The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

Shorts are black, though the away shorts are navy with green trim if you want to mix and match...

I don't buy these overpriced pieces of tat. Prefer to spend my money on going to games.

Bring back Navy shorts.

The closest Stoke kit is this one, which has a white stripe in the middle and a load of white on the sleeves. All the other designs aren't even close to this.

stoke-city-home-jersey-2012-13.jpg

Well, there's the year after's, but that's got a collar and white bits on the sleeves too.

Edited by The9

The templates suggested the crest would sit astride the stripes. Thankfully it does not and sits neatly within a stripe. For OCD Saints this is a good thing.

It's way too low though, dunno why Adidas keep doing that.

Another shambolic shirt from adidas, i think we will have to look elsewhere going forward maybe umbro or warrior etc

putting a logo in the middle of the shirt is so schit.

the sponsor decal stills looks poor and the shirt should have had cut away stripes in the middle for it to go.

Well Warrior are now New Balance and I haven't seen them produce a decent shirt yet.

I think the sponsor looks much better than when it's been on a panel.

The closest Stoke kit is this one, which has a white stripe in the middle and a load of white on the sleeves. All the other designs aren't even close to this.

stoke-city-home-jersey-2012-13.jpg

Correct, like I said it's the Adidas badge in the middle that is drawing people to Stoke.

I think this kit will be a grower.

Why does it need to though? If you're going to have template designs with subtle differences that mean they have to be manufactured separately, why not just have totally different designs?

Because they have a fixed number of pieces within that process and there are a finite number of combinations. They go to a lot of trouble to make sure the top sides get something you can't just slap a badge on from teamwear. In this case their "lot of trouble" involves a round collar.

Correct, like I said it's the Adidas badge in the middle that is drawing people to Stoke.

I think this kit will be a grower.

prefer our shirt to that Stoke one because it doesn't have those terrible features on the arms, or a Stoke badge.

prefer our shirt to that Stoke one because it doesn't have those terrible features on the arms, or a Stoke badge.

It's their 2012/13 kit, for the record. I'm surprised we haven't gone with a black collar or at least an element of black on the collar, but we don't seem to be very big on the black bits any more.

Also haven't seen the back yet, Juventus have a panel but the stripes are narrower and it's a different template, hopefully we'll do an Athletic Bilbao and have stripes in League and panel only if needed in Europe.

After all the fuss with Barry Gale, something original rather than a generic adidas shirt.

You were incredibly naive then, when/if you saw the templates a few months back you should've realised that's what we were getting.

I assume the players will get a form-fitting shirt, and the one in the video/shown is the supporters replica one?

Why does it need to though? If you're going to have template designs with subtle differences that mean they have to be manufactured separately, why not just have totally different designs?

Because Adidas is a huge, multinational corporation. Completely inefficient to treat every new kit commission as a blank sheet of paper.

And not just from a design perspective, but I imagine also from a manufacturing point of view - if they minimise the number of formats of striped kits then you're going be achieving significant efficiencies.

Dull product development stuff I'm afraid.

You were incredibly naive then, when/if you saw the templates a few months back you should've realised that's what we were getting.

I assume the players will get a form-fitting shirt, and the one in the video/shown is the supporters replica one?

Naïve? Really? As it is I don't pay a huge amount of attention to how wide the stripes are and which manufacturer puts their logo on. I know some people find it quite concerning, but its never really bothered me. Just that for all the build up, to get something other teams have been using for years is somewhat anticlimactic.

Naïve? Really? As it is I don't pay a huge amount of attention to how wide the stripes are and which manufacturer puts their logo on. I know some people find it quite concerning, but its never really bothered me. Just that for all the build up, to get something other teams have been using for years is somewhat anticlimactic.

There was no way you should've been pulled in by the build up though when we've known what the kits were going to look like for months now.

After all the fuss with Barry Gale, something original rather than a generic adidas shirt.

He was wearing the MOST generic red adidas top possible, plus pretty much everyone had already seen the design.

Because Adidas is a huge, multinational corporation. Completely inefficient to treat every new kit commission as a blank sheet of paper.

And not just from a design perspective, but I imagine also from a manufacturing point of view - if they minimise the number of formats of striped kits then you're going be achieving significant efficiencies.

Dull product development stuff I'm afraid.

A mere glance back through this thread shows that adidas have got all of 4-6 design pieces going for each bit of the kit, they obviously just get the materials in the right colour or with the right pattern printed on it and cut the corresponding bits a gazillion times over.

I'm still surprised we've managed to get through a 3 year adidas deal without once having black stripes or a black adidas logo on the home kit (obviously the hiatus year helped with that).

There was no way you should've been pulled in by the build up though when we've known what the kits were going to look like for months now.

I realise now that the build up was to generate some excitement, amongst those that care, about the new shirt on what they knew was the most boring and insipid design possible. But hey, I'm more interested in how we play and not the workers' uniforms.

It'll grow on me I think, that logo is driving my OCD crazy though.

Still, much better than the red and gold cortese abomination. That shirt has not aged well, ugh.

It was born ugly.

Pretty sure they're just placeholders for people who are desperate to buy something with a Saints badge and adidas logo on, they're not proper training kit and the logos being reversed suggests they've just slapped a Saints logo on some generic adidas products which you can also buy without it (as opposed to the actual training kit the team wears, which of course you can also buy with no logo and lots of other clubs' logos, but I hope people get what I mean...).

Interesting to see the new Benfica shirt is identical to Saints with the exception of the lack of white stripes (and the location of the adidas logo and different sponsors, obvs). Can't see from this whether the sleeve shapes are the same or not, but the tape around the bottom leads me to believe it's the same template.

Benfica15.jpg

Interesting to see the new Benfica shirt is identical to Saints with the exception of the lack of white stripes (and the location of the adidas logo and different sponsors, obvs). Can't see from this whether the sleeve shapes are the same or not, but the tape around the bottom leads me to believe it's the same template.

Benfica15.jpg

So not identical then....

So not identical then....

Correct, not identical. Only 90% of the design is the same. Still a lot more similar than any of Stoke's kits.

Same shape, same two colours, same pattern, same *halo* collar, same material. Just missing the stripes and different logos for the different clubs.