Tadic most unselfish Saints player ever?

Red and White Army

OK, we're only eight games in but it seems to me there have been many occasions already when Tadic could have - perfectly reasonably - taken a shot but has instead chosen to square it to a better placed player who has scored. I am struggling to remember such selflessness - Pahars made a lot of chances I remember but also wasn't shy about going for goal. Le Tiss rarely spurred a shooting chance, just as well as he was head and shoulders above most strikers he played with. Strugging to think of anyone else in red and white who made quite so many chances for others without having many pokes at goal himself?

I remember reading before we signed him that he always created a silly amount of chances per game. On paper, teaming up the dutch leagues most threatening creative player with the leagues most prolific scorer looked a match made in heaven - it never usually works out like that though, but in this case it has. What a combo those 2 are.

Intelligent, unselfish, composed. Not very quick but his ability to pick out a pass is as good as I've seen down at St Mary's. In terms of end product, he's a notch up from Lallana. And that's the all important thing here.

He is awesome

As someone else said in another thread. He is what we all hoped gaston would be

Exactly this - Everyone was so wanting Gaston to show his talent, and we all waited for him to perform, Tadic has come in and been excellent - looks a superb player. An excellent buy from Koeman, and seems to get on really with Graziano. Happy days.

He is awesome

As someone else said in another thread. He is what we all hoped gaston would be

Exactly this - Everyone was so wanting Gaston to show his talent, and we all waited for him to perform, Tadic has come in and been excellent - looks a superb player. An excellent buy from Koeman, and seems to get on really with Graziano. Happy days.

Papa Waigo led the line selflessly at times during his successful loan spell at Saints.

Tadic is different class though. Superb player. Amazed he went undetected in Holland. Lets enjoy him before he joins a CL side.

He may already be with a CL side. If Arsenal, who Saints' knocked out of the League cup, and who have a much vaunted depth of squad, can struggle to draw at home to Hull, their place looks to be available. We are now 20% of the way though the season, so although there are hard matches to come, other teams have hard games as well. Hanging in there may seem unlikely but it's not impossible.

Lol, he called himself 'king of assists' in his post match interview.

But tbh he is, so fair play :)

In his defence, in English it sounds worse than (I'm sure) he meant it. In Serbian, the 'King of' something in sports is often used to denote the person who tops the list, or gets the most of, in this case assists. So I assume he just meant to say that in Holland he was top assist-getter, and he hopes to be the same in England.

Just had MotD on repeat....

I've been watching Saints for near on 50 years. Tadic's performance for Saints was one of the best I've ever seen. Simply sublime....

His passing, awareness and ball control was pure class. He's not one to run around to try and impress. All his assists were done at walking pace.

If he can keep this level up for even half a season, we'll have another season to remember...

Angel Di Maria provided the assist for Marouane Fellaini - he has now provided 18 assists in league matches in 2014, which is four more than any other player from all of France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands and England's top leagues (Messi and Tadic both have 14).

That's just popped up on the BBC. Tadic has the same number of assists as Messi...

Angel Di Maria provided the assist for Marouane Fellaini - he has now provided 18 assists in league matches in 2014, which is four more than any other player from all of France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands and England's top leagues (Messi and Tadic both have 14).

That's just popped up on the BBC. Tadic has the same number of assists as Messi...

Looking at united's next 2 games I reckon Tadic can get closer

In terms of his ability to put the ball in the right place he is the nearest thing to Terry Paine that I've seen. So much more to his game, great football brain and probably for me the most impressive thing on Saturday, when Clyne was caught up field, he raced into the right back position level with the CBs. A real team player.

In the Premier League this season Di Maria has 4 assists in 6 games. Tadic has 7 in 8 games.

OK, we're only eight games in but it seems to me there have been many occasions already when Tadic could have - perfectly reasonably - taken a shot but has instead chosen to square it to a better placed player who has scored. I am struggling to remember such selflessness - Pahars made a lot of chances I remember but also wasn't shy about going for goal. Le Tiss rarely spurred a shooting chance, just as well as he was head and shoulders above most strikers he played with. Strugging to think of anyone else in red and white who made quite so many chances for others without having many pokes at goal himself?

Always felt Lambert was pretty unselfish for a centre foward. I know he got a lot of goals but his assit stats were always pretty good to. Never afraid to put someone else in instead of shooting.

Always felt Lambert was pretty unselfish for a centre foward. I know he got a lot of goals but his assit stats were always pretty good to. Never afraid to put someone else in instead of shooting.

In his first L1 season with us, he got 36 odd goals but 24 assists. Tells you all you need to know about that guys game.

Good call.

Could you imagine Tadic and Lambert playing together? "You shoot", "No you shoot", "no, here you go, you score" ...

OK, we're only eight games in but it seems to me there have been many occasions already when Tadic could have - perfectly reasonably - taken a shot but has instead chosen to square it to a better placed player who has scored. I am struggling to remember such selflessness - Pahars made a lot of chances I remember but also wasn't shy about going for goal. Le Tiss rarely spurred a shooting chance, just as well as he was head and shoulders above most strikers he played with.

Strugging to think of anyone else in red and white who made quite so many chances for others without having many pokes at goal himself?

Of course - if you go back (far enough) you'd probably find that Terry Paine had a good record of assists)

HOWEVER, answer to the question.....I'd think that Brett Ormerod must have clocked up a few, he certainly helped make James Beattie become the success he was.

BUT I won't compare any of them with the titled player Tadic...who does seem to be the complete player, and we're only 8 games in.. so what will his tally be, I wonder ....after 38?

Aside from his truly excellent form, he does seem very humble about everything and always says " the team " and seldom (in interviews) has talked much about himself).