United to sign Matt Radcliffe following Tottenham match

Saint86

:mcinnes:

United are after Matt Radcliffe with the Daily Mail stating that he is destined to sign for them following the Tottenham game...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2776856/Manchester-United-set-poach-Southampton-team-physio-Matt-Radcliffe-help-club-s-injury-crisis.html

"Manchester United are attempting to solve their crippling injury list by poaching Southampton’s first-team physio Matt Radcliffe.

Louis van Gaal has nine players out with injury ahead of this weekend’s Barclays Premier League fixture with Everton.

Radcliffe is regarded as one for the best physios in football and his last game before he joins United will be Southampton's trip to White Hart Lane on Sunday.

The experienced physio has been lured to United at a time when they are attempting to speed up the recovery rates of a number of their most influential players.

Michael Carrick (ankle), Marouane Fellaini (ankle), Phil Jones (hamstring), Ashley Young (groin), Jonny Evans (ankle), Chris Smalling (hip) and Ander Herrera (ribs) are among nine players in the medical room at Carrington.

Radcliffe, will be on the bench at Saints for this weekend’s reunion with former manager Mauricio Pochettino before he starts his new role at Old Trafford."

Would have thought we can match whatever United would pay one of our physios to be frank. :rolleyes:

Heard someone talking about this at the Newcastle game a couple of weeks ago so must have been on the cards for a while.

Apparently he is excellent and Jay Rod in particular had been raving about how he has handled his injury rehab (That was the context of the discussion I overheard).

Pretty sure there are a number of top physios that would be very keen to work for a PL team though so shouldnt be too hard to replace.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Heard someone talking about this at the Newcastle game a couple of weeks ago so must have been on the cards for a while.

Apparently he is excellent and Jay Rod in particular had been raving about how he has handled his injury rehab.

Pretty sure there are a number of top physios that would be very keen to work for a PL team though so shouldnt be too hard to replace.

Then why are the mancs taking ours?

If that's true Charlie I don't think he will be as easily replaced as you say.

Well I would like to thank him for all he has done for Saints and wish him fk all for the future.

I agree. It sounds like he won't be easy to replace. I would hope we have a replacement lined up to start asap. I am surprised we didn't tell United to F off especially with the work he is doing with J Rod unfinished.

I agree. It sounds like he won't be easy to replace. I would hope we have a replacement lined up to start asap. I am surprised we didn't tell United to F off especially with the work he is doing with J Rod unfinished.

I don't think we can stop him any more than your employer can stop you leaving for a better paid job.

Poch wanted him at Spurs in the summer, Matt didn't want to go as he felt he could be out of a job by Xmas given Levys sacking of managers record plus he had great facilities right here on his doorstep at saints.

United are a different proposition though and very difficult to turn down the biggest club in the world.

Radliffe's obviously a greedy, egotistical, plastic glory hunter. He could have stayed here all his career and become a Saints legend, but he'll find that the expectations at Man Utd will be so much higher and if another physio comes along with greater ability in treating Galacticos injuries, then they'll just ditch him.

Come on Matty, there's still time for you to broadcast your opinion in the media that the grass isn't always greener and who knows, you might pursuade him to stay.

If he does go, when the Mancs play here, a concerted chorus of "Judas" should erupt form the Northam when he comes onto the pitch if any of their precious players breaks a fingernail and goes down writhing in agony.

Saints do exactly the same to smaller clubs than them, for example Southampton got Matt Radcliffe in the first place from Preston North End.

Man Utd sign Radcliffe from Saints and Saints will probably sign a good physio from another club lower down the pecking order to replace Radcliffe. We are an attractive club for most football physios in the country, so I think we're likely to get a good replacement.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Saints do exactly the same to smaller clubs than them, for example Southampton got Matt Radcliffe in the first place from Preston North End.

Man Utd sign Radcliffe from Saints and Saints will probably sign a good physio from another club lower down the pecking order to replace Radcliffe. We are an attractive club for most football physios in the country, so I think we're likely to get a good replacement.

I won't be as upset if Cortese inserted a sell-on fee into his contract. Did he?

Poch wanted him at Spurs in the summer, Matt didn't want to go as he felt he could be out of a job by Xmas given Levys sacking of managers record plus he had great facilities right here on his doorstep at saints.

United are a different proposition though and very difficult to turn down the biggest club in the world.

So he's going to Real Madrid or Barcelona then - not some full of debt club that needs to play so called friendlies to help the cash flow LOL

Matt has recently moved his family back up north, he's from that way, so think that's the reason he's been looking for a move elsewhere.

I'm not surprised he's moved his family up there. It's where his new job is ffs. If he has kids I expect they wanted to move before the beginning of term. You're not trying to say he took the manc job because his family randomly moved north are you.

I'm not surprised he's moved his family up there. It's where his new job is ffs. If he has kids I expect they wanted to move before the beginning of term. You're not trying to say he took the manc job because his family randomly moved north are you.

yes I am, or rather The Echo are:

"Radcliffe, who is from the north of England, had been keen to find work in that area for some time, having moved his family back there a while ago. Radcliffe has previously worked at Port Vale, Crewe and Preston."

Its a shame given Jayrod hasn't finished his rehab yet as it seems he has been singing his praises to a number of people. Hopefully he builds a quick rapport with the new physio.

I would think JR would be over the worse/most crucial stages now.

Physio has left, meh plenty more out there.