Pubs in Southampton for away fans?

scotty

A mate of mine is coming down from the midlands for the Leicester game. He'll be with a few Leicester supporting friends, and I want to catch up with him before the game for a few pints. Which pubs would be best for travelling away fans, any advice?

They mostly go to the pubs inbetween the station and the ground which invariably means Yates. It's pretty much now known as the away fans pub.

I guess it depends on whether they want decent beer or not. There aren't that many pubs which are home fans only so you can pretty much take your pick.

Yates the ****s even put up balloons in the away team colours, hate the place since we were refused entry last game of the season a few years ago because it was "Sheffield United fans only" !

Sino,

I wouldn't take it to heart. Possibly the police/council made them decide to do that or close before the match.

Which pubs would you recommend for home fans? Usually end up in the chapel arms before games. Used to go to Yates however it's just full of away fans.

Ooo-errr! Had a trip on the train to Southampton from Basingstoke for one game and drank ourselves to SMS pub to pub, we ended up in the Chapel Arms checked the ales and went with the best of a bad bunch (jeez it went straight through me as if my mouth was connected directly to the old chap), so wished we had stayed in the Royal Oak down by Debenhams as the beer was much much better.

The Waterfront gets quite busy on a Matchday with Saints fans and a few foreign bodies too.

I sometimes go to one of the pubs at St Denys, and then take the footpath that runs right next to the Itchen. The Standing Order (a 'spoons pub) often has away supporters in there, never any problems, and The Platform is the same and brews their own beer. The Guide Dog has got good beer but is not recommended _after_ the game, it's crowded enough already!

Thankfully, most of the pubs are away fan friendly so you can pretty much take your pick without too much worry (of course there might be the odd moron but its relatively rare).

The king Alfred is ok, has a bbq normally but gets pretty busy.

Got to love the farmhouse!! Away fans also welcome in here, never seen any problems

Aye, there was a Sunderland fan drowning his (many) sorrows in there after the game.

My bro lives just around the road. Getting me to meet me here (on pain of "turn up I'll go without you, you lazy bast!") has been a much more pleasant experience than dragging him out of his bed at 1pm.

A mate of mine is coming down from the midlands for the Leicester game. He'll be with a few Leicester supporting friends, and I want to catch up with him before the game for a few pints. Which pubs would be best for travelling away fans, any advice?

Any pub in Portsmouth??