Boruc looking to regain starting place.

Roger

In the pink it says he wants to fight to be the number 1 goalie again. Good news in my opinion and maybe koeman worked his magic again.

From the club's perspective this is really great news. Two great keepers to push each other for a starting place, with some youngsters to learn from them and Kelvin to ensure a little continuity in the squad... It won't last forever, but for this season (or even just until January) a determined Boruc would be a boost for us!

Despite the cynicism of some, I welcome this news. He is as good as Forster for me, and I always wanted them to compete for the jersey and getting playing time each as the season develops.

Maybe, but frankly I care very little how PL football players feel and any complaints they might have fall on completely deaf ears. They are overly well paid, live in some sort of bubble detached from reality which leads them to not know how to behave properly.

More like the Polish National coach has said if you don't get your place back then I will be looking elsewhere for a keeper

If you believe irene, Boruc won't get the chance to win his place back because Forster has been told he's number 1 and there's no competition for that place possible.

If you believe logic and rational thought, if Forster messes up, you'd expect Boruc to be on the top of his game to prove his readiness to replace him. Then again, Artur's never been known for his rational thought!

Didn't Koeman actually say that he wanted a leave, but if he doesnt get it then he'll knuckle down and fight for his place. Good news IMO.

Something along those lines - I still don't quite understand the logic of leaving him out for the last few games of the last transfer window - other than to make it difficult for him to go in a shop window he wouldn't get from sitting on the bench anyway, and didn't need? Maybe they just agreed to give him a break for his previous service as long as he sucked it up and carried on (under the terms of his contract, let's not forget).

We'll know anyway if he's not on the bench on Saturday.

pJ1jddYg_normal.jpegAdam Blackmore @bigadamsport

#saintsfc Koeman on Artur Boruc:"I spoke to Artur yesterday.The best for everybody and his future was that he played in another team, but that wasn't possible. He is a Southampton player and if he gives everything and has the right spirit, maybe I will change."

withdrawn, full quote now shows