Wage Bill

Lallana's Left Peg

There is going to be no way to prove anything of course, but where do we think we stand in terms of our wage bill after this summer?

Out

Rickie Lambert

Luke Shaw

Adam Lallana

Dejan Lovren

Calum Chambers

Billy Sharp

Dani Osvaldo

Jordan Turnbull

Jack Stephens

Jos Hooiveld

Gaston Ramirez

Jake Sinclair

Lee Barnard

Andy Robinson

Matt Young

Jonathan Forte

Joe Curtis

Guly

Danny Fox

In

Dušan Tadić

Graziano Pellè

Fraser Forster

Shane Long

Florin Gardoș

Sadio Mané

Ryan Bertrand

Toby Alderweireld

Other considerations:

• New contracts given to Harrison Reed, Lloyd Isgrove, Sam McQueen, Cody Cropper, and Jose Fonte - unknown if they will be on better terms but I would suggest given the length of the deals that Reed, McQueen and Fonte will.
  • New deals reported to be offered to Jay Rodriguez and James Ward-Prowse - again would assume better terms offered.
  • Most young players will have automatic wage increases built into their contract on an annual basis

I wouldn't mind betting we're about the same. No way of proving it though :D

Reckon it has probably dropped a bit to be fair. Got rid of our known biggest earners Osvaldo and Ramirez. I would be amazed if any of the new signings are on anything close to what they were.

In addition I would think the likes of Lovren, Lallana and Lambert did pretty well for themselves.

In terms of the new boys, many came from leagues where the pay is very low by PL standards (Scotland, NL, Austria, Romania etc), so they could treble their wages and still be on far less than 50k a week.

Financially, it has certainly been a good summer, and certainly there is point paying players like Ramirez 60k a week if they don't start ever. If you are going to do that, then you might as well pay your best player 100k a week as by comparison they will have earned it.

I expect itll remain roughly at the same level, maybe slightly under or over dependant on what players like Alderweireld or Bertrand were pulling in.

I think I read somewhere that Chelsea quite often contribute to players on loan wages at the club they are on loan to, And if memory serves me well when we had Le Saux from them (as part of the Bridge deal?) even though he was our player they supplemented his wages.

At the end of the day under FFP our wages can't exceed 52% of our income or something of that ilk. Someone posted a link to an article that said if we paid Luke Shaw the £100k pw he was now reputedly on at Man U we would have had very little room on the wages front to manoeuvre in.

QPR are the ones to watch as I think the last thing I read was that their player wages account for 91% of their income!! So they get a hefty fine as a result of that and if they had not been promoted they would have had a transfer embargo in the Championship.

i think our money folks will have done their sums before getting these players in.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Weren't we around the £52m mark last season. It is an aspect that has not really been taken into account re the player sales. What were Lambert and Lallana on - £40k per week? Lovren couldn't have been far behind. Gaston and Osvaldo on £60k per week. So let's say that £12.5m a year and add Cortese into the mix and that's a third of the permitted wages gone. It might all be conjecture, as the wages aren't known nor are the details of their contracts. What it does do though, is reinforce the difference between them and us.

I think I read somewhere that Chelsea quite often contribute to players on loan wages at the club they are on loan to, And if memory serves me well when we had Le Saux from them (as part of the Bridge deal?) even though he was our player they supplemented his wages.

At the end of the day under FFP our wages can't exceed 52% of our income or something of that ilk. Someone posted a link to an article that said if we paid Luke Shaw the £100k pw he was now reputedly on at Man U we would have had very little room on the wages front to manoeuvre in.

QPR are the ones to watch as I think the last thing I read was that their player wages account for 91% of their income!! So they get a hefty fine as a result of that and if they had not been promoted they would have had a transfer embargo in the Championship.

i think our money folks will have done their sums before getting these players in.

Luke is on 50k at United.

A lot lower than last year IMO. Gaston, Osvaldo, Lambert, Lallana, Lovren off the wage bill, and players in on relatively low Prem wages I would have thought - only big wage may be Alderweireld.

Shane Long was on £45k p/w at Hull and just had a £12m move, I'd imagine he got a wage rise to move to Saints.

You don't sign players for £10m Forster, £8m Pellè, £11.8m Mané, £6m Gardoș, £10.9m Tadić and have them on low wages. We'd also be covering a high % if not all of Alderweireld and Bertrand's wage and neither will be small.

Shane Long was on £45k p/w at Hull and just had a £12m move, I'd imagine he got a wage rise to move to Saints.

You don't sign players for £10m Forster, £8m Pellè, £11.8m Mané, £6m Gardoș, £10.9m Tadić and have them on low wages. We'd also be covering a high % if not all of Alderweireld and Bertrand's wage and neither will be small.

So, Shane Long with a (comparative) modest pay rise to £50k a week would be on what our "I know Luke Shaw I do" friend is saying the worlds richest club Manchester United are paying their £27m major summer signing.

Hmm, plausible. (The Luke Shaw bit. I am sure Long probably is on £50k).

