Transfer Deadline Day Thread!

nta786

I know he is getting a sheadload of money, but if you were a decent footballer, wouldnt you actually want to play each week?

I would personally, money isnt everything. If your earning circa 40k a week anyway then is that extra cash necessary ? Personally Id rather play regularly and try to win things.

I wonder whether some of these agents do things for the best interests of their players

Could hire a team of clowns? Might be much cheaper than keeping a player just bcos hes good for team morale?

The clowns would not be very good friends with some of the current players, enough so that they regularly get mentioned as being the 'funniest' player. Team morale at this time for us is priceless hence no more sales either. Although I won't deny you are the expert on clowns Gs ;)

I would personally, money isnt everything. If your earning circa 40k a week anyway then is that extra cash necessary ? Personally Id rather play regularly and try to win things.

I wonder whether some of these agents do things for the best interests of their players

As a kid I had a choice of subbing for the school 1st X1 or playing in the second team. After a while I decided to play for the second team as I wanted to play for 90 mins. Eventually I got a first team place so it paid off - but I hated being sub.

From, the OS statement on Taider

Southampton Football Club can confirm that it has agreed to terminate midfielder Saphir Taïder’s loan spell.

The midfielder joined Saints for the 2014/15 campaign but, having failed to live up to the high levels of commitment expected of Southampton players, that arrangement has been cut short by the club.

Do this mean that we now know the parent company is the one paying the wages in both Taider and Osvaldo's cases, hence we can terminate the loan deal without having to worry about getting Inter to agree to take him back on. or was that common knowledge?

Southampton Football Club can confirm that it has agreed to terminate midfielder Saphir Taïder’s loan spell.

The midfielder joined Saints for the 2014/15 campaign but, having failed to live up to the high levels of commitment expected of Southampton players, that arrangement has been cut short by the club.

Thats pretty unequivacal I would say.

You, me old mate, do not show enough commitment.

Bye bye.......

So with burnley getting boyd today could we see a last minute bid for ings with jos as part of the sweetener !??

my guess is no seeing as Boyd doesn't play up front, Burnley don't and won't sell Ings, are we are not looking for a central striker having signed Long. I've been wrong before though.

??? Boyd is a striker

I've seen him maybe 12 times live and not once did he ever play up front. Left midfield or left wing. Whatever. Ings won't be allowed to leave. Burnley want to stay in the division and know they need Ings to have any chance of that.