Why no Saints women team?

whelk

Don't knock it. There's could be a whole new squad for us to invent witty songs for and to give funny alternative names to. Also, no one is going to turn down the chance to buy a half and half scarf of Saints Ladies and Doncaster Belles*

*if they're still a team.

Don't knock it. There's could be a whole new squad for us to invent witty songs for and to give funny alternative names to. Also, no one is going to turn down the chance to buy a half and half scarf of Saints Ladies and Doncaster Belles*

*if they're still a team.

When an opposition player reacts angrily to a referees decision...

'Your time of the month, its your time of the month, leave the ref alone, it's your time of the month'

Regularly or now and again?

Are you bored and searching for a new target? Bless your heart.

Support is not a temporary construct, they are part of our club, fans who wish to play in our name. Therefore the support will always be there. It's archaic that they have been separate for so long.

Support is not a temporary construct, they are part of our club, fans who wish to play in our name. Therefore the support will always be there.

Not at all pal. I not you describe if as 'great' we might have a woman's team linked to the club. If that's the case then is expect you to be there cheering them on every week, like you are for the mans team, what with it being great and all.

Support is not a temporary construct, they are part of our club, fans who wish to play in our name. Therefore the support will always be there.

I am against the reformation of the women's team and will protest about it by buying a ticket for one of their matches at the earliest possible opportunity.

Not at all pal. I not you describe if as 'great' we might have a woman's team linked to the club. If that's the case then is expect you to be there cheering them on every week, like you are for the mans team, what with it being great and all.

:bun:

Ah, focusing on semantics and trying to indulge your boredom on that basis. Consistency Turkish, it's your signature.

Yes, it would be, in my opinion great for the women's team to be reintegrated into the club. For our community, all of it. My opinion is surely clear, yours will never be... regardless of your actual intention. Mission accomplished eh chap. ;)

Edited by Colinjb

When an opposition player reacts angrily to a referees decision...

'Your time of the month, its your time of the month, leave the ref alone, it's your time of the month'

If there's a bloke linesman who makes a mistake we could sing "you should be washing the car" or "Top Gear, you should be watching Top Gear"

Endless opportunities.

:bun:

Ah, focusing on semantics and trying to indulge your boredom on that basis. Consistency Turkish, it's your signature.

Yes, it would be, in my opinion great for the women's team to be reintegrated into the club. For our community, all of it. My opinion is surely clear, yours will never be... regardless of your actual intention. Mission accomplished eh chap. ;)

Consistency = protesting against a kit by buying it and saying how much you support a woman's team that its 'great' to have but rarely going to watch them, yes?

Southampton FC should buy the land around SMS and have another pitch/ground for a ladies team, also restaurants and cinema complex. Then football could be enjoyed by the whole family and make a day of it. Let's move with the times as football has changed over the last few decades.

You could have a morning kick off for the ladies, go and watch a film, get some lunch and then go to the main event. Even go to the cinema afterwards, or a family meal.

There is a lot of money to be made from the match day experience, that the club could tap into. It is all short sighted stuff. While they are at it, get a wii fi connection sorted out.

I would travel down the night before to make a day of it with the family. At the moment I drive down and pack, go to the game and then drive home. You make it more of an experience for the whole family and they are likely to want to come back..... The next generation.

Isn't it funny how supporters seem to think the whole world revolves around them. Whereas in actuality, this is an opportunity for women, who want to play football. No more, no less.

It's remarkable the respect people have for lower-league football when they write women's football off for its quality.

That's because women's football is of the same standard as male u12 football at your local park. With all the equal opportunity in the world, its not entertaining unless you have family involved.

Southampton FC should buy the land around SMS and have another pitch/ground for a ladies team, also restaurants and cinema complex. Then football could be enjoyed by the whole family and make a day of it. Let's move with the times as football has changed over the last few decades.

You could have a morning kick off for the ladies, go and watch a film, get some lunch and then go to the main event. Even go to the cinema afterwards, or a family meal.

There is a lot of money to be made from the match day experience, that the club could tap into. It is all short sighted stuff. While they are at it, get a wii fi connection sorted out.

I would travel down the night before to make a day of it with the family. At the moment I drive down and pack, go to the game and then drive home. You make it more of an experience for the whole family and they are likely to want to come back..... The next generation.

90 minutes of football clearly not enough for some people. If someone wouldn’t come to a game unless they were combing it with lunch out and a trip to the cinema I'd rather them not be there to be honest.

Do you not meet for mates, even old ones, for a beer or 2? Do you *really* want your missus tagging along with you to football and not have a chance to have a few hours of you and mates? Women can come along, but go shopping instead, that works for me.

You might want to support Reading instead. There's a trading estate with a Frankie and Benny's there and everything.

That's because women's football is of the same standard as male u12 football at your local park. With all the equal opportunity in the world, its not entertaining unless you have family involved.

Is that any great surprise? Men are playing with balls from pretty much the moment they are born, whereas women typically have to wait until their 12 or 13.

Edit: 16! I meant 16! Honest!

Do you not meet for mates, even old ones, for a beer or 2? Do you *really* want your missus tagging along with you to football and not have a chance to have a few hours of you and mates? Women can come along, but go shopping instead, that works for me.

Me and my wife were season ticket holders until 2006, then moved away. Used to love going with her. Met my girlfriend before this coming home from a Saints game in 2008 and used to go to games for 2 years with her and our mates. I very rarely go to games now, but do meet with mates at some of them. Others I go down, go to the game and go home. Other games I take my daughter with me. I tend to drive when I go now, so do not drink when I go to the football.