The Long Overdue Pointless 2015/16 (Adidas) Kit Thread

The9

They have one at the moment, and haven't gone 5 years without one since 1969.

They've had a yellow shirt 3 of every 4 years over the past 45 years. Plus 7/10 seasons during the first decade of the millennium. That's "practically every year" to me.

Spurs' away shirt this year is blue, I think you're getting it confused with their third shirt :thumbup:

Spurs' away shirt this year is blue, I think you're getting it confused with their third shirt :thumbup:

I haven't mentioned their "away" shirt, I've mentioned them having a yellow shirt, precisely to avoid the distinction you're trying to introduce now your argument has been debunked.

I haven't mentioned their "away" shirt, I've mentioned them having a yellow shirt, precisely to avoid the distinction you're trying to introduce now your argument has been debunked.
:lol: You've gone back to edit your earlier post (which I've already quoted anyway), to cover your tracks :lol:

:lol: You've gone back to edit your earlier post (which I've already quoted anyway), to cover your tracks :lol:

I went back to check for clarity, and the one you quoted doesn't mention "away".

Good to see the grey keeper kit getting another outing on Saturday (though... result...).

Oh, and here's the new Stoke away, now it's official:

Stoke15-1.jpg

Jonathan Walters looks like a Stoke support wearing a Stoke shirt rather than an athlete :p just because if the way the picture has been edited I think :p

See my post at 7.17pm. :lol:

Ah, well that was the one I changed, not that it makes you any less wrong, as I'm still referring to how often they have had a yellow kit, whether away or 3rd or European or one-off.

Jonathan Walters looks like a Stoke support wearing a Stoke shirt rather than an athlete :p just because if the way the picture has been edited I think :p

He looks more athletic here than I've ever seen him on a pitch. Black's slimming though.

Perhaps our new shirt will be like those that the academy kids are wearing on the front page of the OS today.

Looks alright.

They aren't Southampton academy players, they play for local under 9's teams Sholing Youth, Queenskeep FC, Littleton FC and Hedge End Eagles.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150506-veho-academy-experience-2442904.aspx

Edited by Matthew Le God

Perhaps our new shirt will be like those that the academy kids are wearing on the front page of the OS today.

Looks alright.

Adidas teamwear with 2 year old shorts design (as worn in red by the club last season). Does look nice, but not going to be the next Saints kit.

Looks like it'll likely be another late-ish release again this year - I'd expect to see the home kit in the shops on the first Friday of July...

Is that late? I think that's pretty standard. We've tended to get a shirt out in July (mainly due to contract end dates recently), then the training kit gets an outing mid July as the players come back to training, then the other kit start of August in time for the new season.

If we end up in Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round that schedule might get a bit messed around - but then the first qualifier is July 30th so it shouldn't be a major issue even if we're away to a team in red and white and haven't launched the away kit yet.

Would be pretty funny if we played Maritimo or Rio Ave away and couldn't wear either home or away kit.

1358072225-vitoria-of-guimaraes-and-maritimo-draw-11-at-portuguese-league_1721706.jpg

2014-05-07-20140507phc34.jpg?v=w960

Is that late? I think that's pretty standard. We've tended to get a shirt out in July (mainly due to contract end dates recently), then the training kit gets an outing mid July as the players come back to training, then the other kit start of August in time for the new season.

I'm just going by the complaints I tend to see on here when our kits come out. :lol:

God, a f*cking July release date once again, would it really kill them to release the shirt in May?!

I know we have things like contracts ending etc. but A LOT of PL clubs get round this, so there must be some way we can release a shirt before July, surely, I will be partly appeased if they at least release an official image of the new kits in May I suppose.

I bet you and Mrs The9 have some amazing nights in.

Can't beat sitting on your jacksie not talking to each other because I'm posting links to rare 2005/6 sock pics and she's watching soaps. :D

What's more concerning is surely that the fact we wore black socks in this match is burned into my head and I've just been waiting for someone to share a pic of it from the club's archives for the past 5 years or so.

FWIW, those shorts (and the white version of those socks) had a good run - what with the replacement of the one-year nose-breaker shirt when Friends Provident were replaced by Flybe, but keeping the same shorts and socks, we actually wore them for 3 successive seasons, almost unheard of in modern football.

A reveal? Must be wearing it vs Villa if reveal this week?

Could also wear it away to City - Prem rules allow for wearing of a new shirt for one match at the end of the season (whether last home OR away game) provided it's worn the following season.

I'm assuming that due to the nature of the renewed adidas contract and the lack of merchandising and brand name on the current shirts, there wouldn't be any of the usual legal contractual implications to changing manufacturer or sponsor before July 1st that we might normally have when usually changing shirts before the summer. Makes lots of sense to do it before the end of the season when you have the same manufacturer and sponsor, a lot less likely when you don't.

There's always the possibility the club just won't bother, but what better way to shift shirts to overseas markets than a big ol' worldwide 90 minute advert last home or away match of the season?

If Veho aren't our sponsors next season they will have a contract for no new shirt to be released before a certain date (so that Veho gets promoted for a full year). If they are, they might be able to release them earlier.

God, a f*cking July release date once again, would it really kill them to release the shirt in May?!

I know we have things like contracts ending etc. but A LOT of PL clubs get round this, so there must be some way we can release a shirt before July, surely, I will be partly appeased if they at least release an official image of the new kits in May I suppose.

If Veho aren't our sponsors next season they will have a contract for no new shirt to be released before a certain date (so that Veho gets promoted for a full year). If they are, they might be able to release them earlier.

I thought our contract was was 2 seasons with Veho, but I may be wrong.

a challenging fashion choice, red trainers is notoriously difficult to co-ordinate. I mean no problem if ur a bird, you can match it with i.e. an above knee summer dress of almost any colour or even leggings, but if ur a bro wearing clarkson faded blue jeans ur gonna run the risk of looking a bit dressy. I'm not even sure black jeans is gonna work for you. Assuming you can't go shorts, I might look into a skinny jean in a light cream colour, if you've got the build for it, but you want to avoid blue tones in whatever trouser choice you make cos it will clash something horrid :thumbup:

Anyway, this is GOOD news, because I also saw a Marseille fleece thing - they have side collar zips down the side of the 3 stripe and it was pretty nice.

Oh, and here's the Sheffield United one.

2749-60.jpg

109262.jpg

Edited by The9

Training Hoodie:

om-158469.jpg?width=170&height=170&quality=95

Polo Shirt:

om-158495.jpg?width=170&height=170&quality=95

There's also a sleeveless version and a standard t-shirt.

So we know what it'll look like, only question now is the colour... will we go for a green/navy to go with the away kit, or the red/white options Sheff Utd have used?

Edited by The9

It's all Tiro 15 stuff in different colour ways. It's nice, it always is for Adidas. All over MLS now.

Really want a tracksuit but this could be last year with Adidas so will probably wait & see what deal we have for 2016

It's all Tiro 15 stuff in different colour ways. It's nice, it always is for Adidas. All over MLS now.

Really want a tracksuit but this could be last year with Adidas so will probably wait & see what deal we have for 2016

Certainly is.

Tracksuit was the only thing I didn't post or mention. :D