So, Shane Long with a (comparative) modest pay rise to £50k a week would be on what our "I know Luke Shaw I do" friend is saying the worlds richest club Manchester United are paying their £27m major summer signing.

Hmm, plausible. (The Luke Shaw bit. I am sure Long probably is on £50k).

Did I say I know Luke Shaw? I'm in a position to know what the deal is. Take it or leave it.

Did I say I know Luke Shaw? I'm in a position to know what the deal is. Take it or leave it.

As Steve Grant said to you, it might be £50k p/w after tax. Because a £27m (rising to £31m) player on £50k p/w stands out as being extremely low. If he really is on £50k p/w he needs to find himself a new agent, because others could get him a far better deal than that, especially when negotiating with Ed Woodward!

Surely Long is not our highest paid player on £50k. If that is the case it makes that deal look even worse.

Surely Long is not our highest paid player on £50k. If that is the case it makes that deal look even worse.

Yet CB Fry would rather believe this over what I'm stating about Shaw. Yes he went for a big fee but he has one full season of 1st team football. Can people honestly say that is less believable than Shane Long earning £50k pw?!

Yet CB Fry would rather believe this over what I'm stating about Shaw. Yes he went for a big fee but he has one full season of 1st team football. Can people honestly say that is less believable than Shane Long earning £50k pw?!

Yes, because Shane Long earning £50k p/w is a slight rise on his Hull wages and he has just had a £12m move.

For a £27m (rising to £31m) player like Shaw to be on £50k p/w, it stands out as extremely low. Again as Steve Grant said, perhaps the £50k p/w you believe it to be is after tax, which given the bracket Shaw would be in makes his wage significantly higher than £50k p/w.

Don't worry about what I think. Worry about what you think.

Yes, because Shane Long earning £50k p/w is a slight rise on his Hull wages and he has just had a £12m move.

For a £27m (rising to £31m) player like Shaw to be on £50k p/w, it stands out as extremely low. Again as Steve Grant said, perhaps the £50k p/w you believe it to be is after tax, which given the bracket Shaw would be in makes his wage significantly higher than £50k p/w.

Ok, so what do you suggest Luke was earning here? £25k? That's still doubling his wages whichever way you look at it. There was no need for Man Utd to pay him excessively as he was desperate to move there or Chelsea. As I say the only reason Chelsea didn't happen was due to the fact they wouldn't agree to the terms his agents set out.

Ok, so what do you suggest Luke was earning here? £25k? That's still doubling his wages whichever way you look at it. There was no need for Man Utd to pay him excessively as he was desperate to move there or Chelsea. As I say the only reason Chelsea didn't happen was due to the fact they wouldn't agree to the terms his agents set out.

Just stop please, you're embarrassing yourself

Is Ramirez off the bill, espeically as there is no option to buy ?

I guess our cut is reduced, but I doubt the burden is completely gone.

I hope Osvaldos wages are covered by Inter.

This was based on a report I read, but apparently Hull's offer was a £3m loan fee and they are also covering 100% of his wages. Would be a pretty impressive deal if that is it.

If it's 50k net it puts him on close to 120k a week which seems excessive somehow but considering how Utd are splashing the cash it wouldn't be totally unbelievable.

Early reports had it an an eye watering £160k which even in today's mental world is high - but that gross figure of somewhere in the region of £100-20k sounds plausible and chimes with pretty much all the reports from all outlets anywhere.

Fifty grand a week for the most expensive teenager in world football - when Joleon Lescott was on £90k at MCFC among other mentalness - seems fanciful beyond belief and would be a news story in itself.

If Shaw is "only" on £50k per week at United, but yet his agent was setting out terms that Chelsea would not agree too - care to enlighten us as to what these terms were? Guaranteed starting role? Bonus' on winning games/caps/goals? Full access to his PS4 at any time he wanted it? Guaranteed monthly threesomes?

I assume his agent wasn't demanding £51k at Chelsea but they said no so he went to Utd for £50k instead (before or after tax)

What are personal terms if they are not wage demands?

Jose came out and said his demands of a £120k week wage bill was unrealistic.

To Gelb balance the debate though, I wouldn't assume Longs getting more here than Hull. At the time Hull lured him and his family away with cash, we lured him here with top notch facilities, brighter future and missus on the doorstep of her family.

Reckon he would have been happy to take a cut for that.

What are personal terms if they are not wage demands?

Jose came out and said his demands of a £120k week wage bill was unrealistic.

To Gelb balance the debate though, I wouldn't assume Longs getting more here than Hull. At the time Hull lured him and his family away with cash, we lured him here with top notch facilities, brighter future and missus on the doorstep of her family.

Reckon he would have been happy to take a cut for that.

come on, player move for money

more so when it is a move from one mid table prem club to another

come on, player move for money

more so when it is a move from one mid table prem club to another

He's not moving just for money but he sure as hell would have got more.

Sooo, you're prepared to pay £12m for my boy Long, eh? Well £12m footballers cost this a week. Cough up.

There is going to be no way to prove anything of course, but where do we think we stand in terms of our wage bill after this summer?

