• Cork
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Tadic
    • Long
    • Pelle
    • Gardos
    • Davis, S
    • Wanyama

Interesting eh Mauricio, Dejan, Adam, Luke, Rickie, Calum...?

Bx_VFAhIMAAa8vo.jpg

What about 14/15?

Good win today, our team is looking good.

But our squad is so thin, bench today showed that we have so little strength in depth. JWP injured, hopefully Toby is not too bad, JRod not back until Dec/Jan. No decent keeper backup. Not trying to be negative, but some people need to see how weak we could be with a few injuries or suspensions. Hopefully it will not be an issue.

What about 14/15?

Good win today, our team is looking good.

But our squad is so thin, bench today showed that we have so little strength in depth. JWP injured, hopefully Toby is not too bad, JRod not back until Dec/Jan. No decent keeper backup. Not trying to be negative, but some people need to see how weak we could be with a few injuries or suspensions. Hopefully it will not be an issue.

Our depth seems to be a work in progress. I'm not worried for the future. We had Wanyama on the bench for goodness sake!

Squad so thin....are you having a giraffe? We are blessed with so many options in midfield. Toby out but Yoshi did pretty good and Gardos looks like a unit, Mane still to come in and Rodriguez back in a couple of months.

This is the strongest squad depth we have had for many a year.

MOTM Bertrand for me. That clearance was essential. Did a lot of good things. Busted a gut for the 90 mins. All of the defence was superb. Wanyama's goal was brilliant too :D excellent result!! Love to see grinding wins, not because they're exciting as much but that its nice that we can do them! Excellent show of character.

3 points stolen from Swansea, who might have got something from the game had not Bony been so stupid. He let his team mates down badly with his impetuous tackling when he was already on a yellow. Swansea had been one of the few teams to keep us quiet in the first half and they were unlucky not to have gone in ahead, having hit the bar with us not really threatening their goal. But such is the way the dice tumbles and despite fighting bravely when they lost their best striker, the balance of the game turned in our favour. Often it is difficult for a team to beat one with 10 men, but thankfully Wanyama provided yet another surprise name on the scoresheet to add to Cork and Schneiderlin from midfield. Davis' turn next?

After an impressive beating of Newcastle didn't impress the producers and pundits of MOTD, this match isn't going to set their pulses racing and I expect that we'll be down the pecking order once more. But what they won't be able to ignore, is our place in the table, and likely to stay there even after the matches tomorrow, unless City or Spurs have big score margin wins.

Very happy with the three points.

The sending off drastically changed the game in our favour. Swansea can't complain because both yellow cards were warranted, although we were perhaps a little fortunate that Fonte stayed on the pitch given his wild swing after he had already been cautioned.

Second half we took full advantage and really dominated the game. Swansea defended resolutely and for a while I didn't think we would get the breakthrough. I thought it was a very professional performance in the end, considering we were being swamped a little in the first half.

Great to see Vic get a goal. On current form I think he should be in the starting eleven.

2nd in the table - I've got a nosebleed!

Vic should start every game quality player and we are much better team with him in IMO.

In place of who though? All our midfield (JWP no quite there IMO) have been superb so far this season.....glad I'm not the manager must be a nightmare

Edited by doddisalegend

MOTM Bertrand for me. That clearance was essential. Did a lot of good things. Busted a gut for the 90 mins. All of the defence was superb. Wanyama's goal was brilliant too :D excellent result!! Love to see grinding wins, not because they're exciting as much but that its nice that we can do them! Excellent show of character.

Bertrand is quality. Got a really mixed reception on here when he signed but hasn't put a foot wrong yet this season.

Did I just hear Robbie 'Saints are nailed on for relegation' Savage making excuses for Liverpool as they have a lot of new players who will need time to gel? :o

Ditto Newcastle, apparently they sold loads of players and need time as well...

In the dumb blonde bombshell's defence, he does apologise every week for getting it so wrong.

And rightly so.

Didn't get to listen to game today as i was out playing myself. Glad Bony helped Saints out with a silly sending off in what was an extremely tough away game. Equally glad we took advantage off them having 10 men. Makes nice viewing seeing us 2nd.

Absolutely love our midfield. To me its Morgan and 2 of 3 between davis/Cork/Wanyama.

Cork wasn't really in the game today and was rightly substituted.

Fair dues I thought the same today TBF. In fairness though Cork came into the side and scored a couple and played brilliantly after Victors nightmare showing 1st half at Millwall. Joys off having so many quality players in the midfield I guess.

MOTD runnning order

Posted at 19:28

The all important MOTD running order is here. Burnley, you're last again. And you will be until you score a goal.

1. Newcastle/Hull, 2. WestHam/Liverpool, 3. Villa/Arsenal, 4. QPR/Stoke, 5. Swansea/Southampton, 6. Burnley/Sunderland.

Looks fair enough to me

MOTD runnning order

Posted at 19:28

The all important MOTD running order is here. Burnley, you're last again. And you will be until you score a goal.

1. Newcastle/Hull, 2. WestHam/Liverpool, 3. Villa/Arsenal, 4. QPR/Stoke, 5. Swansea/Southampton, 6. Burnley/Sunderland.

Seems fair to me we only had one goal in our game the rest have more action

Adam Blackmore interviewed him for Solent and asked him about his goal celebration apparently Vic has been desperate to score since he got here when it finally happened he didn't really now what to do to celebrate...no drama folks

the goal he scored (or not) at home to swansea last season was funny. It was a perfectly good goal ruled out. but he was still celebrating whilst they carried on playing

Adam Blackmore interviewed him for Solent and asked him about his goal celebration apparently Vic has been desperate to score since he got here when it finally happened he didn't really now what to do to celebrate...no drama folks

I reckon there was a little more to it than that, along the lines that he has been disappointed at being dropped and so there was a touch of 'in your face gaffer!' about him. All good for competition in the squad IMO.

the goal he scored (or not) at home to swansea last season was funny. It was a perfectly good goal ruled out. but he was still celebrating whilst they carried on playing

Oh yeah remember that probably why he didn't celebrate this time looked like a bit of nob still giving it large after everybody else had realised it wasn't going to stand....