ozzmeister

For me it's:

---------------Forster----------------

Clyne-Fonte-Alderweireld-Bertrand

--------Morgan---Wanyama---------

Tadic---------------------------Mane

------------Long---------------------

---------------Pelle------------------

Maybe Morgan just ahead of Wanyama, plus Tadic and Mane switching sides during the game, but something like that.

For me it's:

Maybe Morgan just ahead of Wanyama, plus Tadic and Mane switching sides during the game, but something like that.

That works for me, i think defensively we are actually stronger than last season especially with Florin as well, midfield looks good too with Tadic and Mane and of course J.W.P., Strikers Long and Pelle with J Rod coming back next month not bad at all I.M.O.

I've no idea...and that's a good thing. Choice and competition.

we are now in a position where we can pick a starting 11 based on the opposition , quietly confident of having a good season now , i think Koeman and the board have done a very good job in handling a very difficult summer transfer window , got rid of the moaners at a massive profit and now have a squad that want's to perform for the club....

i'm now a happy saints fan again , here's to another good season , onwards and upwards ....

For me it's:

Of starting eleven, seven are new signings. Will be interesting...

i think a 4-1-4-1 type team (or 4-3-3 if you like)

Forster

Clyne Alderweireld Fonte Bertrand

Wanyama

Mane Schneiderlin JWP/Cork Tadic

Pelle

With J-Rod to come back in when fit. Great thing is i think we can rotate at nearly all positions and formations if and when we need to

I hope that Boruc will now get his head down and do his bit for the squad.

Tbf he needs to be first choice at his stage of his career, I imagine he will be off as Forster has come straight in without earning his place although his performances have been generally good so far

I couldn't give a sh!te if none of our players are from our academy as long as the team performs well. It's not like any of them showed an ounce of loyalty.

i do understand that its just that my memories of the last 54 years support, probably through rose coloured specs, was that the best years when we had players who i thought genuinely cared about the club and the area.

hope i am wrong but just feel that this summers events has ruined by simplistic view of supporting my team

sad i know

probably a good team just sad that the days when we were the premier team with regards to english players appears to have gone' date=' we are now no different to the other clubs[/quote']

Our starting line up against West Ham had Forster, Clyne, Bertrand, Ward Prowse, as well as one Irish (Long) and one Northern Irish (Davis) - that's still better than a lot of clubs.

£12m for Shane Long and most people haven't even got him in their predicted starting 11. A very expensive substitute. That said, so was Gaston. Of all the business we've done, Long is the one deal I simply don't understand. I'd have rather kept £12m and Gaston. I honestly don't believe we'd be any worse off as a team.

3-5-2

--------------------Forster

------Alderweirald---Fonte---Gardos

-Clyne--------------------------- Bertrand

-------------------Cork/Morgan

-----------Morgan/Jwp -------Tadic

---------------Pelle--- Mane--

4-3-3

----------------Forster

Clyne---Alderweirald--Gardos/Fonte---Bertrand

-----------------Cork

----------Jwp --------Morgan

---Tadic------ Pelle---------- Mane

A lot of people are posting line-ups that are far too attacking for most games... I don't think Koeman would go with a line up that includes Pelle, Long, Mane and Long/Rodriguez. That would be like going back to the attacking 4-3-3 that Adkins was failing with in the early days back in the Prem... not enough balance.

It'll be 3 attacking players at most I'd say, usually including Pelle and Tadic, with the 3rd being selected from Mane, Long & Rodriguez. Of course, it's possible that for some games Long or Rodriguez may replace Pelle in the central striker role. And perhaps you might get the odd game without Tadic and Mane taking on that role.

That said, I also think some of the 3-5-2 line-ups posted are too defensive. By adding an extra central defender, I really think you then don't need both of Schneiderlin and Wanyama... seems like overkill. I can't see Schneiderlin getting dropped, so it would probably be Wanyama missing out, or perhaps even occasionally moving to play in the 3 at the back.

Also don't see Fonte, as captain and a solid performer, being dropped. In a 4-4-2, someone out of him and Alderweireld will have to play as left sided CB. They're professionals so will have to adapt to what isn't a massive positional change. I see Lovren switched from the left to the right for Liverpool against Spurs, and if a **** like him can do it...