Oh dear Poch

9-3

It is much too early to gloat. While it is amusing to see the early misfortunes of MP and other leavers, a couple of defeats doesn't make him a bad Manager - much as I'm hoping we beat Spurs in a couple of weeks, I still think we may struggle in the long term to finish above them in the table.

lesson to be learnt in football never gloat until season is over' date=' bite you on the bum comes to mind[/quote']

That is certainly true, but it isn't gloating just to enjoy the moment. It is interesting that with results going against him after the first two games of the season, MP's personality in interview seemed very different although perhaps being forced to speak English, which he didn't seem very comfortable with, makes it difficult for him to concentrate on what he might really want to say. it may also be that at Southampton the team was exceeding expectations and it was easy to appear laid-back whereas at Tottenham expectations are high and if he doesn't deliver he feels the pressure. Tottenham may do better once they are knocked out of the Europa League, which MP claimed he didn't want to compete in anyway. Whether Tottenham are below Saints, now or at the end of the season, may not matter that much in north London but if they are below Arsenal he may be seen as a failure.

Who can forget Spuds away a couple of days before Hoddle got the sack, with Beatts scoring a screamer in the first minute to give Glenda a helping hand out of the door? Good day out.

(Mind you who can forget Spuds away last season? My little boy was pretty happy when we went two up, then Lovren decided it was time to audition for the Liverpool defence.)

I'd be happy with a point at the Lane this year.

I rather concentrate on another ex manager of ours - Nigel Pearson - who seems to have made a excellent start to his (latest) Premiership career. Okay he's had more than his fair share of 'ups and downs' over the years, but I for one always thought he was a goodun and I'm delighted to see him doing so well.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened to this club had Rupert not decided to get rid of him for reasons that made no bloody sense at all to this fan ...

I rather concentrate on another ex manager of ours - Nigel Pearson - who seems to have made a excellent start to his (latest) Premiership career. Okay he's had more than his fair share of 'ups and downs' over the years, but I for one always thought he was a goodun and I'm delighted to see him doing so well.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened to this club had Rupert not decided to get rid of him for reasons that made no bloody sense at all to this fan ...

Very true.

Tbh as much as he is a ***** Id of liked him to have done quite well, I get the impression however that he needs time for the team to gel to his methods. Will be interesting to see if Levy keeps his finger off of the trigger for long enough

Why they didnt get shot of soldado and get a decent striker. Adebayor is too hot and cold

He did a half decent job for us and he seems to be getting a tune out of Dean Hammond.

That is certainly true, but it isn't gloating just to enjoy the moment. It is interesting that with results going against him after the first two games of the season, MP's personality in interview seemed very different although perhaps being forced to speak English, which he didn't seem very comfortable with, makes it difficult for him to concentrate on what he might really want to say. it may also be that at Southampton the team was exceeding expectations and it was easy to appear laid-back whereas at Tottenham expectations are high and if he doesn't deliver he feels the pressure. Tottenham may do better once they are knocked out of the Europa League, which MP claimed he didn't want to compete in anyway. Whether Tottenham are below Saints, now or at the end of the season, may not matter that much in north London but if they are below Arsenal he may be seen as a failure.

IMHO ....MP inherited a fairly good squad in the first place, but had the tactical nous to improve it, which (sadly) Nigel Adkins had lacked at that level.

With a clever bit of " tweaking ", he upped the tempo and work-rate and turned a good side ... into a very good side.

The Saints team played better, because they could sense some form of glory ....ahead of simple Prem. survival.

At White Hart Lane, the impatient Chairman (and their fans) can hardly remember their Glory Glory days, and will be in his back after every poor result.

If we beat Spuds at WHL, he may follow one of his predecessors.... sooner than he thinks.

IMHO ....MP inherited a fairly good squad in the first place, but had the tactical nous to improve it, which (sadly) Nigel Adkins had lacked at that level.

