Our friend Neil Ashton

Lallana's Left Peg

'Have now discovered Schneiderlin's agent was in Southampton team hotel on Saturday to be told his client must keep his head down and perform and then the club will look at his situation again in January, but more likely next summer.

'Big issues with Victor Wanyama on the day of the gem too. He also wants out but Southampton are refusing to let him go. All got a bit tasty at the hotel before the game by all accounts, but players responded on the pitch by beating West Ham 3-1.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2739246/Transfer-News-DEADLINE-DAY-LIVE-Follow-deals-rumours-drama-unfolds.html

Relentless from Ashton. 10/10 for perseverance.

It's been obvious for a while Wanyama wants out so hardly surprising and Schneiderlin's problems are more than well documented.

Has it? He's played well apart from the Millwall game where he probably felt he didn't have to get out of second gear. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped for the West Ham game as Koeman won't allow complacency.

Neil Ashton adding 2+2 = 5. Not surprising that a Mail journalist can't add up as he certainly can't spell - it's 'game' not 'gem' you thick t wat. With 2-3 new arrivals and hopefully no major departures at SFC, time to read it and weep Neil. He'll be weeping even more soon once UKIP cut the Tory party in half.

Obvious in that he hasn't said a word about it. That kind of obvious?

Sorry, interview attached, just give me a second :)

Notice how he says very soon he will be going back to the Champions league, interview in the Kenyan Daily Post.

http://thebreakingnewskenya.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/victor-wanyama-reveals-champions-league-ambitions-hints-at-saints-exit/

Edited by farawaysaint

Really? What have I missed.

How has it been obvious ?

Has it? He's played well apart from the Millwall game where he probably felt he didn't have to get out of second gear. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped for the West Ham game as Koeman won't allow complacency.

Obvious in that he hasn't said a word about it. That kind of obvious?

y3Yxr.gif

Sorry, interview attached just give me a second :)

Notice how he says very soon he will be going back to the Champions league, interview in the Kenyan Daily Post.

http://thebreakingnewskenya.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/victor-wanyama-reveals-champions-league-ambitions-hints-at-saints-exit/

An interview he very soon afterwards said was basically made up.

I think you are being unfair here on Simon Jones. He and Ashton take it in turns to write something about Saints. I might be a little touchy but I can't recall a positive article since the Chief Exec (or whatever title he gave himself) decided he was going to be off. Maybe they will write something positive about us one day.

You can believe or disbelieve all you like. I am just saying that if you believe everything you read in the Mail you are going to be disappointed.

Same notion applies to when you disbelieve everything just because it's in the Mail......you may be disappointed...

Same notion applies to when you disbelieve everything just because it's in the Mail......you may be disappointed...

The Mail publishes a lot more rubbish about Saints than other papers but yes - there is a lot of cr*p printed. For example, Capel was supposed to have been a done deal today.

..so they all had a big falling out before the West Ham game... and MS chooses that game to come out and do what was a pretty positive interview...yes he didn't commit his future wholesale to the club... but why not just keep his head down.. if there had been a big fall out...

The discussion with SOG (see his post #20) has turned to the DM in general.

Is it not more the point that the things you are picking out are things that are being widely reported in several places.

This thing from Ashton is the only place I have heard of a falling out pre-match and Big Vic being desperate to leave, other than an 'interview' which the man himself said was untrue.

Is it not more the point that the things you are picking out are things that are being widely reported in several places.

This thing from Ashton is the only place I have heard of a falling out pre-match and Big Vic being desperate to leave, other than an 'interview' which the man himself said was untrue.

No that's not the point. The 'point' is ref post #20 or post #16. Papers are papers, journo's are journo's. The bottom line is there is a mix of BS and accuracy in all media and you have to fight you're way through it to find the truth. But to dismiss or believe everything is probably not the answer.

No that's not the point. The 'point' is ref post #20 or post #16. Papers are papers, journo's are journo's. The bottom line is there is a mix of BS and accuracy in all media and you have to fight you're way through it to find the truth. But to dismiss or believe everything is probably not the answer.

Well yes, that's obvious really.

No-one is disputing that really, are they?

Are you saying it's not true that I will only be able to buy halal meat at Tescos and that immigrants despite being behind me in the queue won't get served first?

The Mail publishes a lot more rubbish about Saints than other papers but yes - there is a lot of cr*p printed. For example, Capel was supposed to have been a done deal today.

More rubbish from The DM. Where will it ever end?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2748093/Francis-Benali-pushing-limit-ex-Southampton-defender-runs-1000-miles-three-weeks-Cancer-Research.html