Newcastle Build Up

Wiggles31

Feel confident about this one.

Which probably means we'll lose :mcinnes:

I always take a look at the Saints web site on Friday's to check out the photographs of the squad training, I have noticed that Koeman has them what appears to be juggling, can anyone tell me how this aids our players, is just hand eye coordination, if anyone can shed some light on this I would be interested to learn what the benefits are?

MLT certainly loved playing them. My favourite one was still when we were absolutely awful at the Dell, they were 2-0 up with a minute left. Last seconds of the game, don't nod it out to Le Tissier on the edge of the box.

That was great, but the 3-1 Pavel Srnicek game tops it for me due to the sheer comedy value of him dropping the ball at Neil Heaney's foot and the mayhem that ensued.

MLT certainly loved playing them. My favourite one was still when we were absolutely awful at the Dell, they were 2-0 up with a minute left. Last seconds of the game, don't nod it out to Le Tissier on the edge of the box.

That goal under the floodlights and the roar that accompanied it is always the first thing that springs into my mind when I think of the Dell. Can recall that volley past a diving Shaka Hislop far more vividly than any of the ones at Upton Park the other week!

I always take a look at the Saints web site on Friday's to check out the photographs of the squad training, I have noticed that Koeman has them what appears to be juggling, can anyone tell me how this aids our players, is just hand eye coordination, if anyone can shed some light on this I would be interested to learn what the benefits are?

They've been doing that since the first day or so of pre-season. Not quite sure what it brings apart from concentration and hand/eye but it must do something!

It's Life Kinetics (http://www.lifekinetik.com)

Dortmund use it too.

That goal under the floodlights and the roar that accompanied it is always the first thing that springs into my mind when I think of the Dell. Can recall that volley past a diving Shaka Hislop far more vividly than any of the ones at Upton Park the other week!

To this day that was the loudest roar I've ever heard for a Saints goal. Lamberts goal against the skates in the cup comes close, but didn't beat it.

As already mentioned, I think it was just a case of the fact they played us of the park for the whole game - Two minutes to go and Le Tiss plays Maddison through with a 40 yard ball and then two minutes later gets us a point.

Wasn't that goal after he came back after being dropped by Branfoot? Branfoot didn't look very happy in that clip, did he, which is strange considering MLT had just earned the side a point.

Yep it was the first game back and he didnt look happy because he was just about to haul him off and replace him with the far more effective and dangerous Paul Moody ;)

Yep it was the first game back and he didnt look happy because he was just about to haul him off and replace him with the far more effective and dangerous Paul Moody ;)

He had the card with number 7 on it ready and you can see him turn round and say "Moods, sit down". Branfoot never understood flair or genius. I'm hoping for a couple of similar goals today :)

Gordon Simpson ‏@gordonsimpson · 2m

saintsfc team (as per press TV screens): Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Alderweireld, Bertrand, Schneiderlin, Cork, Davis, Tadic, Long, Pelle.

Gordon Simpson ‏@gordonsimpson · 2m

Subs listed as: Davis, Yoshida, Gardos, Wanyama, Ward-Prowse, Mayuka, McQueen #saintsfc

More defensive team than I was expecting given that Newcastle are likely to be setting up for a 0-0 draw as Pardew's job is on the line...

Funny how we see things differently

Cork instead of Wanyama must be seen as more attacking

West Ham second half

Edited by Andy Durman