DAILY MAIL: Saints fan travels for 41 hours to see first game - Saints win 8-0

Saint-Armstrong

Good thing all those connecting flights worked out for him otherwise he would have been stuck in an airport for the game. Oh, and the Daily Mail got it wrong about the last time we scored eight in a game. How about the 8-2 against Coventry in 83/84, which just happened to be my first ever game at the Dell.

Good thing all those connecting flights worked out for him otherwise he would have been stuck in an airport for the game. Oh, and the Daily Mail got it wrong about the last time we scored eight in a game. How about the 8-2 against Coventry in 83/84, which just happened to be my first ever game at the Dell.

Was my first ever game too, not a bad start to supporting the Saints, though i can't feel it kind of went downhill from there!

SSN did a piece on him yesterday and I could have sworn he said he had started off from Darwin. But the Fail said it was Melbourne and they are never wrong, about anything.

Or is it that they couldn't find Darwin on a map?

A rare claim to fame for me

I took the photo shown in the Daily Mail of the Aussie guy with his thumbs up (using his camera) as he was sat just in front of me.

He was genuinely excited with the whole experience (who wouldn't be?)

Hope he is not brought back to earth by Stoke on Saturday

Wonder if he will be sat in the same seat?

Fair play to the guy, glad he enjoyed the day, but "superfan" and first game at age 30. I know others that have come across from Oz on more than one occasion, I guess he just lucked out that we won 8-0. I am so glad that the Mail decided to include a map showing where Melbourne is and the big arrow showing it to be 9500 miles. Melbourne to London Heathrow is actually 10500 (somewhere between 10509 and 10519 depending on which calculator you use). Hopefully he got his full air mile allocation. Darwin is only 8600. Actually having re-read the article Melbourne via Brunei and Dubai would work out as 11122 if you calculate each leg separately :) Daily Fail really is useless though, not only did we score 8 against Coventry, but also 9 against Wolves. They probably think that when we beat Man U 6-3 they were wearing grey shirts too.

Anyway, lets hope his good luck rubs off on us again against Stoke.

With his current profile in the media I think it would be great PR for the club to treat him a bit special for the Stoke game. Meet the players/visit to the home changing room etc. seeing the Dutch supporters on the Matchday Uncovered video was uplifting for many.

Fair play to the guy, glad he enjoyed the day, but "superfan" and first game at age 30. I know others that have come across from Oz on more than one occasion, I guess he just lucked out that we won 8-0. I am so glad that the Mail decided to include a map showing where Melbourne is and the big arrow showing it to be 9500 miles. Melbourne to London Heathrow is actually 10500 (somewhere between 10509 and 10519 depending on which calculator you use). Hopefully he got his full air mile allocation. Darwin is only 8600. Actually having re-read the article Melbourne via Brunei and Dubai would work out as 11122 if you calculate each leg separately :) Daily Fail really is useless though, not only did we score 8 against Coventry, but also 9 against Wolves. They probably think that when we beat Man U 6-3 they were wearing grey shirts too.

Jonathan Pearce on MOTD did on Saturday ?

Should I feel unlucky? During my trip over I "only" got to see the Newcastle and QPR league wins (couldn't get tickets for Swansea) - oh, and the cup game at Arsenal :)

Dont think you're a proper fan mate, unless you can show that you've been subject to a lot of press and media attention.

There's a lot of things to bash the Daily Mail with, but that ain't one of them. It's about 9,600 nautical miles on any aeroplane. But you are right, it would have been 11,122 miles if he had driven over in his Ford Fiesta.

Dont think you're a proper fan mate, unless you can show that you've been subject to a lot of press and media attention.

Well I did get an echo journalist contact me when we came back for the JPT final, but our story obviously wasn't anywhere near as interesting as after wanting to hear my story he never got back in touch! We've only made it back 4 times in 8 years so we're obviously part time plastics :) Funnily enough the first time I brought the missus back for a game, we suffered a 2-1 defeat to QPR but it obviously didn't put her off!