Overseas Premier League games...

jawillwill

Soon the Yanks will have all of soccer being in ¼s so that they can run adverts.

I hope so as Ronnie and the Boys always seem to score when I get up to get another beer. I mean it's barbaric to think I can't get up to get something to eat for 45 minutes! 45 minutes!? I'm starving by then!

I wouldn't mind if they played a few non-leagues (as in cup) games there. Certainly wouldn't have a problem playing the Community Shield abroad as its basically a friendly anyway. I also secretly don't think I'd mind if, say, the FA Cup final was played outside of UK.

Doesn't this type of thing get leaked about every 4 international breaks?

Call me an ol' cynic but doesn't this type of media leak just keep EPL as lead story when in actual fact there is feck all happening. Classic from the Ecclestone book of marketing.

Not the same topic, but more about how the big clubs want to not miss out making the top cash:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29572414

What a depressing read. Basically he is calling for a European super league as he thinks teams of a certain size should have an entitlement every year to being at the top table. That there are more of these big teams than places available is of course his problem.

As for overseas BPL games, I see UEFA are likely to not allow it.

With every year i get closer and closer to stopping going altogether and it's things like this that are the reason. I'm absolutely ****ing sick of the premier league, champions league and greed that goes with it. Part of me wishes for a total collapse in football so we can kick these ****s out and start again.

Agree with all of that……..

I wouldn't mind if they played a few non-leagues (as in cup) games there. Certainly wouldn't have a problem playing the Community Shield abroad as its basically a friendly anyway. I also secretly don't think I'd mind if, say, the FA Cup final was played outside of UK.

So if Saints get to an FA cup final you would be happy to see it played in China and miss out on a day at Wembley:mcinnes:

All the reports are that UEFA have finally woken up to the fact that the CL obsession is killing the Europa league (UEFA Cup and Cup Winners, as were). About time too. This is what would happen to the EPL if we start messing with it any further. Allow the "top" teams to do something different, sod the consequences for all the others. Just give them some token imaginary incentive like: "Its great news, really, it is, we are relaunching the EPL and calling it the English Super League. We will let 8 Championship teams in to make up for Utd, Chelsea and the rest, and so if you still remain in it, well, now you have a real chance to win! Its amazing OK!!"

Bugger off

Edited by Bucks Saint

But to say you wouldn't mind if cup final was overseas is just stupid.

It's overseas anyway. I live in New York. So no, not stupid.

I also used to live in London for a good many years and have been to Wembley for a number of events - England games, concerts, NFL games and even a 10k run. It's a nice stadium, but nothing special in my eyes.

Maybe if the England team had ever done anything worthwhile there since 1996 I may view it differently.

Tbh the sooner the top 6 from the EPL breakaway and form a European super league with the big names from Spain, Germany etc the better.

Get rid of them and we'll restore some competiveness into the league. It would mean less TV money for the remaining teams, creating a fairer balance and less of a gap between the EPL and football league.

As for playing games abroad it’s a ridiculous idea and just another money spinner. I can’t blame people for being disillusioned by the game. FC United of Manchester are a good example of how we can fight back from the disease that is modern football.