Well, that sounds like a load of retrospective cobblers. Adkins' last result was a 2-2 draw at Chelsea, I'm pretty sure he was starting to get the best out of a load of players who obviously took a while to get used to the Premier League standard.

Rupes might still be chairman.........

I think he's very good, but people outside the club don't realise that he had an excellent squad last season and 8th wasn't a surprise. If he'd spent his striker money more wisely it could and should have been higher.

Spurs have an ok squad but still not a settled team. If you get the Adebayor at the wrong time he's useless, depends how he's responding to the training. I didn't see him as a typical MP player. But how can they give AVB 100m to spend and MP next to nothing?

This

Well, that sounds like a load of retrospective cobblers. Adkins' last result was a 2-2 draw at Chelsea, I'm pretty sure he was starting to get the best out of a load of players who obviously took a while to get used to the Premier League standard.

I watched that game and I think we were on the losing end of it until that " Puncheon special ", the result looked good on paper, but was surely one of our luckiest point(s) that season.

I think he's very good, but people outside the club don't realise that he had an excellent squad last season and 8th wasn't a surprise. If he'd spent his striker money more wisely it could and should have been higher.

Spurs have an ok squad but still not a settled team. If you get the Adebayor at the wrong time he's useless, depends how he's responding to the training. I didn't see him as a typical MP player. But how can they give AVB 100m to spend and MP next to nothing?

Did he give AVB any of the Bale money, or did it all go to Baldini? Sounds like it was mostly FB that shot all that money up the wall.

I watched that game and I think we were on the losing end of it until that " Puncheon special ", the result looked good on paper, but was surely one of our luckiest point(s) that season.

er, there were two "specials" or lucky goals. One of which came from a sub soon after coming on, who Nige deliberately kept back for impact. Dont recall too many chelsea fans or commentators saying we were lucky

You can always tell a Spanish person who's rubbish at English because they always pronounce their V's a B's (as in Bery Bery good). Now if you watch the video on Sky, he does that ALL the time. The thing is, in Argentina, they pronounce their V's as V's so essentially, he's spent far too long in Spain and after nearly 2 years, his English is still god-awful.

Not going to gloat just yet but he deserves everything he gets. Why do managers choose to go to Spuds to 'further their career' when they've got such a dreadful reputation for not giving managers time to develop and prove themselves. Guess it's all about money and Poch showed that he's as greedy as every other manager they've had, which I why I hope he fails miserably.

You can always tell a Spanish person who's rubbish at English because they always pronounce their V's a B's (as in Bery Bery good). Now if you watch the video on Sky, he does that ALL the time. The thing is, in Argentina, they pronounce their V's as V's so essentially, he's spent far too long in Spain and after nearly 2 years, his English is still god-awful.

This is just plain weird!! Just as well we got rid then!!

Spanish or Argie ... he's still a Juan Kerr.

All the end of season "I am under contract for another year, nothing to discuss" bollix.

I really think we have come out on top manager wise.

RK spent some time in Spain should we be watching his pronounciations?

I think he's damn right Schexy ... and I'm straight!!

EDit ... and slightly pre match p!ssed as well. I thank you.

This is just plain weird!! Just as well we got rid then!!

Spanish or Argie ... he's still a Juan Kerr.

All the end of season "I am under contract for another year, nothing to discuss" bollix.

I really think we have come out on top manager wise.

RK spent some time in Spain should we be watching his pronounciations?

I think he's damn right Schexy ... and I'm straight!!

EDit ... and slightly pre match p!ssed as well. I thank you.

The only reason it made me chuckle was because my Spanish teacher was actually from Argentina (coincidently also of Italian descent) and he always took the Michael out of Spanish people that did the B instead of V bit. Although if you watch that Phoenix from the flames clip with Koeman from 94 I think? His English was a shedload better back then than MoPo's and he's spent essentially no time in the UK (But he did look like the Milky Bar kid however ;p)