Research Project Help please

Redslo

For a research project I am working on I would like to read some of the concerned threads that were undoubtedly being bandied about here in the spring and summer of 2009 before Markus Liebherr bought the team. Can anyone provide me with links?

Thank you.

Without being patronising, have you tried the Advanced Search? You can order results in ascending date order - there's plenty there! Try keywords such as Liebherr, Fry, Pinnacle, "Paul Allen", briefcase. These will give you threads where you can find other search terms.

Made me come out in a cold sweat looking at some of the thread titles and posters - you could maybe guess who contributes the most pessimistic and bedwett-y comments. Though, at the time, it was pretty scary stuff and Saints fans as a whole were very worried. Makes this summer look like a walk in the park. Equally it's worth reliving the sheer relief when ML was announced.

PS, perhaps the nadir was when this bloke turned up claiming to have put a syndicate together but it turned out he was a cabbie who lived with his mum. I can't bring myself to look it up, but I think his name was Anthony with an Italian or maybe Eastern Europe surname. The difference between what happened and what could have happened is so vast and yet we were so desperate, we would have been satisfied with staying out of L2 if the club survived.

PS, perhaps the nadir was when this bloke turned up claiming to have put a syndicate together but it turned out he was a cabbie who lived with his mum. I can't bring myself to look it up, but I think his name was Anthony with an Italian or maybe Eastern Europe surname. The difference between what happened and what could have happened is so vast and yet we were so desperate, we would have been satisfied with staying out of L2 if the club survived.

Micky Fialka, lest we forget.

wasnt Matt Le Tissier also in that syndicate ?

Another name to add to your search list (though this might also be the name tpbury posting above had in mind) is Micky Fialka.

And one who came out very well was Kelvin Davis. I think he carried on playing for no wages and didn't make a big fuss about it.

And the name Fry - there were two people with that name and one of them was at Barclays Bank - the Daily Echo has part of the story

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/untoldstories/4356000.print/

Edited by Kingsland Codger

Without being patronising, have you tried the Advanced Search? You can order results in ascending date order - there's plenty there! Try keywords such as Liebherr, Fry, Pinnacle, "Paul Allen", briefcase. These will give you threads where you can find other search terms.

Made me come out in a cold sweat looking at some of the thread titles and posters - you could maybe guess who contributes the most pessimistic and bedwett-y comments. Though, at the time, it was pretty scary stuff and Saints fans as a whole were very worried. Makes this summer look like a walk in the park. Equally it's worth reliving the sheer relief when ML was announced.

I tried the advanced search function, but the additional search terms will help. Thank you. And everyone else. Sorry for bringing back the bad memories. My knowledge of Southampton sort of begins just after the bad times ended.

Btw my first search attempt resulted in me getting distracted by a thread started by Alpine Saint on 1 July 2010 where he was worried about the lack of incoming transfers and the possible loss of Lallana and Schneiderlin. It made me realize, yet again, how remarkable it was to keep the core of the team together for five years.

Btw my first search attempt resulted in me getting distracted by a thread started by Alpine Saint on 1 July 2010 where he was worried about the lack of incoming transfers and the possible loss of Lallana and Schneiderlin. It made me realize, yet again, how remarkable it was to keep the core of the team together for five years.

Plus ca change

I tried the advanced search function, but the additional search terms will help. Thank you. And everyone else. Sorry for bringing back the bad memories. My knowledge of Southampton sort of begins just after the bad times ended.

haha, Alpine - keeping mattress's moist throughout history!!