Out

Rickie Lambert

Luke Shaw

Adam Lallana

Dejan Lovren

Calum Chambers

Billy Sharp

Dani Osvaldo

Jordan Turnbull

Jack Stephens

Jos Hooiveld

Gaston Ramirez

Jake Sinclair

Lee Barnard

Andy Robinson

Matt Young

Jonathan Forte

Joe Curtis

Guly

Danny Fox

In

Dušan Tadić

Graziano Pellè

Fraser Forster

Shane Long

Florin Gardoș

Sadio Mané

Ryan Bertrand

Toby Alderweireld

Other considerations:

• New contracts given to Harrison Reed, Lloyd Isgrove, Sam McQueen, Cody Cropper, and Jose Fonte - unknown if they will be on better terms but I would suggest given the length of the deals that Reed, McQueen and Fonte will.
  • New deals reported to be offered to Jay Rodriguez and James Ward-Prowse - again would assume better terms offered.
  • Most young players will have automatic wage increases built into their contract on an annual basis

I wouldn't mind betting we're about the same. No way of proving it though :D

According to FM 14- last year (July 2013 and per month coz thats how I roll)

Ramirez-275k

Rickie Lambert 175k

Luke Shaw 110k

Adam Lallana 195k

Dejan Lovren 175k

Calum Chambers 60k

Billy Sharp 100k

Dani Osvaldo 300k

Jordan Turnbull 3k

Jack Stephens 17k

Jos Hooiveld 80k

Jake Sinclair 2k

Lee Barnard 40k!

Andy Robinson 2k

Matt Young 1.5k

Jonathan Forte 47k!!

Joe Curtis 1.5k

Guly 80k

Danny Fox 75k

= approx £1,895,000 saved per month

In

Dušan Tadić 71k- assume we pay him 160k

Graziano Pellè 90k- assume we pay him 150k

Fraser Forster 100k- assume we pay him 160k

Shane Long- 160k- assume we pay him 190k

Florin Gardoș 8.5k- assume we pay him 80k

Sadio Mané 26k- assume we pay him 100k

Ryan Bertrand 150k- assume we pay that

Toby Alderweireld 64k? (Bargain) assume we pay that

Assume new deals = no more than 75k per month

New player wages = £1,130,000 per month

My guesstimation says we've saved £765,000 a month on wages. :proud:

Surely Krugers wage and Les Reed getting an expected pay rise as he seems to do almost everything now will come close to that a month.

We will however be saving a lot on monthly questionable expenses, how much is anyones guess

Couple of hundred thou a year on private jets

Interesting debate.

I would imagine that the board (with RK's knowledge & agreement) have set a wage limit and that the loan income from Jos and Gaston was needed to keep us under that limit.

I guess we will know in due course when the financial reports on the club come out

This was based on a report I read, but apparently Hull's offer was a £3m loan fee and they are also covering 100% of his wages. Would be a pretty impressive deal if that is it.

He's not moving just for money but he sure as hell would have got more.

Sooo, you're prepared to pay £12m for my boy Long, eh? Well £12m footballers cost this a week. Cough up.

Yep, how did that work for Borrini?

Do you really think he would have even been approached after 6 months into a contract if the Saints board didn't know he was unsettled?

Do you really think Long wouldn't take a small wage cut...happy wife, happy life?

Negotiations work two ways.

The truth of the matter is we may well never know the facts, so I'm going to bow out of the debate gracefully and agree to disagree.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know what' Morgan is on? A work colleague (Arse supporter) reckons he's only on 9k per week.

Yep, how did that work for Borrini?

Do you really think he would have even been approached after 6 months into a contract if the Saints board didn't know he was unsettled?

Do you really think Long wouldn't take a small wage cut...happy wife, happy life?

Negotiations work two ways.

The truth of the matter is we may well never know the facts, so I'm going to bow out of the debate gracefully and agree to disagree.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know what' Morgan is on? A work colleague (Arse supporter) reckons he's only on 9k per week.

I think that was before he signed his new deal in 2013, would assume he is on 40k a week now surely. MLG must have an idea?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2672111/Luke-Shaw-completes-Manchester-United-medical-ahead-31-5m-Southampton.html

"wage package in excess of £100,000 has been agreed in principle between United and the player"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2706095/Jose-Mourinho-didnt-try-sign-Luke-Shaw-120-000-week-wage-unsettled-Chelsea.html

"Shaw, 19, signed for Manchester United for £30million and is said to earn about £120,000 a week. Mourinho says that was too much for his club."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-signing-luke-shaw-would-3913597

"Blues' boss feared a dressing room revolt if he had agreed to pay Man United's teenage new boy the £120,000 a week that was being demanded"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/26/jose-mourinho-chelsea-luke-shaw-wages

"with a reported weekly wage of £130,000 a week"

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/jose-mourinho-says-paying-luke-shaws-manchester-united-wages-would-have-killed-chelsea-morale-backpages/

"and £100,000 per week wages"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-preseason-tour-luke-shaw-is-not-fit-enough-to-do-what-i-want-reveals-louis-van-gaal-9634407.html

"because of his £100,000-a-week wage demands"

So the average of these 6 reports is £113,333/week