if there servers are hacked, your plain text passwords are not exposed. I find that non-technical people that I talk to often assume that somewhere there is a big database with all of their passwords sitting there in plain sight waiting for any hacker to steal. Instead, some really smart maths is used to check that the password you enter is the one you registered with the site. Non-technical people often then ask, "how can that be?", and I then go on to bore them to death with the answer. You have been spared.

Apple's iCloud suspected as source of leak.

Macsturbators feeling the shame after the inspiration.

Apple are saying that it wasn't their service that was breached, but inistead the celebs' passwords were instead inferred or cracked. Personally I feel that amounts to much the same thing.

Toke's a ****.

You are very much correct Bletch. May I please extend sincere apologies to all muppets, wherever they may be.

This is a hot button subject at the minute in my industry and some female friends and colleagues have been on the receiving end of some really vile harassment and abuse. I used the muppet show to vent my spleen, and that was wrong, I am sorry.

I shall endeavour to behave better in future, and not let everyday problems spill over into this once safe haven of muppetry.

Sincerely,

KRG

I'm only yanking your tail KRG; more power to you.

I just hope you don't expect to get a fair hearing here.

A couple of comments on bletch's serious post.

He's right about the passwords. Most developers, myself included, generally use something called one-way hashing to store passwords. Any cleartext password goes through an algorithm, turning it into unreadable mush. That's what gets stored, and cannot be turned back into its original form. On subsequent logins, user enters password in cleartext and the same algorithm runs. If the user enters the right word, then the algorithm will produce the same unreadable mush, matching what has been stored, authenticating them.

With the recent revelations surrounding NSA/GCHQ and the wider FiveEyes project, think you have to take it as read that your data is not private, wherever it resides.

If you don't think there's more than enough of your personal information held in cloud based storage to ruin you in dozens of ways then you're an imbecile.

No-one who uploads pictures securely consents to then being stolen (again, like parents with pictures of their kids and paedos). Blaming them = sex crime apologism, as KRG said.

If you don't think there's more than enough of your personal information held in cloud based storage to ruin you in dozens of ways then you're an imbecile. No-one who uploads pictures securely consents to then being stolen (again, like parents with pictures of their kids and paedos). Blaming them = sex crime apologism, as KRG said.
How will it "ruin" me?

If you don't think there's more than enough of your personal information held in cloud based storage to ruin you in dozens of ways then you're an imbecile.

No-one who uploads pictures securely consents to then being stolen (again, like parents with pictures of their kids and paedos). Blaming them = sex crime apologism, as KRG said.

What is a paedophile going to do with a picture of a kid? It's that sort of illogical thinking stoked up by the media that my profession has to combat. How is that in any way comparable to storing naked photos of yourself in the cloud? And with regards to your first sentence, I never said there wasn't...

Edited by hypochondriac

So pap , what is the best way to store these photos? If they're behind some lock and hide app on a phone or tablet and not uploaded to any cloud is that safe? I'd hate the thought of Mrs duck plastered all over the internet, particularly if blokes were eating their breakfast at the time of stumbling across the pictures.

So pap , what is the best way to store these photos? If they're behind some lock and hide app on a phone or tablet and not uploaded to any cloud is that safe? I'd hate the thought of Mrs duck plastered all over the internet, particularly if blokes were eating their breakfast at the time of stumbling across the pictures.

Honestly don't know. At the very least, turn off any services which backup to cloud. Most of my keepsies are on FB, my local machine and/or external hard drives.

Genuinely don't remember taking/being in any photos that could be this level of embarrassing, so I'm not super-bothered.

Honestly don't know. At the very least, turn off any services which backup to cloud. Most of my keepsies are on FB, my local machine and/or external hard drives.

Genuinely don't remember taking/being in any photos that could be this level of embarrassing, so I'm not super-bothered.

Theres embarrassing, then there is bar rafaelli sticking curling tongs up her ass embarrassing.

Thankfully nobody wants to see naked smirking.