Flying in from Holland

Hi There !

Me and my daughter are flying in from Holland on the 18th of october to see the match against Sunderland.

It's the first time we visit a football game abroad. Pelle and the Koemans are the main reason to come to your beautiful club and stadium.

We are huge fans of Graziano Pelle, who played a couple of years for our club: Feyenoord Rotterdam. We have a season ticket for years in Rotterdam.

We know for sure he will succeed in Southampton, needs just some time....

My daughter (16) is the biggest fan of him, and met him twice in Rotterdam. One time a meet and greet after he published his book.

We bring along our italian Pelle Flag, so perhaps he sees us on the pitch.

We booked the flight and a hotel for our stay till monday.

we still need to book game tickets for the match on saturday 18 october. I think it is on sale 4 weeks ahead of the game.

We ant to sit near to the field just nearby the saints fans off course. What seats are good for us? which row?

any other tips for visiting your stadium?

The Itchen stand has good views and is where the players come on to the pitch although 2 seats next to each other may be difficult to come by as they are mainly season tickets. There tends to be a few more available at a lower level nearer the pitch. The Northam stand is home to the noisier fans, but they tend to stand all though the game... how tall are you?:-)

If your hotel is in the city you'll be able to have a few beers before the game: ask for more advice nearer the time!

Itchen North corner is next to the away supporters????

no way. we want to be on the other side off course

Pretty much the whole ground is "close" to the pitch, there are no seats up in the God's, for a better view it's worth going at least 15/20 rows back I'd say. Depends if you want a view from the half way line? Do you want to stand up or sit?

Yep we will. How do the pubs deal with 16 year olds? In Holland it isn't always possible to enter.... :)
A 16 year old would be allowed in any pub in Southampton no problem at all if they were accompanied by a parent.

Itchen North corner is next to the away supporters????

no way. we want to be on the other side off course

Kingsland North is next to the noisiest Saints fans who are in the Northam stand . Its a good place to go for atmosphere without having to stand up all game.

st-marys-stadium-southampton-seating-plan.jpg

Edited by buctootim

I'd just like to point out that due to choice of username, and a rule I've just made up now, I probably own pappalotti. It's the root word, y'see. pappalotti. I think at the very least he should agree to be some kind of Dutch sidekick.

And before anyone moans, I'm prepared to allow this rule to be used elsewhere. I've no problem with buctootim owning a buctootimber, for example. I just hope no-one signs up with the username "pa".

Hi There !

Me and my daughter are flying in from Holland on the 18th of october to see the match against Sunderland.

It's the first time we visit a football game abroad. Pelle and the Koemans are the main reason to come to your beautiful club and stadium.

We are huge fans of Graziano Pelle, who played a couple of years for our club: Feyenoord Rotterdam. We have a season ticket for years in Rotterdam.

My daughter (16) is the biggest fan of him, and met him twice in Rotterdam. One time a meet and greet after he published his book.

we still need to book game tickets for the match on saturday 18 october. I think it is on sale 4 weeks aheabeer or two before the gamed of the game.

We ant to sit near to the field just nearby the saints fans off course. What seats are good for us? which row?

I would recommend the Kingsland North , you will get all the atmosphere from the Northam with none of the standing. I am working in Rotterdam from today for Seven weeks and Have tickets for the game againsts Ajax next week , I have been to watch Feyenoord twice before ( a few years ago now) but can you recommend a place for a beer or two ?

there always beer at Varkenoord. That's the training facility next to the KUIP (stadium). It's very crowdy and a lot of singing, firework and athmospere. It's a little stadium of the Youth teams of feyenoord. When you're a supporter of Feyenoord af course. The game against Ajax is the best game to watch in the kuip. Is the mother of all games in Holland. The sphere is huge. Allthough there are no Ajax supporters allowed........ Great to see!

Or else in the town itself.

I personally don't drink before the game, because I'm with my two kids, Boy 13 and daughter 16. But in Engeland with my daughter.......hahaha great to see u in Rotterdam?

I Thought that the noisiest Saints fans are on the other side...... In Holland the away supporters are far away from the Noisiest an fanatic Home supporters. In Southampton not i suppose?

Complete opposite, which is why I suggested Itchen North.

Northam is nice and loud, but depending on the attendance, there can be a big gap between the away fans and the home fans in that stand.

The focus here is different, especially in the grounds. The vast majority of it is banter and the back and forth of chanting each other.

Last year, when we played Stoke, we did the "you're so Northern you eat off the floor" chant. They got us back with "You're so southern, you're practically French". They then called us French bastards.

Is back and forth banter even possible with the ground setup in Holland?

It is possible, but not at our greatest match of the year, its called the classic. No away supporters are allowed because it went wrong for several years in and around the stadium. it's a pity. I love the singing and the ambiance.

Complete opposite, which is why I suggested Itchen North.

Northam is nice and loud, but depending on the attendance, there can be a big gap between the away fans and the home fans in that stand.

The focus here is different, especially in the grounds. The vast majority of it is banter and the back and forth of chanting each other.

Last year, when we played Stoke, we did the "you're so Northern you eat off the floor" chant. They got us back with "You're so southern, you're practically French". They then called us French bastards.

Is back and forth banter even possible with the ground setup in Holland?

there always beer at Varkenoord. That's the training facility next to the KUIP (stadium). It's very crowdy and a lot of singing, firework and athmospere. It's a little stadium of the Youth teams of feyenoord. When you're a supporter of Feyenoord af course. The game against Ajax is the best game to watch in the kuip. Is the mother of all games in Holland. The sphere is huge. Allthough there are no Ajax supporters allowed........ Great to see!

Or else in the town itself.

I personally don't drink before the game, because I'm with my two kids, Boy 13 and daughter 16. But in Engeland with my daughter.......hahaha great to see u in Rotterdam?

THanks for the advice , a couple of the local lads have recommended a couple of places , have a good time at st Mary's .

Safe to say it will be a bit quieter and calmer than when you lot play Ajax :)

Always preferred Feyenoord, more passionate fans, more working class due to Rotterdam being a port city.

If you want to meet Pelle before the game they usually arrive at around 11:30 for a 15:00 kickoff, they always stop and sign autographs for fans - and if you have your flag and maybe a Feyenoord shirt I'm sure he'll say hello...

There a lots of pubs nearby but if you want to walk a bit further the Grapes in Oxford Street is usually full of Saints fans (also plenty of places to get food there).

If you want to stand (and not be constantly asked to sit down by stewards) then get tickets in the Northam Stand but not too close to the front. Best view is from 10 rows back - block 41 or 42.

If you want to sit then as others have said go for the Kingsland/Northam corner as you'll will get the noise without the standing.

Hi There !

we still need to book game tickets for the match on saturday 18 october. I think it is on sale 4 weeks ahead of the game.

AND I BOUGHT THE TICKETS TODAY, 35 ROW 1. Thanx for all tips. We decided to sit on the pitch (almost :))

Saw the amazing goal of grazing!!! WOW

and look where he went to celebrate???? thats where we sit.

Looking forward

and see hem doing the same?

Who knows

3 weeks and we are flying in from holland!

He's getting better with every game, cracking goal today. There's a lot to his game and I would think he's very close to Conte's squad on this form...he's also loving the response of the crowd to his efforts.

If you and your daughter are sitting in Block 35 when you come over then you will be diagonally opposite where Pelle celebrated his goal today.

• 3 weeks later...