Arsenal Away - £10 Tickets - SOLD OUT

Nexstar

Well they've only sold the first blocks of about 4/5.

First blocks being how many? 2? 3? Accuracy of info is doubtful here due to general assumption from the sound of it, unless you work at the TO? Tickets haven't even gone on sale to just season ticket holders yet which is the largest grouping in which sales would be expected if fans are holding back waiting to get tickets with their mates.

Is the 6000 just n initial allocation ?

It's just over 5,000 and there's been no mention of a possible further allocation, yet.

And to a previous poster, of course there's still "lots" left (whatever lots is?) as there still only on restricted ST sales,"lots" of season ticket holders can't buy them until next Friday.

Anything north of 3.5k will be good turn out for a tough midweek league cup game. Should be good, looking forward to it :) I'm gonna end up cutting it fine, getting the train to London after work!

Likewise, I'll never make KO but I can't resist.

First blocks being how many? 2? 3? Accuracy of info is doubtful here due to general assumption from the sound of it, unless you work at the TO? Tickets haven't even gone on sale to just season ticket holders yet which is the largest grouping in which sales would be expected if fans are holding back waiting to get tickets with their mates.

Sorry, I'd ran out of messages for the day. The reason I said it was that I had asked at the ticket office how they were selling, and was told general sale looks very likely. Not sure if that's changed more as of more recently.

I complained, yesterday, about the fact that the regular away fans, by buying their tickets first, got the worse seats. e.g. West Ham. I'm pi ssed off sitting in the front row, with view obscured by stewards and corner flags!

The "line manageress" who was fetched to answer me, made out it was purely down to the home teams insisting the tickets were sold in order for "stewarding" reasons. I pointed out that it wouldnt matter if they sold them from the top row down, but was met with the same mantra, that they were only obeying orders.

Its the complete intransigence, that I thought had ended with the demise of Cortese, that gets my goat. Can you imagine a theatre or cinema treating its customers

that way?

Wish I'd waited a few days to get mine now, in block 20 which is on the side rather than behind the goal :sulk:

Is that the usual "first block" of away fans ? I was there last season and its like looking along the goal line so everyone spends most of the game stood facing their right.

I've waited to get my ticket tomorrow so a season ticket with no away games on can start to build some loyalty , will be interesting to see what block number we are up to for sales.

Those posters above dashing up after work you can actually do it quite quickly from Waterloo on bakerloo line changing at Oxford circus onto Victoria line.

If we do sell out when was the last time we took this many away midweek? (If you count bank holiday monday I think 6000 to Palace in championship promotion season)

If we do sell out when was the last time we took this many away midweek? (If you count bank holiday monday I think 6000 to Palace in championship promotion season)

It must be Derby away in the play-offs, around 5,000. Other than that there were some good away crowds in the lower leagues, we took 3,000 to Charlton and Peterborough midweek.

Bit harsh on the loyal regular travellers to get the worst (if any actually exist at the Emirates!) seats.

I complained, yesterday, about the fact that the regular away fans, by buying their tickets first, got the worse seats. e.g. West Ham. I'm pi ssed off sitting in the front row, with view obscured by stewards and corner flags!

The "line manageress" who was fetched to answer me, made out it was purely down to the home teams insisting the tickets were sold in order for "stewarding" reasons. I pointed out that it wouldnt matter if they sold them from the top row down, but was met with the same mantra, that they were only obeying orders.

Its the complete intransigence, that I thought had ended with the demise of Cortese, that gets my goat. Can you imagine a theatre or cinema treating its customers

that way?

Spot on. ****es me off too.

that way?

Agreed. I've been lumbered with front or lower rows several times. The worst is Arsenal where your head's at virtually pitch level. Also West Ham where you can end up tucked up the front corner which is miles from the pitch and your view is obstructed by Stewards. I don't put up with it now. I find a space higher up and squeeze in which is possible when standing.

I'm not sure, but looking at the stadium plan above I think we normally get 20, 21 & 22 for league games.

I'd guess blocks 23 & 24 to complete this allocation?

I think that's correct so once we've sold block 22 that will be the first 3000 sold with over 2000 tickets still to go.

The fact I think we've got a real chance of winning at the Emirates £10 is a bargain to go

The lad and I have suddenly got dental appointments that day. Early out of school for both if us. :D

Lol.

That reminds me of the Peterborough game in the promotion season. I wrote a letter to the school about my lads dental appointment. The deputy head was his tutor and when he handed the letter in he said " Peterborough have some great dentists" .

I think that's correct so once we've sold block 22 that will be the first 3000 sold with over 2000 tickets still to go.

The fact I think we've got a real chance of winning at the Emirates £10 is a bargain to go

Looks like around half of the allocation already sold, not bad as today is the first time they go on sale unrestricted to season ticket holders and still don't go on General Sale until sometime next week. If you can buy tickets at the stadium tomorrow that could well eat up a big chunk before it gets to GS.

Really want to make this one. I can rarely afford to travel to Southampton for a match or pay out £50 for a London away day! Are we saying that half have already been sold prior to this morning? Has anyone spoken to the ticket office about numbers remaining today?

Just got mine online, no idea which block or row etc. From last night's info, we must have at least 2000 left. May well shift quite a few later today / tomorrow but I can see this making general sale, perhaps not that many by then though

I suspect that a lot of people have been hedging their bets in order to get tickets for people who didn't qualify for a ticket through previous away game attendance, so I'd agree that they'll probably sell plenty today and tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if it makes general sale, but they seem to have judged the demand quite well in this instance, despite there having been complaints that we didn't appear to request an allocation of 9000.

despite there having been complaints that we didn't appear to request an allocation of 9000.

I don't know where you've seen complaints, there's certainly not been any on here as far as I can see, just a few suggesting that it may have been up to 9,000 as this is what other clubs have received for cup games there. I think over 5k will be a great turnout and by this time next week they'll be Saints fans trying to blag tickets as they've missed out.

Got 2 tickets, very excited, first away game for years. I'm planning on driving up, leaving eastleigh college around 4pm, any recomendations on an "easy journey / cheap parking / tube ride combo" :)

Park on the road for free at Kew, overland train direct to Highbury & Islington.

Is there a limit to how many you can buy on general? I'm hoping to pick up 3...

I assume it's how it normally is, where it's limited to the amount of customer numbers you have registered to you. I'm pleasantly surprised there are still some left as I am hoping to go to this game.

Cheers bud! Does the road have a street name & any idea if its in the congestion zone or not? Also what is the station name we head for? :)

Turn right into any of the side roads halfway up Kew Road which runs alongside Kew Gardens. It's permits only in the morning so afternoon and evening are free. Kew Gardens Station is at the end of Lichfield Road. Takes about 35-40 minutes to get to Highbury & Islington, trains run every 15 minutes or so.

Turn right into any of the side roads halfway up Kew Road which runs alongside Kew Gardens. It's permits only in the morning so afternoon and evening are free. Kew Gardens Station is at the end of Lichfield Road. Takes about 35-40 minutes to get to Highbury & Islington, trains run every 15 minutes or so.

Isn't Kew Gardens a Tube Station? Do the overground trains stop there?