The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

I was just sodding about with one, as it happens, but not getting anywhere with it so have just deleted it.

Could pop off to one of the FM boards and download some templates, but then it'll just look like the mockup we've already seen.

Edited by The9

THIS is what we're having (again):

Southampton-15-16-Kits.jpg

I cant help but feel that is so painfully unoriginal. I know red and white stripes cant be done too many ways but the little shoulder triangles, the badge falling between two stripes and the white flashes around the bottom of the sides looks like a really rushed job. Not something I would want to buy.

In fact although this might sound silly the less a shirt looks like a football shirt the more I want it. The sash really was the pinnacle of recent years for me.

Edited by Red Alert

To be fair they could wear bin bags every week I am always concerned more with performance every game.

Not hating on those who love it but its I've just never been into the shirt thing, the shirts have to change every year, styles, designs move with the times and opportunities.

If they look gucci and give us kudos then sweet as but if they are **** then such is life.

Now Barry Gale on the other hand, I want to know when the next episode is out :lol:

That green is absolutely horrific. I really hope thats not the actual away shirt.

Home shirt i pretty standardly boring, know exactly what you're going to get from Adidas, the same template as someone elses but tweaked a little.

Quite like the green one personally, a bit different plus the sash is a nice nod to our history. Looking forward to having a shirt that fits properly, loved the purity of this seasons design but it really wasn't tailored for the average bloke.

I'll admit, i absolutely HATE the ****ed, off to the left logo when the manufacturers badge is central. Looks so cock eyed and lop sided. Why don't Adidas just keep their logo on the right side?!

Design wise it's neat and smart. Still wish for white socks though...

By the way, I LOVE the away kit. Colours completely different and 'un-Saintly' but the Sash is awesome and very 'Saintly'!

Anyway, I'ml intrigued to see what they look like in the official photos tomorrow and then more importantly, in the flesh.

Still wish we had the Bayern Kit in a red/white striped variety.

wl0twlA.jpg

wl0twlA.jpg

Edited by itchen_dan

I know, I did them a few months ago before the leak, but thought i would post them anyway

Nice designs anyway.

I'm vaguely annoyed, I just downloaded the various templates and (having just downloaded a psd dll to make it work) the psd files aren't compiled into groups in Paint.net so the templates are in an enormous mass of adidas styles and it's completely impossible to even cut and paste the useful ones.

Oh well, meh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1662[/ATTACH]

I dont hate this, if that turns out to be the real thing.

I like it, suspect there's a bit of mesh on the collar and possibly a navy tartan or mesh effect on the shoulders - the other photoshop is annoyingly lacking in detail collarwise.

I'll admit, i absolutely HATE the ****ed, off to the left logo when the manufacturers badge is central. Looks so cock eyed and lop sided. Why don't Adidas just keep their logo on the right side?!

Design wise it's neat and smart. Still wish for white socks though...

By the way, I LOVE the away kit. Colours completely different and 'un-Saintly' but the Sash is awesome and very 'Saintly'! Still intrigued to see what they look like in the official photos tomorrow and then more importantly, in the flesh.

Still wish we had the Bayern Kit in a red/white striped variety.

wl0twlA.jpg

I'm fairly sure we won't be unveiling the away kit tomorrow, but you never know.

Quite like the green one personally, a bit different plus the sash is a nice nod to our history. Looking forward to having a shirt that fits properly, loved the purity of this seasons design but it really wasn't tailored for the average bloke.

Better hope they're climacool like the 2013/14 home rather than the 2013/14 Formotion away then...

I cant help but feel that is so painfully unoriginal. I know red and white stripes cant be done too many ways but the little shoulder triangles, the badge falling between two stripes and the white flashes around the bottom of the sides looks like a really rushed job. Not something I would want to buy.

In fact although this might sound silly the less a shirt looks like a football shirt the more I want it. The sash really was the pinnacle of recent years for me.

The little shoulder triangles are a side effect of having a straight stripe pattern on a tailored front panel shape that isn't straight - basically on larger sized shirts those triangles will be stripes all the way down as they won't be cut off by a red side panel halfway down.

The badge doesn't "fall" between two stripes, it's placed across both for design purposes and is in that area as that's the natural position for the badge. Shame that the template always has the brand logo in the middle though, it looks weird with the badge to the side.

Also, there's a load of detailing on the collar, almost certainly black with a red/white mesh effect, you just can't see it in the illustration.

Oh, and the white flashes at the bottom go all the way around the back.

I'll be interested to see if we use the same template with a red panel on the back if we get to Europe - and if we sell it...

Edited by The9

In fairness, the 'Formotion' fitted perfectly fine! Also, black is slimming. :D

So did mine, but it was an XL and the Climacool was a L (though that might have been because I waited until it was £20 and I was skinnier by then). :D

Edited by The9

Are we going to have mass retailing of these shirts or are we still going to be selling them only through the club's outlets?

Very good question, though as it's supposed to be a resumption of the original adidas deal (and there was no particular reason for those to be in-house either) I suspect we'll still be selling only from the club shops and online.

