41 passes

Mouldy Coat

It seems that some don't count distribution from FF. If you include him, then yeah, 40 something passes.... But really, they were just tapping it around at the end of the game for the most part. Not like it was a move or anything.

The end result WAS orgasmic though! ;)

But think of the tidal wave of jizz had Utd, Spurs, Pool or Barca done it...

I wasn't counting but there were 2 or 3 periods of play v West Ham where we had similar periods of play. Definitely the Koerman effect. I am not saying I did not enjoy how we played last season but am enjoying it more at the moment. The most exciting thing is that last season we lost our way when we had a few key injuries, ie. Wanyama and Boruc . I don't see this causing the same problems this season so could see us on more points than last season with the options we have in the squad now.

Its great watching how players can see 2 or 3 options around them when it comes to the final pass. I wonder when the pundits will start realising whats happening down here at the moment.

I wasn't counting but there were 2 or 3 periods of play v West Ham where we had similar periods of play. Definitely the Koerman effect. I am not saying I did not enjoy how we played last season but am enjoying it more at the moment. The most exciting thing is that last season we lost our way when we had a few key injuries, ie. Wanyama and Boruc . I don't see this causing the same problems this season so could see us on more points than last season with the options we have in the squad now.

Its great watching how players can see 2 or 3 options around them when it comes to the final pass. I wonder when the pundits will start realising whats happening down here at the moment.

Hopefully, they'll keep quiet about us for as long as possible!

I agree that we ought to be capable of a higher position than last season, even with one or two injuries, as we have more depth in our squad. Interesting to make comparisons with where we were at exactly this stage last season, where our stats are much better in terms of goals scored, passes, tackles, etc.

Regarding MOTD and their hopeless punditry, the only way that they will highlight our play, is if we beat one of the glory teams and only then to point out what an off day they were having. All that analysis of the shaded areas of the pitch unprotected by defenders, or the circles demonstrating the lack of players attacking the player with the ball, are only there for the top teams. The pundits don't notice it when little ole' Saints do it.

I wasn't counting but there were 2 or 3 periods of play v West Ham where we had similar periods of play

Yeah there were and I remember thinking 'get a goal at the end of this and it will get shown time & time again'. It was about then that the moves would collapse...

Not Schneiderlin's on Saturday. What a goal that was. Love the video with the Solent commentary and the pass count on it.

Definitely going to be an exciting season.

All 11 players involved in the move as well - totally amazing!

Stattos ..... has his ever been done before in Th Prem .... or anywhere else?

Schexxy Football.:poundit:

Ok, statto here!

It isn't even a record for this season. Spuds had a 48 pass goal, involving all 11 players against QPR on 24th August.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-48-pass-spurs-goal-who-touched-it-how-many-times-graphic/

That said, their goal involved twice as many passes as any goal last season.

I still prefer ours... ?

Ok, statto here!

It isn't even a record for this season. Spuds had a 48 pass goal, involving all 11 players against QPR on 24th August.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/the-48-pass-spurs-goal-who-touched-it-how-many-times-graphic/

That said, their goal involved twice as many passes as any goal last season.

I still prefer ours... ?

But after about 40 passes Spuds were back where they started.