Dusan Tadic - the one-man gelling agent

mcbendy

With the players that left and the players that Koeman brought in, I think it is fair to say that given time the team would have worked itself out and settled down to be decent. Top half at least. We had retained most of our defensive unit which was one of our strengths and brought in decent attacking talent. But I firmly believe that it is Dusan Tadic that has ensured that we have gelled into a winning side as swiftly as we have. He is one hell of a player and a huge upgrade in the creativity/assist department on Lallana. He worked out how to get us scoring goals in no time at all and is a total assist machine. His vision, touch, precision, passing - I just can't praise him highly enough. It seems that just about every time the ball lands at his feet he creates a goal-scoring opportunity.

All hail Dusan Tadic.

P.S. Has there ever been a better time to be a Saints fan? Not in my lifetime.

Scary thing is there is probably a lot more to come from him, and he seems to be getting better with each game. His performance on Saturday was staggering and great to see him open his PL account - hopefully the first of many. His vision is superb and he is brilliantly destructive in a completely selfless way, always choosing the better placed teammate rather than going for goal himself. When you pair him with the far more selfish Pelle, who does seem to thrive on personal glory and individual accolades, it is a pretty potent combination.

It would be a fascinating dilemma for "The Media" if Tadic's stats at the end of the season indicated an obvious "Player of the Season" award. WTF would they do...actually award it to a player from a team outside of "The Glory Clubs"?

Purely hypothetical of course but somehow I think they would wriggle out of it somehow.:lol:

The reverse pass down the inside left to Davis to square for Pelle to tap in was so simple but brilliantly played. The weight of pass and the vision to spin on a sixpence and slot it down to Davis was telepathic. We haven't seen a player like that for years and I include Lallana.

Lallana had it in his locker for sure but rarely did we see it IMO. Not to be negative about Lallana whom I believe gave us superb drive and power when running with the ball, not to mention the tricks and spins in tight situations. Tadic for me perhaps hasn't shown the same drive from midfield but boy does he spot a pass.

"Ah here comes big Vic, if I stick the ball right there and he does what the crowd will tell him then that should be in the back of the net........... there you go, Easy peasy!".

I can't remember folks in every stand singing one players name as one so soon into a Saints career, that will be petrol in his tank without a doubt.

My friend in Holland supports Twente and they all want him back............ Strangely though he says the amount of his mates talking about Southampton is amazing.

With the players that left and the players that Koeman brought in, I think it is fair to say that given time the team would have worked itself out and settled down to be decent. Top half at least. We had retained most of our defensive unit which was one of our strengths and brought in decent attacking talent. But I firmly believe that it is Dusan Tadic that has ensured that we have gelled into a winning side as swiftly as we have. He is one hell of a player and a huge upgrade in the creativity/assist department on Lallana. He worked out how to get us scoring goals in no time at all and is a total assist machine. His vision, touch, precision, passing - I just can't praise him highly enough. It seems that just about every time the ball lands at his feet he creates a goal-scoring opportunity.

All hail Dusan Tadic.

P.S. Has there ever been a better time to be a Saints fan? Not in my lifetime.

I'm not sure how old you are, but presumable the summer of 1976 and the early 80's tick that box.

Not within my lifetime though! :smug:

It would be a fascinating dilemma for "The Media" if Tadic's stats at the end of the season indicated an obvious "Player of the Season" award. WTF would they do...actually award it to a player from a team outside of "The Glory Clubs"?

Purely hypothetical of course but somehow I think they would wriggle out of it somehow.:lol:

We're only eight games in and we already know it will be Di Maria or Costa that gets it, barring serious injury. After what happened last summer, I'm not sure I want any of our players being praised by the media at the end of the season.

Scary thing is there is probably a lot more to come from him, and he seems to be getting better with each game. His performance on Saturday was staggering and great to see him open his PL account - hopefully the first of many. His vision is superb and he is brilliantly destructive in a completely selfless way, always choosing the better placed teammate rather than going for goal himself. When you pair him with the far more selfish Pelle, who does seem to thrive on personal glory and individual accolades, it is a pretty potent combination.

This.

Being selfish and greedy isn't always a bad thing in football, infact for a striker it can probably count as an attribute and having an unselfish player like Tadic is the perfect balance. Selfishness is something we lacked a bit last season, we scored goals but we dominated most games and chances sometimes wern't finished off because our players were too unselfish and kept wanting to pass to their team mates. I'm glad Pelle's a bit greedy

i think he has been simply fantastic...

while i think Pelle is here for a good few years, i wonder if we will only be allowed to bask in the Tadic light for one season only...

if he continues like he is, we are gonna get some whopping big offers next summer.. :(

He loves space, and it works beautifully for him. He makes so much space for himself, like when we counter attack he is not just bombing forward but will even drop back a bit to make sure he gets time on the ball, and he always seems to know two passes ahead and when he does pick up the ball he seems to have 2 or three options. Yup, he is ok.

We're only eight games in and we already know it will be Di Maria or Costa that gets it, barring serious injury. After what happened last summer, I'm not sure I want any of our players being praised by the media at the end of the season.

Think Fabregas is the standout choice myself. Aguero's got a shout at this early stage too

What do you guys think Tadic is really worth now if he keeps this up all season?

1 season? 25 to 30 mill I would guess? He could be worth more if he does it for a couple :proud:

Also, Southampton officially England's most beautiful city (Lord Dusan says so).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southamptons-dusan-tadic-admits-champions-4476219

Unless... unless... unless we somehow managed to qualify for champions league. Then they might. And if we did, I bet you, he would be the reason.

Sorry :lol: I know we're not allowed to say that anyway.

:suspicious:

i think he has been simply fantastic...

while i think Pelle is here for a good few years, i wonder if we will only be allowed to bask in the Tadic light for one season only...

if he continues like he is, we are gonna get some whopping big offers next summer.. :(

I am hoping that management made it clear when signing people that there would be no more one year stays here. If Mayuka and Osvaldo have to stay for more than a year so should Mane and Tadic.

1 season? 25 to 30 mill I would guess? He could be worth more if he does it for a couple :proud:

Also, Southampton officially England's most beautiful city (Lord Dusan says so).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southamptons-dusan-tadic-admits-champions-4476219

This past weekend Southampton was more beautiful even than my home town of San Francisco. (Check the 49ers score.) With the World Series starting up today, I am hoping that changes again.

Reminds me a bit of Peter Beardsley but playing out wide. Has the ability to beat a man with quick feet rather than pace and to put the ball on a sixpence. Seems to take just as much pleasure from creating as scoring hoals himself which is a great asset for a team to have.

Just total class. Tadic is a total upgrade on Lallana. Like Jesus Reigned said, his pas for Cork's goal on Saturday was just sensational.

The weight of every one of his passes is just spot on. He's like a magician.

He's like Isco without pace.