Difficult to tell whether that was a Cortese preference or the way Katharina wants to do things, the 2014/15 thing was such a rush job I doubt they wanted to mass market, and this season's could still be the same contract.

Whether the club decides to "go global" for the next deal is another matter.

Are we going to have mass retailing of these shirts or are we still going to be selling them only through the club's outlets?

I reckon if you put a handful of the popular sizes in each sports direct up and down the country you'd shift em. Not loads, but I reckon you'd see them go if you had a few of each. You gotta start somewhere!

Have we ever sold shirts en masse? Can't remember ever seeing our shirt outside of the club shops.

Prior to Rupert's original own label designs you could buy our shirts in selected outlets within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight but they didn't have the mass appeal back then (aside maybe the Rank Xerox Keegan kits).

I reckon if you put a handful of the popular sizes in each sports direct up and down the country you'd shift em. Not loads, but I reckon you'd see them go if you had a few of each. You gotta start somewhere!

I agree and Kreuger was on about missed opportunities. Even if it is only kit collecting anoraks who buy them.

I agree and Kreuger was on about missed opportunities. Even if it is only kit collecting anoraks who buy them.

You'd be surprised how many people only "like Saints" but would only buy a shirt if it happened to be there - especially as we've built up YEARS of the shirts not being readily available.

Of course the problem with SportsDirect is that some of the money goes to Mike Ashley, not to mention they're in bed with the Skates for as long as they're wearing Sondico.

You'd be surprised how many people only "like Saints" but would only buy a shirt if it happened to be there - especially as we've built up YEARS of the shirts not being readily available.

Of course the problem with SportsDirect is that some of the money goes to Mike Ashley, not to mention they're in bed with the Skates for as long as they're wearing Sondico.

Well it doesn't have to be sports direct (or maybe it does as its the biggest chain) but yeah I definitely think they would be shifted now we've gained more of a reputation in the league. We're a comfy mid-table pusher, like Swansea, who most neutrals in the league will have a soft spot for and be up for watching as we play attractive football (if someone could remind the players for the last couple of games that would be great) and can give the big boys a game when we play well (again, players, someone remind). A plucky underdog against the biggest teams. Plus, the Saints fans who live round the country would buy the shirts as they wouldn't be able to get to the saints shop, and may not want to pay delivery costs, but if its right there they can get them.

I really hope they get rolled out nationwide, we'd probably sell more than we think we would. And even if we don't make loads of extra money on them, every little helps, and it gets our branding and our colours out and about in other parts of the country. Besides there are people who start watching football all the time and choose a team to follow based on what they like rather then where they're from, and why not Saints, and if Saints, they'd maybe like a shirt!

I guess a problem with SportsDirect is they often discount (even if only slightly) which may detract from sales of shirts from the club. But sticking them in all the national Adidas shops alongside the Chelsea, United, AC Milan, Real Madrid shirts wouldn't do us any harm! (I'm not comparing us to those clubs, obviously)

Yes it does. Straight out of the teamwear catalogue, even the colours (possibly a little darker)

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/teamwear/mens-adidas-teamwear-football-team-kits.aspx?listName=mens-adidas-teamwear-football-team-kits&cur=GBP&p=2&pp=24

Very lazy.

The template itself is ok, but for our home im hoping they have added some detail at least. Different collar etc.

Edited by doggface

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fj8e2O34R8I/VBkux6-nPfI/AAAAAAAAYbk/QE0KTnhzC8A/s1600/River-14-15-Home-Kit%25252B(1).jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/04/new-river-plate-2014-adidas-away-kit.html&h=1178&w=923&tbnid=UWaD1iqfEaboiM:&zoom=1&docid=x4Tp2XT8MtFpcM&hl=en&ei=atZVVefwGYqNyAS8poCIDw&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCIQMygFMAU

new river plate sash looking awesome

Sort of, that collar is wrong, it doesn't even look like the collar on the leak they used to create the photoshop.

THIS is what we're having (again):

Southampton-15-16-Kits.jpg

And while I think of it, here's Valencia's new away kit, the shoulder panels are in the same place as on the green away - which MIGHT have a bit more detail than is obvious from the leaked picture - there looks like there could be a sort of tartan in the navy pattern on the Saints version...

ValenciaSenyera1516.jpg

I quite like it, especially the home shorts. Hope it's not a round neck though. Tartan is bats though. Is wee Gordy Strachan coming back?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fj8e2O34R8I/VBkux6-nPfI/AAAAAAAAYbk/QE0KTnhzC8A/s1600/River-14-15-Home-Kit%25252B(1).jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/04/new-river-plate-2014-adidas-away-kit.html&h=1178&w=923&tbnid=UWaD1iqfEaboiM:&zoom=1&docid=x4Tp2XT8MtFpcM&hl=en&ei=atZVVefwGYqNyAS8poCIDw&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCIQMygFMAU

new river plate sash looking awesome

I think that's current, not new - but as football shirts goes it's the mutt's minerals, aint it?!

sq0c4p.jpg